Confirmed with Link: Malcolm Was Cheering for Montreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm assuming that was somehow taken out of context because that's a really stupid comment to make.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I'm assuming that was somehow taken out of context because that's a really stupid comment to make.

How is it stupid? He said he was cheering for PK. It's not like he was Tuukka's backup during the series. It's uncontroversial in my book.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I cant support this... nhl is full of family acts and of course when they don't have a personal invested interest its ok to wish the family well. its actually sick not too

but when its your employers who are paying your paycheck... your brothers in arm that you will be going to war with... your fan base that ultimately will be making you into a millionair than you just cant possibly cheer for the other side even if the pope himself was lacing up the skates for them

sorry Malcolm but this is a huge worry sign for me... your brother already has established himself as a rebel that breaks nhl culture and custom. it might have been impossible for you to be accepted into the bruin scheme of things even before this little story. you sure as hell didn't make it any easier for yourself with this though.

stupid stupid stupid

its too bad because I happen to be a fan of the subban boys. I like some color and personality in the nhl. but these guys have to be smarter with their revolutionary behavior. they could do so much good if they only pick their spots a little bit better.

cheering against your team is never going to be accepted by the status quo majority... nor should it be.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
It was thought Iginla was about to cheer for Boston a year ago, but instead he ended up cheering for Pittsburgh, and then he cheered for Boston for a while this year, but then it turned out he will be cheering for Colorado next year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
How is it stupid? He said he was cheering for PK. It's not like he was Tuukka's backup during the series. It's uncontroversial in my book.

the time honored correct answer to this type of question has always been... I cheer him to personally do well, but of course I cheer our team to win.

its always possible for an individual to distinguish themselves with personal glory even when his team doesn't win the series. many many people have answered this question in the past. this is why Malcolm can be accused of being 'stupid' with this mistake he made. the spotlight is going to be on Malcolm 10 times what it would be on any other kid goalie of his experience who has any other last name besides subban.

it might not be fair... but it is the way it is. I believe this kid is going to be a very good goalie and it bothers me to see the road being paved for his exit of town. a comment like this just makes everything so much more difficult and it just wasn't necessary in the slightest. everyone already knows that blood should have well wishes for blood. what the question really was intended to do was to test the kid if he can say the right thing and show the proper commitment expected to his team over his family or if he is going to be a rebel too. on this test, Malcolm has failed and I am sad for it

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

He's a member of the Bruins organization. It's absolutely insane to say you're cheering against them, even if you feel that way. That's why I'd expect it was taken out of context (ie. I always like to see my brother do well, but I wanted the Bruins to win).

member 96824

I cant support this... nhl is full of family acts and of course when they don't have a personal invested interest its ok to wish the family well. its actually sick not too

but when its your employers who are paying your paycheck... your brothers in arm that you will be going to war with... your fan base that ultimately will be making you into a millionair than you just cant possibly cheer for the other side even if the pope himself was lacing up the skates for them

sorry Malcolm but this is a huge worry sign for me... your brother already has established himself as a rebel that breaks nhl culture and custom. it might have been impossible for you to be accepted into the bruin scheme of things even before this little story. you sure as hell didn't make it any easier for yourself with this though.

stupid stupid stupid

its too bad because I happen to be a fan of the subban boys. I like some color and personality in the nhl. but these guys have to be smarter with their revolutionary behavior. they could do so much good if they only pick their spots a little bit better.

cheering against your team is never going to be accepted by the status quo majority... nor should it be.

I will choose my family over who writes my paycheck 10 out of 7 days a week.

I love my employer....but the name on the paycheck is absolutely behind the family

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
If I was Malcolm, I would have said...

"I was hoping that the Bs would win so I could rub it in my bro's face all summer long!"

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He's a member of the Bruins organization. It's absolutely insane to say you're cheering against them, even if you feel that way. That's why I'd expect it was taken out of context (ie. I always like to see my brother do well, but I wanted the Bruins to win).

Obviously you didn't even take the link to see what was tweeted by him.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Cheering for your brother =/= cheering against the organization that drafted you.

"stupid stupid stupid" is just an uptight overreaction. I understand it's the summer and there's not much to discuss, but this is really not even a story.

"I was cheering for PK. Obviously, he's my brother and I want him to do well."

If there are more quotes to the effect of "I was cheering for MTL" or "I was rooting against Boston" then maybe I'll buy the feigned outrage.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

He didn't say he was cheering against the organization that drafted him, he said he was cheering for PK. Good grief.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Obviously you didn't even take the link to see what was tweeted by him.

Malcolm Subban on #Bruins #Habs playoff series: "I was cheering for PK. Obviously, he's my brother and I want him to do well."

What am I missing? It's possible it was taken out of context and he said he was cheering for the Bruins organization first and foremost but also likes to see his brother do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad