Value of: Make Your Proposal for Sean Monahan

Ledge And Dairy

What? Why? Trading Monahan and not packaging on other assets to upgrade to a better 1C is stupid. The team doesn't have any replacements for him and they just spent a lot in FA to signify they aren't planning on rebuilding either. There is no legitimate return out there for him since no one is going to offer a better 1C and he can't be replaced internally. Every single offer here is going to be horrible.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'll trade you Monahan for Danault, Byron and Tatar.

It's a bad offer but gotta get the bidding started somewhere.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Oof 2 rentals and a cap dump. Flames don't have the cap space for that either. Maybe if you take on Looch we'll take Byron back

I'd do it if you throw on Andersson. I'd have to add Caufield to make it fair but you'd also want Armia too which I'd counter with you throwing in Kylington if we add Juulsen and I'd want you to add...

Nah, I think you took my initial joke post too seriously, I get not trading him for scraps.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
What? Why? Trading Monahan and not packaging on other assets to upgrade to a better 1C is stupid. The team doesn't have any replacements for him and they just spent a lot in FA to signify they aren't planning on rebuilding either. There is no legitimate return out there for him since no one is going to offer a better 1C and he can't be replaced internally. Every single offer here is going to be horrible.

Monahan is not a number 1 center. That's the first problem here.

Ledge And Dairy

I'd do it if you throw on Andersson. I'd have to add Caufield to make it fair but you'd also want Armia too which I'd counter with you throwing in Kylington if we add Juulsen and I'd want you to add...

Nah, I think you took my initial joke post too seriously, I get not trading him for scraps.
I know it was a joke, this post was also amusing. As I said at the very beginning there just isnt a realistic trade involving Monahan and especially after commiting to Markstrom.

Ledge And Dairy

Monahan is not a number 1 center. That's the first problem here.
He's no less a #1 center than Wild Bill or Duchene. And Vegas are considered cup favorites. There's not a single team in the league offering an upgrade on Monahan. If you want a better 1C you have to deaft them or grab them in free agency. Getzlaf is the only 1C actually hitting free agency any yime soon and hes 35. 2 years from now they can let Gaudreau walk to test their luck with Zibanejad, Couturier, or Barkov. But none seem likely

Reactions: Nanuuk

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I'll trade you Monahan for Danault, Byron and Tatar.

It's a bad offer but gotta get the bidding started somewhere.
That’s not a bad offer. I’m probably in the minority but I’d do that in a heartbeat. Danault is about equal to Monahan at this point, Byron would be amazing in our bottom 6 and flip Tatar to the highest bidder. I’m all for it.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
That’s not a bad offer. I’m probably in the minority but I’d do that in a heartbeat. Danault is about equal to Monahan at this point, Byron would be amazing in our bottom 6 and flip Tatar to the highest bidder. I’m all for it.

Two of those are on expiring contacts eh? Signed maybe it's workable, currently it rips Calgary off

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Lol... basically trading Monahan for 1 yr rental of danault and tartar

Byron is a 1M guy making 3.4M for 3 more yrs. He has negative value.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
I wonder if the Knights and the Flames would make good trading partners. Sounds crazy because they’re in division. But Vegas just lost an important center and personally I’ve always liked Alex Tuch. Fast, right shot, still a bit raw, but there’s some potential there.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

Two of those are on expiring contacts eh? Signed maybe it's workable, currently it rips Calgary off

Calgary can talk extension talks with those players perhaps?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad