Manitoba Moose 2018-19 Season - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If any one wants to catch a moose game on the 7th of April today is having a 60% off tickets use code FANS think it's today only

Grabbed 3 that wld normally be 35ish each after fees for 40 total.
Awesome, have to run out for a bit hopefully still available when I get home. Thanks!

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Awesome, have to run out for a bit hopefully still available when I get home. Thanks!
Np! Surprised no one posted this earlier shld be a packed house for last home game hopefully it's the game that puts them in the playoffs!

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Brandon's Ryan White pots two second period goals in a 2-1 win last night. Moose play again tonight. Need a win & a Texas loss to regain that playoff spot.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.43.29 PM.png

Reactions: Atoyot

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Those were some amazing saves by Berdin!
Some wrote him off after the Peniticton tournament. This kid has athletic ability like crazy, like I said before reminds me of a young Vasilevsky. Not saying he’ll turn out to be him but similar athleticism. He needs some work to play a bit quieter in the net but his raw skill is tough not to notice. And Ds will love his puck handling ability.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Some wrote him off after the Peniticton tournament. This kid has athletic ability like crazy, like I said before reminds me of a young Vasilevsky. Not saying he’ll turn out to be him but similar athleticism. He needs some work to play a bit quieter in the net but his raw skill is tough not to notice. And Ds will love his puck handling ability.
He was pure chaos in the Penticton tournament. Obviously, he's playing a more stable and disciplined game in the pros this season. He obviously has great athleticism and physical tools, but he'll need to have the discipline and consistency to be a good NHLer.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
huge OT coming up for the moose to keep pace on the play off hunt... 3 - 3 san antonio tied it with a minute left.. mini jets channeling their big club

Reactions: snowkiddin

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
huge OT coming up for the moose to keep pace on the play off hunt... 3 - 3 san antonio tied it with a minute left.. mini jets channeling their big club
Not keep pace, but stay ahead. They still have two games in hand on Texas and have a (very marginally) higher win%. They control their own destiny still.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Not keep pace, but stay ahead. They still have two games in hand on Texas and have a (very marginally) higher win%. They control their own destiny still.
but they face a tough condors team coming up so this xtra point wld be huge. its gonna be close hopefully the teams under us and texas shit the bed lol

Reactions: dabizz

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
but they face a tough condors team coming up so this xtra point wld be huge. its gonna be close hopefully the teams under us and texas **** the bed lol
Absolutely, games against Bakersfield are at home thankfully though, where we have something like 2 regulation losses in the last 20+ games. Then Stockton twice who are pretty low in the standings.

Like I said, we control our own destiny, that's to say if everyone wins out, we make it and they don't. They need us to shit the bed, not the other way around. Going to be tough though, it is crazy close. Also Texas having the ROW over us doesn't help.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Absolutely, games against Bakersfield are at home thankfully though, where we have something like 2 regulation losses in the last 20+ games. Then Stockton twice who are pretty low in the standings.

Like I said, we control our own destiny, that's to say if everyone wins out, we make it and they don't. They need us to **** the bed, not the other way around. Going to be tough though, it is crazy close. Also Texas having the ROW over us doesn't help.
i have tickets for the 3rd and 7th so hopefully those 2 are wins !

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
What's the ceiling for Verdin? His sample size is increasing and he continues to have an impressive Save % on a sub-par moose team .

dabizz

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
What's the ceiling for Verdin? His sample size is increasing and he continues to have an impressive Save % on a sub-par moose team .

That question is exactly what makes Berdin such an interesting prospect to me. Goalies are generally very tough to predict which makes the gap between their ceiling and floor larger than skaters. With Berdin I think that's even more exaggerated because he has really strong athleticism, solid stats, and can play the puck really well. His size might hurt him a bit but I still see his ceiling as being a high-end starting goalie. Floor is a career AHL level guy though so who knows.

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014

Superstar NHL goalie. Not saying that's what he'll definitely be but I would say the sky is the limit for a guy like him. I'm hoping he has the starter's job for the Moose next year so we can see if he has the consistency to play at a high level for a full season.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
That question is exactly what makes Berdin such an interesting prospect to me. Goalies are generally very tough to predict which makes the gap between their ceiling and floor larger than skaters. With Berdin I think that's even more exaggerated because he has really strong athleticism, solid stats, and can play the puck really well. His size might hurt him a bit but I still see his ceiling as being a high-end starting goalie. Floor is a career AHL level guy though so who knows.
Size might hurt him? He’s 6’3 and pretty darn big in the net. Plus he plays big which means he can challenge as he can rely on his great skating ability.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
berdin is a big athletic goalie who needs couple good years of starting in the ahl to polish things he will be better than comrie if i was a betting man. i doubt comrie sniffs it as a full time back up in the show where berdin might be a starter in 5 years

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, Poolman is out for the season with a UBI (shoulder? concussion?). Terrible news for Poolman, bad news for the Moose, and perhaps bad news for the Jets for the future. Poolman was having a terrific run with the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad