Malkin High Sticking Match Penalty (Suspended for One Game)

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I know he got punched and that on its own is dirty and suspendeble, that is no excuse for you to swing your stick like that.

This thread is full of penguin fans just making excuses for malkin because of the punch

Under no circumstances should you EVER Swing your stick like that.

No excuses.

I think you'd find most pens fans say Malkin deserve a suspension for that. That was not a good look at all. I'm just saying, You also can't let Raffl walk away from this unscathed. (which you agree with)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also it’s laughable if anyone thinks Raffls punch is suspendable.

As fans you have to own up as much as the players. That type of shit can end careers. The little jab to the back of the head wasn’t ending anything. Malkin should be suspended at least a game for that. Never use the stick as a weapon.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
It barely even looks like Malkin touched him with it. Nevertheless,

9de.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Also it’s laughable if anyone thinks Raffls punch is suspendable.

As fans you have to own up as much as the players. That type of **** can end careers. The little jab to the back of the head wasn’t ending anything. Malkin should be suspended at least a game for that. Never use the stick as a weapon.

Don’t think it is suspendable, but be honest. If Malkin cold clocked Giroux or Couts like that you’d be pissed.

Reactions: Tweed

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Don’t think it is suspendable, but be honest. If Malkin cold clocked Giroux or Couts like that you’d be pissed.
Nope. I’ve seen players on my team get jabbed before... not cold clocked. Two wrongs don’t make a right but when one heavily outweighs the other it’s not debatable.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

@TheAngryHank am i missing something? where's the punch? or did you just want post that goal for no reason. Hank we talked about this, you can't live in the past and post random Red wings videos from the 90s...

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Also, anybody calling for embellishment needs to see themselves out until their heads have cleared a little.

I don't know what it clips, but his stick pretty clearly hit something. At that point I don't think it should matter if Raffl tried to hug the ref and cry, it does nothing to excuse how out of line Malkin was. I think even if Malkin had whiffed entirely you can make some reasonable cases for everything up until the "staying down" part.

I'm trying to put myself in his position there, where what Malkin did was super not-okay and deserves to have attention called to it, but it's not like he got me enough to justifiably stay down for too long. Ideally (in a way) he got a little of it on the face, that'd pretty much explain his entire reaction, but let's say he didn't and it was all shoulder.

Is my two minutes for embellishing wrong to make sure that something this disrespectful is identified and dealt with properly? Does Malkin deserve, say, 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike instead just because I didn't get my nose caved in?

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Perfect example of Malkin’s weak mental game. All you have to do is play him physically to take him off his game, and he takes dumb penalties.

No need for that shit in the league, whether he connected or not.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville

Are we going to completely ignore the cross-check, hook, hold, and punch to the back of the head that Raffl all does to Malkin?

Not excusing Malkin’s actions, but Raffl isn’t innocent here. It also looks like Malkin just tries to push Raffl off and then let’s his stick keep swinging. I don’t know if his intent was to actually swing the stick or not.

You don’t think he actually intended to swing his stick or not? You must be one loyal Pens fan.

Yeah Raffl is a punk for throwing the punch, but don’t kid yourself. Malkin 100% intended to swing that stick. Instead of trying to use his stick as a weapon, maybe he should have went and punched Raffl back or squared up. Both of those would be far more respectable than swinging his stick at head height.

Reactions: philip and Oryxo

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

I have seen Malkin punch, cross-check, and slash at Capitals players plenty of times. Why would it make me mad to see my team's game plan going well?

Give him no room, make him angry, make him make mistakes and take penalties (this time it got him all the way out of the game, how about that). Sure there's a chance you're poking the bear instead and he's had some great games when motivated, but he's also had plenty where he looked frustrated all night and sat in the penalty box a bunch.

powerbomb

Apr 6, 2013
The argument that "the stick didn't connect" so there shouldn't be any supplemental discipline, I think, is weak. Malkin is a 32-year old man who's been playing hockey his entire life and wildly swung his stick at the head of another player. There's no instinct for that, it's not a normal hockey play, and you can't give a pass to that kind of behavior. When I saw it I thought it should be at least five games.

Sure, Raffl is a turd. I don't like watching soccer antics on the ice. But you absolutely can't have a player brandishing his stick as a weapon. Star player or not, he's gotta sit some games.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Doesn't look like he was aiming for the head (or aiming at all for that matter)... I would say the match penalty + a fine seems fitting. I didnt watch the game was the Philly guy penalized for Cross-checking/hooking/punching in the head?

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Very intelligent rebuttal. You can continue being a clown pretending Raffl is Bertuzzi 2.0 though in order to justify your star player being a POS.

and you continue being a clown hating on everything penguins without any objectivity, don't think i don't notice that. i don't really need to have any response for trolls like you. Atleast guys like Angryhank are intelligent even when they're trolling, you're just an embarrasment.

As a matter of fact, welcome to ignore list.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Malkin got crossed checked and punched to the back of the head but you can’t swing your stick like that. Damn.

You can end a career like that. If the tip of the stick blade catches a guys eye that’s all she wrote.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I have seen Malkin punch, cross-check, and slash at Capitals players plenty of times. Why would it make me mad to see my team's game plan going well?

Give him no room, make him angry, make him make mistakes and take penalties (this time it got him all the way out of the game, how about that). Sure there's a chance you're poking the bear instead and he's had some great games when motivated, but he's also had plenty where he looked frustrated all night and sat in the penalty box a bunch.

Pens win. As they have the majority of the time when they play the Caps when it matters :)

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Malkin responded stupidly, not defending that at all, but did Raffl get anything for punching Malkin in the back of the head first?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad