Confirmed with Link: Malcolm Was Cheering for Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
It's absolutely insane to say you're cheering against them, even if you feel that way.

Well he didn't say that, so I guess Malcom is sane.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Malcolm Subban on #Bruins #Habs playoff series: "I was cheering for PK. Obviously, he's my brother and I want him to do well."

What am I missing? It's possible it was taken out of context and he said he was cheering for the Bruins organization first and foremost but also likes to see his brother do well.

Congrats on the copy/paste. The only one taking it out of context is you.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He didn't say he was cheering against the organization that drafted him, he said he was cheering for PK. Good grief.

I've literally been saying it may have been taken out of context to make it seem anti-Boston the whole time. Good grief is right.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
we need to trade Subban now before he gets a Montreal tattoo (that is visible)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No, you stated this.

And how does that go against what I was saying?

"Malcolm Subban on #Bruins #Habs playoff series:" leads one to believe that the answer was in response to something like "Who were you rooting for in the Bruins/Habs series?". It automatically paints Boston in a negative light as he'd be going against his team. However, the question may have been something like "What did you think of your brother's performance in the playoffs?" in which his response would've been completely fine from a PR perspective.

If he straight up got asked who he was cheering for and said he was cheering for someone else over his employer, it's a stupid response from a PR perspective regardless of the way he feels.

Bps21*

Kevyn Adams, who grew up in a buffalo suburb, said his father rooted against him when they played the sabres in the playoffs.

That's hardcore.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
And how does that go against what I was saying?

"Malcolm Subban on #Bruins #Habs playoff series:" leads one to believe that the answer was in response to something like "Who were you rooting for in the Bruins/Habs series?". It automatically paints Boston in a negative light as he'd be going against his team. However, the question may have been something like "What did you think of your brother's performance in the playoffs?" in which his response would've been completely fine from a PR perspective.

If he straight up got asked who he was cheering for and said he was cheering for someone else over his employer, it's a stupid response from a PR perspective regardless of the way he feels.

So you admit you are reading into it, and making assumptions.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So you admit you are reading into it, and making assumptions.

Who isn't reading into it? What question was actually asked and/or if he expanded on his response is all we really need to know.

I tried to be objective by saying that I didn't know the context (no one here knows the context), and then made an assumption that he probably made the comment not to paint Boston in a negative light, but was asked a leading question about PK. I then said it would be stupid to outright go against his organization if he was indeed asked straight-up if he was cheering for Montreal/PK over Boston (which I don't expect to be the case).

You inferred way more from my response than I did from Malcolm's response.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Who isn't reading into it? What question was actually asked and/or if he expanded on his response is all we really need to know.

I tried to be objective by saying that I didn't know the context (no one here knows the context), and then made an assumption that he probably made the comment not to paint Boston in a negative light, but was asked a leading question about PK. I then said it would be stupid to outright go against his organization if he was indeed asked straight-up if he was cheering for Montreal/PK over Boston (which I don't expect to be the case).

You inferred way more from my response than I did from Malcolm's response.

Pretty much everyone but you in here.

Either way I will just take this as a yes to my question.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Red Sox just solved this and have traded Malcolm Subban

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I enjoy the complete lack of context or clarification in the article. Some stellar reporting posting a sentence fragment as some sort of inflammatory quote. The kid probably specifically mentioned PK to make it clear he supports his brother but wasn't cheering for the team.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Looks to me like he was rooting for his brother, as would I..

THIS..

.. he wasn't cheering AGAINST the Bruins, but FOR his brother.

Kind of a really negative way to view it IMHO.

Now if he tweeted every round with **** the Bruins and GO whomever; That would be a different story.

member 96824

I miss the days where the TMZ reports were about Giroux grabbing butts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad