Management Thread - Read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Look at the clinic Doug Wilson is putting on this off-season. This is the level of GM I would want in VAN. This is management all can respect.

I’m so done with Benning. When will this owner finally clue in here? It’s well past time to move on. There’s no sense in allowing a lame duck to run the team.

Last edited:

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
For all of the posters that are unhappy with Benning, take solace in the fact that he’ll likely be gone at the end of next season if the Canucks miss the playoffs.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
For all of the posters that are unhappy with Benning, take solace in the fact that he’ll likely be gone at the end of next season if the Canucks miss the playoffs.
The Canucks could very realistically make the playoffs next season despite still being directionless and having had basically no positive movement from the GM. This would be a horrible reason to re-sign the general manager.

If you can identify that someone is bad at their job – and anyone with an ounce of critical thinking can – why would you leave it to fate? You make the change.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Look at the clinic Doug Wilson is putting on this off-season. This is the level of GM I would want in VAN. This is management all can respect.

I’m so done with Benning. When will this owner finally clue in here? It’s well past time to move on. There’s no sense in allowing a lame duck to run the team.
The Braun trade was a win for sure...but EK for $11.5MM? Thats more damaging then any of Bennings blunders

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Braun trade was a win for sure...but EK for $11.5MM? Thats more damaging then any of Bennings blunders

For a team that has essentially scorched the earth trying to stay relevant, it was a brilliant move. This move for elite talent buys them time. It buys them relevance even if Burns leaves.

Like I said, Wilson is operating at a different level.

Reactions: timw33

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Any player can show improvement. That doesn't mean that given opportunity at more ice (for a guy who's already developed) that more minutes will equate to more points. JB tried the same stuff with Vey, and Baer, and Sutter, and Guddy, and others. It didn't work out at all for us. I don't want to see JB lead us down the same road again.

Connolly need not improve in talent to be able to put up more points. He simply has to be afforded more opportunity to do so. Thus far, he's played 3rd line minutes with 3rd line talent. If he's stapled to a 1C/2C like Horvat and is given prime minutes, it stands to reason that he would put up more points as a result.

Is it a guarantee? No. It's a projection. Same player, better environment and circumstances should lead to greater production.

This is only not the case if you 100% believe that Connolly has nothing left to give no matter how his minutes are increased and who he is playing with. Do you believe this to be the case?

Reactions: Mr4legs and MS

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

In my opinion, that Karlsson contract will end up hurting San Jose more than helping them. I don’t think Wilson is putting on a clinic at all this off season.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
In my opinion, that Karlsson contract will end up hurting San Jose more than helping them. I don’t think Wilson is putting on a clinic at all this off season.

Any of FA D we are rumoured to be interested will be even more painful . He's putting a real good plan in motion.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

It'll be too late. So much damage has already been done. And this offseason has the potential for catastrophe with Benning at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad