Malkin High Sticking Match Penalty (Suspended for One Game)

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Actually. It looks like an accident.

From another angle it looks like malkin thought Raffl was still wrapping him up and Malkin went to shrug him off.

No suspension.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
and you continue being a clown hating on everything penguins without any objectivity, don't think i don't notice that. i don't really need to have any response for trolls like you. Atleast guys like Angryhank are intelligent even when they're trolling, you're just an embarrasment.

Having a meltdown over me pointing out what Malkin did was dirty move lol

You are a complete embarrassment to hockey fans everywhere if you honestly think players dont throw punches to other players through the course of a game. Get the goggles off what Raffl did is nothing different than what you see in a run in the mill post whistle scrum.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin isn't sitting any games. No injury and he IMHO embellished the contact which was hard to detect. Punk move but Malkin has to be smarter in that situation.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The argument that "the stick didn't connect" so there shouldn't be any supplemental discipline, I think, is weak. Malkin is a 32-year old man who's been playing hockey his entire life and wildly swung his stick at the head of another player. There's no instinct for that, it's not a normal hockey play, and you can't give a pass to that kind of behavior. When I saw it I thought it should be at least five games.

Sure, Raffl is a turd. I don't like watching soccer antics on the ice. But you absolutely can't have a player brandishing his stick as a weapon. Star player or not, he's gotta sit some games.

Are people really making that argument?

Most people who say that are saying it in the context they think the NHL DoPS will screw this up, not that it doesn't deserve a suspension.

EDIT: I mean, you'll always have one or two idiots making stupid takes, but no need to destroy that.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Certainly can't do that. I don't pay attention to suspensions enough to say whether or not that should warrant it based on comparable plays.

In related news, punching people shouldn't be as "legal" as it's become these days either. Things like this and worse are what eventually happens because of it.

Reactions: Tweed

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
You don’t think he actually intended to swing his stick or not? You must be one loyal Pens fan.

Yeah Raffl is a punk for throwing the punch, but don’t kid yourself. Malkin 100% intended to swing that stick. Instead of trying to use his stick as a weapon, maybe he should have went and punched Raffl back or squared up. Both of those would be far more respectable than swinging his stick at head height.

I’m glad you were reading Malkin’s mind while this happened.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Malkin was reckless with his stick after Raffl intended to injure with that bush league rabbit punch. Rabbit punches can cause all kinds of career ending damage and life changes.

Neither should occur, but one started the sequence, and was not penalized. Interesting.

Reactions: Tweed

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
only seen the videos on here. Raffl could have gotten 2 min minor but they let that kind of stuff go all the time. Malkin clearly was swinging at him, maybe not to hit his head but was definitely swinging at him. Be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I’m glad you were reading Malkin’s mind while this happened.

Well it’s easy to see the intention when I’m not viewing through rose colored glasses.

Watch another angle and you’ll notice he had his other hand on his stick up until the moment he decided to swing his stick like that. I’m not sure what else you need to see on top of the incident itself to realize he did it on purpose.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Actually. It looks like an accident.

From another angle it looks like malkin thought Raffl was still wrapping him up and Malkin went to shrug him off.

No suspension.

It doesn't matter. You have to be smarter and in control of your hockey stick and Malkin wasn't.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I know he got punched and that on its own is dirty and suspendeble, that is no excuse for you to swing your stick like that.

This thread is full of penguin fans just making excuses for malkin because of the punch

Under no circumstances should you EVER Swing your stick like that.

No excuses.
In what f***ing league is that punch suspendable? They aren't 12 year old kids and he didn't knock him out. Holy f***ing balls

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad