Management Thread - Read OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
GMs have final say over who gets drafted, can't be overruled by anyone, and draft the players they eventually conclude will help the team and by extension their job security the most. Benning listened to his scouts and chose to draft Pettersson. You can argue all you want about the significance of this, but it's what happened.
The theory is that Linden overruled Benning.

I don't think it really matters at the end of the day, we have Pettersson and the staff in place picked him as a collective effort. They should get credit for him.

Benning should get credit for all his transactions good and bad.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
The theory is that Linden overruled Benning.

I don't think it really matters at the end of the day, we have Pettersson and the staff in place picked him as a collective effort. They should get credit for him.

Benning should get credit for all his transactions good and bad.

Yeah. I think it is to our detriment to fight on this hill. Give all the credit to Benning you want for Pettersson, it moves the needle 0%.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Well - personally I would be more inclined to believe Jyrki than JD Burke. Burke seems like a nice fellow, but I can’t recall him ever legitimately breaking a story. His claim to fame in my mind is the “Miller for the 9th overall” proposal which frankly sounds unbelievable.

I don’t know. The sources on this particular story seem like a bit of stretch - and both of those stories seem so significant, it would boggle my mind that McKenzie, Friedman or even our own local rumour sleuth Dhaliwal didn’t pick up on it.

TL;DR - plenty of valid, credible reasons to hate on the work Jim has done in Vancouver. My personal opinion is that this one is a bit thin.

And you're welcome to feel differently.

But when there was already enough circumstantial evidence that we were speculating this was likely to be the case, and then two independent sources confirm exactly what we were speculating based on the evidence ... to me that holds water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad