Malkin High Sticking Match Penalty (Suspended for One Game)

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Should be multiple games. He took a full ****ing swing at his head. Raffl is so damn lucky Malkin missed but the league should not just let that kind of behavior slide because there was no injury.

I mean, same thing can be said about punching a player in the back of the head.

Refs had no idea what was going on from that Murray phantom no goal to this.

Reactions: MacBradley

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Looked like a good hockey play to me. He was finishing his check and we need to just let the boys play.

(Nah that should be a few games on the shelf even if he did just graze him.)

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin has to know the situation and not retaliate there. Yes he got punched in the back of the head and that should have been called but no matter skate away and win the game. I hope the Pens head coach blast his ass in the presser. time to end this stupid lazy BS play. He demoted Kessel and Phil the thrill had some hustle tonight. Time to reward the guys who hustle play smart and don't put your team in a bad position.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Malkin is dumb as hell sometimes how he can't keep his cool. He's so easy to get off his game.

Having said all that, its too bad Pens don't have anyone that would've caved Raffl's face in. You can't let a garbage 3rd liner punch your top player in the back of the head like that. Pens are so f***ing soft..

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Dude just blindly whips his stick at head level. Could have hit anyone. There needs to be some kind of suspension to discourage shit like that. Not exactly outside the norm for Malkin.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Are we going to completely ignore the cross-check, hook, hold, and punch to the back of the head that Raffl all does to Malkin?

Not excusing Malkin’s actions, but Raffl isn’t innocent here. It also looks like Malkin just tries to push Raffl off and then let’s his stick keep swinging. I don’t know if his intent was to actually swing the stick or not.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Malkin is dumb as hell sometimes how he can't keep his cool. He's so easy to get off his game.

Having said all that, its too bad Pens don't have anyone that would've caved Raffl's face in. You can't let a garbage 3rd liner punch your top player in the back of the head like that. Pens are so ****ing soft..
Both teams are anymore in regards to putting the hammer down and playing with any honor so you get back of the head punches followed by stick swinging. What a mess.

Reactions: Fatty McLardy

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007

Are we going to completely ignore the cross-check, hook, hold, and punch to the back of the head that Raffl all does to Malkin?

Not excusing Malkin’s actions, but Raffl isn’t innocent here. It also looks like Malkin just tries to push Raffl off and then let’s his stick keep swinging. I don’t know if his intent was to actually swing the stick or not.

Not a single person is ignoring that. But it has absolutely nothing to do with the play. So if a person punches you in the back of the head you are allowed to take a baseball bat swing to their head. I guess the Brashear suspension was too rough then.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

Heat of the moment and frustration will do that to you. I bet you he regretted doing it seconds later.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Not a single person is ignoring that. But it has absolutely nothing to do with the play. So if a person punches you in the back of the head you are allowed to take a baseball bat swing to their head. I guess the Brashear suspension was too rough then.

I think you have to give Malkin few games but also give Raffl a fine, you can't let players punch other players (Top player at that) and get away with it without paying for it.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Should be multiple games. Doesn’t matter if it connects or not, you cannot have a player swing his stick like it’s a weapon toward the head of a player.
Should be but this is the NHL and Malkin was lucky as heck for missing and so he'll probably get a fine. I think the intent is bad enough for a suspension of some sort.

Reactions: Oryxo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad