Confirmed with Link: Malcolm Was Cheering for Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PricePkPatch*

Some assume Subban will be used as a nice trade piece instead since Rask is in his prime and signed long term here. Unless something major changes with Rask it's unlikely Subban would get a chance to be a starting goaltender here anytime soon.

Thanks for the reply.

So you are still 100% satisfied with Rask? No question mark due to the playoffs, or worries that Subban might upstage him?

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Thanks for the reply. So you are still 100% satisfied with Rask? No question mark due to the playoffs, or worries that Subban might upstage him?

Subban has more than lived up to expectations in AHL and took over as de facto starter mid-point of last season. Rask has not shown the ability to outduel Price, and Subban will not be traded for that insurance reason alone.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I will choose my family over who writes my paycheck 10 out of 7 days a week.

I love my employer....but the name on the paycheck is absolutely behind the family

this isn't about wishing someone dead... or taking the last bite of food out of their mouth

winning in the nhl playoffs is the purpose why you get to be a hockey player. theres really no other reason that you are entitled to make millions of dollars. the fans support you because they want a winner. the team hires you because they think you can help them win. ultimately without winning, fan support dies and the team ends up moving or going out of business

now if you are lucky enough to have a family member also playing in the league than you should obviously wish him to stay healthy... to make money and support his family... to be as successful as he can be... BUT NEVER EVER EVER to beat your team in the playoffs

sorry brian but the only people that would ever do this are LOSERS and shouldn't be on any team I cheer for. I want players willing to go to war to win on my team. Riley smith did it right this year. Phil espostito did right for us back in the day against tony. Those sutter brothers always did it right and I would have welcomed the whole works of them onto my team anyday...

Malcolm subban made a mistake here and I just hope for his sake he can someone overcome the fallout

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I have zero issue with him wanting his brother to win against a team he himself has never played a game for. Yes he has played for the P Bruins but its not the same thing.

Your Brother is your Brother. I would actually have been disappointed in him if he didn't cheer on his family.

member 96824

this isn't about wishing someone dead... or taking the last bite of food out of their mouth

winning in the nhl playoffs is the purpose why you get to be a hockey player. theres really no other reason that you are entitled to make millions of dollars. the fans support you because they want a winner. the team hires you because they think you can help them win. ultimately without winning, fan support dies and the team ends up moving or going out of business

now if you are lucky enough to have a family member also playing in the league than you should obviously wish him to stay healthy... to make money and support his family... to be as successful as he can be... BUT NEVER EVER EVER to beat your team in the playoffs

sorry brian but the only people that would ever do this are LOSERS and shouldn't be on any team I cheer for. I want players willing to go to war to win on my team. Riley smith did it right this year. Phil espostito did right for us back in the day against tony. Those sutter brothers always did it right and I would have welcomed the whole works of them onto my team anyday...

Malcolm subban made a mistake here and I just hope for his sake he can someone overcome the fallout

The Providence Bruins are Malcolm's team.

He hasn't even seen a second of time as a Boston Bruin.

My name isn't Brian, and plenty of winners root for their family. He's not a loser for understanding family over game.

Like I said, the Bruins could literally trade him tonight. The team you play for is business, the family you have is family.

Obviously, I don't really care what you think nor will I change your opinion on this....although, I think the more you go, the more of a hole you dig...but that's neither here nor there. My only ask if you refrain from slinging mud over such a harmless comment where he literally said "I was rooting for my brother to do well." If you ask me, there's only one loser in this entire conversation.

You haven't even seen how Malcolm would perform against PK. After he was drafted, he sounded very very ready for the challenged and looked forward to beating him.

If there ever comes a day where I'm asked to put Morgan Stanley over my family, that will be the day my resignation is handed in. Immediately. Unrealistic for myself as a fan to expect any different. These aren't monkeys dancing for you.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thanks for the reply.

So you are still 100% satisfied with Rask? No question mark due to the playoffs, or worries that Subban might upstage him?

Personally, I am quite satisfied with Rask. He didn't play great against Montreal but neither did the rest of the team. He doesn't stand out as the problem there to me at all. I think he will improve against them.
As far as his playoff performances he's had some great series and taken this team to the finals once already, I have no reason to think he won't do it again if the team in front of him has their s*** together as well. His numbers have been consistently good since he's been here and I think it would take a significant change in Rask for Subban to take over.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

Except, you know, he didn't say that.

Here's the quote:

Malcolm Subban on #Bruins #Habs playoff series: "I was cheering for PK. Obviously, he's my brother and I want him to do well."

He did NOT say, "I was rooting for the Canadiens."

He did NOT say, "I wanted the Canadiens to win."

He did NOT even say, "I wanted PK to win."

He said, again, "I was cheering for PK. Obviously he's my brother and I want him to do well."

Anything else you may see or interpret from his comment is something you put there yourself.

David Krejci*

Anyone who gets even remotely upset about this, just jump in a lake.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Blood is thicker than water. I'll root for my brother anyday over a team I haven't played for or eventually will. Anybody that's upset about this is just plain stupid.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
This is certainly not worth getting upset over...but it is a stupid thing to say. You should pretend that you are rooting for the team that currently pays your salary even if they are playing against a member of your family.
It's business.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
This is certainly not worth getting upset over...but it is a stupid thing to say. You should pretend that you are rooting for the team that currently pays your salary even if they are playing against a member of your family.
It's business.

Nail on the head - almost exactly what I was going to say.

Of COURSE Malcom's going to want PK to have success. That goes without saying. And you'd expect that Malcom's not going to be as heartbroken if the Boston loses against the Canadiens - compared to Boston losing against another team. And, I have no dobut that if Svedberg and Rask came down with Nordic Flu, Subban would play his damnedest against any team, including the Canadiens.

But clearly there's some media training that needs to be taken care of. Yes, it's optics. The same optics I complain about as I watch Behind the B (aka "Let's all go to Florida and hop in JJ's pool"). But rooting against "your team" - and remember, Malcom's contract is two way, so yes, he does play for Boston - isn't cool even in appearance.

If asked during the playoffs, you say "I really hope Boston wins - I really do. I wish the best for my brother in his career, and I'm happy for him when he wins. But for these playoff games, I want -my- team to win. And I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing about me." End of story.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
?Q

Write it down!

Perfect clip Artemis: I guess this is the "modern pc" way that the fantasy crew like to think that it should
work but life isn't that way usually. My brother was and is a PIA but, I root for him no matter what the rivalry except if/when I'm on the ice against him. Phil Esposito always said that he roots for his brother during their years together in the NHL but whenever they were on the ice they were rivals. Malcolm hasn't played a moment for the Bruins or anyone in the league yet, how can he feel or talk bs about his brother?!?

Nail on the head - almost exactly what I was going to say.

Of COURSE Malcom's going to want PK to have success. That goes without saying. And you'd expect that Malcom's not going to be as heartbroken if the Boston loses against the Canadiens - compared to Boston losing against another team. And, I have no dobut that if Svedberg and Rask came down with Nordic Flu, Subban would play his damnedest against any team, including the Canadiens.

But clearly there's some media training that needs to be taken care of. Yes, it's optics. The same optics I complain about as I watch Behind the B (aka "Let's all go to Florida and hop in JJ's pool"). But rooting against "your team" - and remember, Malcom's contract is two way, so yes, he does play for Boston - isn't cool even in appearance.

If asked during the playoffs, you say "I really hope Boston wins - I really do. I wish the best for my brother in his career, and I'm happy for him when he wins. But for these playoff games, I want -my- team to win. And I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing about me." End of story.

If you or anyone here or anywhere thinks that Peter Chiarelli cares or gives two s***s about this you're deranged.:shakehead

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
Perfect clip Artemis: I guess this is the "modern pc" way that the fantasy crew like to think that it should
work but life isn't that way usually. My brother was and is a PIA but, I root for him no matter what the rivalry except if/when I'm on the ice against him. Phil Esposito always said that he roots for his brother during their years together in the NHL but whenever they were on the ice they were rivals. Malcolm hasn't played a moment for the Bruins or anyone in the league yet, how can he feel or talk bs about his brother?!?

If you or anyone here or anywhere thinks that Peter Chiarelli cares or gives two s***s about this you're deranged.:shakehead

Deranged? I would have said wrong.....humping roadkill is deranged....I would not be surprised if Mr. Subban has a brief chat with PC.
As a professional one does tend to have certain responsibilities. I can't wear the logos of other competing corporations at work...even if my daddy was the owner of said corporation.
You tow the line and say/do whatever you want on your own time. To me, this is no different.
Again...not a big deal, but still not something a professional should say.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not *fully* there yet. 2nd point being two years down the road, minimum. At that point, all bets are off.

Also, I got no problem with Malcolm. Glad he's in the system.

**** the habs Malcolm. Learn it, live it . . . run over some little french guys.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Deranged? I would have said wrong.....humping roadkill is deranged....I would not be surprised if Mr. Subban has a brief chat with PC.
As a professional one does tend to have certain responsibilities. I can't wear the logos of other competing corporations at work...even if my daddy was the owner of said corporation.
You tow the line and say/do whatever you want on your own time. To me, this is no different.
Again...not a big deal, but still not something a professional should say.

"I'm... just... here... to... help... the... ballclub..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->