Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Tuscon completes the comeback in OT and suddenly the Moose are 2 points out of 3rd place with a game in hand!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Berdin with the best SAV% (0.932) among AHL goalies with at least 20 games, and it's not very close.

Could he be the real deal?

Hard to know... goalies are voodoo, but he is putting up some impressive numbers.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I think Helly is going to benefit from some emerging internal competition. It’s all good.

Reactions: GNP

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Moose home record: 23-10-1-1
Moose away record: 12-18-4-1

giphy.gif

Not promising considering they finish the season with 3 on the road. Against the two best teams in the division.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Huge win berdin is already leaps and bounds better at playing the puck than any goalie well have had. Altho it can be tense to watch in a close meaningful game but he's basicly another d man outlet

White had a really physical game answering back to a lot of the chippyness condors were giving our skill guys

Vesalainen has great hockey sense and calm demeanour gives u offense defence and playmaking. In on every goal tonight

Appleton clutch goal good work ethic

Stanley got walked wich lead to a goal has work to do few years away

One day I will win the 50/50 down 140$ so far this season

Reactions: dabizz and Saintb

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Berdin with the best SAV% (0.932) among AHL goalies with at least 20 games, and it's not very close.

Hard to know... goalies are voodoo, but he is putting up some impressive numbers.
Dude is lights out athleticly plays the puck better than a lot of nhl goalies and has swagger and balls.. He laid 2 hits today also lol

Cons rebound control and can play himself out of position forcing him to use his athleticism and make highlight reel saves or goals against. How old is he? Already looking like he's got potential cpl years with the Moose will be huge

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Moose home record: 23-10-1-1
Moose away record: 12-18-4-1

giphy.gif

Not promising considering they finish the season with 3 on the road. Against the two best teams in the division.
Those teams might rest key players hopefully !

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Dude is lights out athleticly plays the puck better than a lot of nhl goalies and has swagger and balls.. He laid 2 hits today also lol

Cons rebound control and can play himself out of position forcing him to use his athleticism and make highlight reel saves or goals against. How old is he? Already looking like he's got potential cpl years with the Moose will be huge
He's just turned 21, which is about 18 in goalie years.

He's listed at 6'2" or 6'3". Anyone know his actual size. My few viewings indicated that he's not that big a goalie, though bigger than Comrie.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
He's just turned 21, which is about 18 in goalie years.

He's listed at 6'2" or 6'3". Anyone know his actual size. My few viewings indicated that he's not that big a goalie, though bigger than Comrie.

While I'm no giant I regularly stand next to him post-game and I'd say he is easily 6'2 and maybe 6'3. Lanky so maybe doesn't appear that big.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Alright folks I just got home from the game and I’m just on mobile so I’ll give a quick recap.

I think Griffith and Shaw were our two best forwards. They’re just threats whenever they have the puck. I would bring them back just to help the Moose stay a competitive team.

Vesalainen plays a cool, smart game. He has good offensive instincts, uses his teammates well, and almost always makes the safe, right play. He wasn’t as good defensively, but it wasn’t like he was a liability out there.

Appleton was great with the puck tonight, but he sure draws a lot of attention from the other team. It allows other guys to get open. He was buzzing in the offensive zone and was rewarded with a goal by going to the net and being at the right place at the right time.

White was tenacious out there. Plays a very Brandon Tanev-like game, but without the speed. Just very physical and not letting Bakersfield take liberties on our guys. Always finished his checks, and helped get the crowd into it by being physical.

Dano got thrown out of the game for an illegal hit in the first period, so I didn’t see much of him. Very resilient of the Moose though to kill off his major.

Apart from a couple hits, I didn’t really notice Harkins and Spacek was practically invisible.

Defence wasn’t as noticeable, but I definitely think Schilling was our best out there. He’s so smooth skating with the puck. Stoykewych was solid too. Nogier is sound in the defensive zone and very smart, but he doesn’t have any offence to his game. Kinda like Mark Stuart in his “prime.” Stanley got walked on the first goal and didn’t look great tonight. He was making slow decisions, and often not very smart ones. He isn’t physical but used his stick well. Needs to work on his speed still. He has a good shot though. I haven’t given up on him but he’s definitely still at least a year away. Defense was contrast to the game I saw last in January. In that game I thought Stanley was our best D and Schilling was our worst. Tonight the exact opposite.

The Berdin wall was incredible! He looked really good tonight. This is my first time seeing him live so I’m not about to crown him the next Dominek Hasek, but he was great tonight. Held us in it during the 1st when it took us a while to get rolling. He’s got incredible reflexes and is great at handling the puck. Reminded me of Brodeur a bit and is kind of like having a third defenseman back there. He cleared the puck himself on the penalty kill. However, he is still pretty raw. His rebound control is atrocious, and he has a very scrambly goalie style, which I’m not sure will translate well to the NHL. Regardless, he looked good and I would like him to be the Moose starter next year or at the very least 1A/1B with Comrie.

Well, hope that folks found that brief little recap interesting. Off to study for my psych exam!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Pretty happy for Vincent and the Moose. Big win in front of what seems like it might have been an actual crowd at home. Must have been an exciting game with the late goal. These guys have had a hell of a second half of the season.

Big props but they need to keep the pedal down.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Pretty happy for Vincent and the Moose. Big win in front of what seems like it might have been an actual crowd at home. Must have been an exciting game with the late goal. These guys have had a hell of a second half of the season.

Big props but they need to keep the pedal down.

Yes. Crowd was very good. Especially for a Wednesday night. If the Moose are competitive, I think they will continue to draw crowds.

Reactions: ps241

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

From the limited amount I have seen of him, I thought that he overcommits on his angles. Needs to fix that

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
From my viewings, Berdin is insanely atheletic but raw. Whatever you like about Hellebuyck or Brossoit’s styles of “big and boring” is nearly the exactly opposite of how Mikhail plays - he contorts his body however he can to make sure he can see the puck, and if he can see it he has a very good chance of reacting quick enough to make the save. He’s not afraid of coming out of the blue paint to cut down the angle as he recovers from his butterfly pretty quickly as well. His rebounds from his pads are pretty all over the place still somewhat, but his blockers or stick saves are nearly all intentional in where they’re deflected too. Kid has confidence handling the puck and is provably right.

Now obviously, in the next level of the NHL, they’re going to abuse the fact that Berdin is always trying to see and face the puck with quick lateral passes between the circles and intentional fly-by’s and bigger bodies in front of him, but if he can get to a point where he recognizes just how far he can come out of his crease or needs to sit back on the goal line a bit, he might develop pretty well. I’m super high on him because of his raw talent but he needs a lot of training still.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad