Value of: Make Your Proposal for Sean Monahan

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
Too many untouchables for a 1B / 2A Center entering his prime and on a good contract for 3 more years.

Flames don’t want crap overpaid players or 2B/3A players and magical 3rd round picks.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
You're such a fan boy that you'd probably say you wouldn't trade Suzuki straight up for Monahan.
I would not.
Rather take the gamble of a controlled AAV younger player during the cap crunch. Also I am pretty confident Suzuki can be a 60 point centre and if lucky better.
So...
Nope.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Flames don't really need Landeskog. They already have a much better version in Chuckie.

I would trade Moahanan straight up for Kadri though. Kadri is a gamer. Imagine Kadri and Chuckie on the same line.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think Calgary would be open to moving Sean for a high end RW as well. With Treliving’s comments about Lindy as centre; have to think there may be something in the cooker to give the core a shakeup.

There just isn’t enough ice time to go around down the middle for Calgary if they are dedicated to moving Lindholm to centre full time, not when Backlund is elite at what he does; and Bennett showed to have another gear centring his own line.

I said this on the Flames board, there’s something we don’t see happening here; because the moves they’ve been making the past couple weeks are great but also the forward group is busting at the seams when it comes to legitimate NHLers.

Ledge And Dairy

Flames don't really need Landeskog. They already have a much better version in Chuckie.

I would trade Moahanan straight up for Kadri though. Kadri is a gamer. Imagine Kadri and Chuckie on the same line.
LMAO what? Kadri is a time bomb. Monahan is a much better player and isn't going to throw an entire game (hell even series) for you just because he can't control his mental. He's like Zach Kassian but actually decent at hockey. I would have happily taken him as a 2C last year in the nixed Brodie trade but no way in hell would I ever consider moving Monahan for him.

Reactions: Nanuuk

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
No, it's just posters who don't have a clue on a player who is playing just fine as a 1C. Is he a top 15C in the NHL? No, but he gets the job done while the Flames don't have a 1C replacement.
Which screams out. Don’t trade him.

Or do trade him and expect about 70 cents on the dollar. Hence probably not a good idea to explore trades for this player and have hissy fits when you find out he’s not particularly valued by other teams at the moment.

if he’s valuable to the Flames. Keep him.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
LMAO what? Kadri is a time bomb. Monahan is a much better player and isn't going to throw an entire game (hell even series) for you just because he can't control his mental. He's like Zach Kassian but actually decent at hockey. I would have happily taken him as a 2C last year in the nixed Brodie trade but no way in hell would I ever consider moving Monahan for him.
For a much better player, Monahan sure has an odd tendency to disappear in playoff games. Those games and moments matter to some fans and GMs.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Monahan has been in 4 play-off series. In two of them he played injured and required off season surgery/rehab.

In 2014-15, he played in 11 games and had 6 points.
In 2016-17, he played in 4 games and had 5 points.
In 2018-19, he played in 5 games and had 2 points.
In 2019-20, he played in 10 games and had 8 points.

I wouldn't say he disappears in the play-offs. It is a team game.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
That’s not a bad offer. I’m probably in the minority but I’d do that in a heartbeat. Danault is about equal to Monahan at this point, Byron would be amazing in our bottom 6 and flip Tatar to the highest bidder. I’m all for it.
I think Danault is a very underrated player but this is going too far. Monahan is one season removed from PPG and is a steady 70 point C imo.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I would not.
Rather take the gamble of a controlled AAV younger player during the cap crunch. Also I am pretty confident Suzuki can be a 60 point centre and if lucky better.
So...
Nope.
Well.... You're doing it based off cap so I can respect that. My gripe would be with claiming Suzuki is a better player. Monahan is becoming one of the most underrated players in the league.

Reactions: Holystik and Nanuuk

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Last time this happened was in 2005(?) when the Sharks got Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and Marco Strum. Before that, was it the Gretzky to L.A. trade? Trading for a 1c is incredibly rare.
Vegas traded theirs last month for a 3rd and a guy Winnipeg got off the waiver wire.

You don't need to be a HOF nominee to be considered a 1C, just one of the top 31 players at that position.

Domi, and Kadri come to mind. RyJo, O'Reilly -twice, Stastny has been with 5 teams now if you count Winnipeg twice. People trade centers. Even legit ones.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Flames Sharks Blockbuster

armchairgm-png.375025

This benefits both teams in my opinion.

Reactions: Groo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad