Managerial Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
On the bolded, not saying that you are wrong, but this is paraphrased quote from Klopp’s book. (Honigstein) basically After Moyes United tried to get Klopp, and Ed Woodward’s sales pitch focused on comparing Utd/Old Trafford to ‘an adult version of Disney Land’ and the corporate nature of it. Klopp was not impressed and went back to Dortmund. Rest is history.
It's just funny with how the last few weeks played out.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Rangnick coming to Spurs? I could live with that - in whatever capacity he comes in as. I would take him as a "DoF" and Flick as the coach :thumbu:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Benitez, Allegri and Rangnick are on Spurs list.
If this is true, then it shows Levy has absolutely no idea of how the team should perform on the pitch. Those 3 are very different in their approach.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If this is true, then it shows Levy has absolutely no idea of how the team should perform on the pitch. Those 3 are very different in their approach.
Not surprising from the guy who replaced Poch with Mourinho

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He doesn’t. He only wants the names that will give him the most Kudos from the papers. That’s what Tottenham does.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Having people on a list is hardly a problem. Why wouldn't you explore things? Not everyone are as omniscient as some of our posters on here.

And please show me the club that is consistently hiring managers in the same mold. Maybe Ajax. Not sure.

I think all three of them could do well at Spurs. But hopefully they go for someone more attacking minded than Allegri and Benitez. Could see Benitez fitting well with the current squad though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They should hire Allegri. He'd be a tremendous signing for them.
Allegri is the biggest name there, but after Mourinhoball I think you gotta sign Benitez considering the strengths of that team. Of course a lot of this rests on the fact of Kane staying because if he doesn't all you have in that system would be Son, Bergwijn, Lemela, Alli, Ndembele, and Moura going forward. Ooofffff.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, it can't last more than a month or two. They won't back him with funding. So, what's he going to do with a mediocre roster, and trying to buy scraps from mid table Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad