Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Just got back from the game. Berdin looks good - seems very focused and tracked the puck well. Sort of cat like in his motions.
Ryan White seems to play like Tanev and is more vocal; I wonder if he could replace him? Vesalainen had a few nice chances but otherwise didn’t stand out. Stanley seemed ok but probably a year or two away.

I am really hoping that Ryan White gets a 2 way contract next year. If we are looking for toughness/leadership and giving those minutes to Hendricks, I think Ryan White could offer the same value, with more toughness, and the luxury of not occupying a regular roster spot so that young players can also move up the pipeline.

Looking forward to catching a game on the homestand, which should be a good push to get the Moose into the dance. I think Berdin is above Comrie on the depth chart next year, and would not be surprised if Comrie is replaced by a veteran who is more NHL ready like Hutchinson or Calvin Pickard.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Let’s hope the bandwagon runs them all of them over on its way by

All aboard!

tenor.gif

:DD

Reactions: jgimp

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
Ryan White's NHL days are over. It would be insane to consider him for a spot on the Jets. I like him for the Moose and can see him playing there next year but his skating was barely NHL calibre when he was in the league. And the NHL game has gotten faster as he has gotten slower. There is no place for him.

Reactions: dabizz

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Such bs how dano gets 5 and a game for a clean hit in such crucial game.

Huge kill so far 20 seconds left in the power play to start the 2nd moose not generating much u can tell there tryna grind a close one

Berdin playing well but we have 4 shots ..

Reactions: snowkiddin

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Man the loser point isn't doing the Moose any favors this season. Milwaukee has 15 to Manitoba's 7. They'd be higher than Iowa without it and comfortably in 3rd place rather than scrapping for the last playoff spot.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Such bs how dano gets 5 and a game for a clean hit in such crucial game.

Huge kill so far 20 seconds left in the power play to start the 2nd moose not generating much u can tell there tryna grind a close one

Berdin playing well but we have 4 shots ..

Yeah, that was a terrible call.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Man the loser point isn't doing the Moose any favors this season. Milwaukee has 15 to Manitoba's 7. They'd be higher than Iowa without it and comfortably in 3rd place rather than scrapping for the last playoff spot.
Crazy lol

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Fun to watch, but yeah, that's gonna stop if he gets to the NHL.
One of my favorite things I've seen him do was having the other team dump the puck for what was clearly going to be an icing close to his net, so the whole other team kind of just stopped while anticipating the icing, and at the very last second he grabbed it and whipped it to a player at the other blue line for a breakaway.

I've also seen him purposefully lift the stick of a player in front of him about to get a one-timer. Kid thinks crazy fast. Hope they don't take too much out of his puck handling game.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Milwaukee wins, Tuscon comes back to tie with Iowa and they're going to OT. Very suddenly it seems like there's a 2nd playoff spot to fight for with Iowa losing 6 in a row before tonight and going to OT now.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
One of my favorite things I've seen him do was having the other team dump the puck for what was clearly going to be an icing close to his net, so the whole other team kind of just stopped while anticipating the icing, and at the very last second he grabbed it and whipped it to a player at the other blue line for a breakaway.

I've also seen him purposefully lift the stick of a player in front of him about to get a one-timer. Kid thinks crazy fast. Hope they don't take too much out of his puck handling game.

We need a video of that breakaway pass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad