Value of: Make a Trade with Colorado

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
I believe that Hudon/Deslauriers would have been an improvement but maybe I am wrong.... Honestly I believe Armia or Lekhonen could help you but I do not see the Habs trading them outside of a larger deal for a key player or a high pick.

Second thing, I definitely believe Colorado need top 6 forwards but Panarin wants a big City, Skinner wants to stay East apparetnly, not sure who do you get ? Duchene ?

The Habs could trade Drouin or Tatar which would be a huge improvement on Colorado's second line, but I am not sure who you would trade anything which would convince them to let these players go, right ?

I think Colorado will have a really hard time on the trade market because it does not have much to trade in terms of players, right ? The first forward line is splendid + Johnson, Barrie, Girard, Makar which make a solid defense but Colorado would not trade any of them.

Maybe a rebuilding team like Detroit would have interest in trading Mantha for some picks. Else Colorado's cap space may push them to make a bid for Marner, Duchene...

an improvement on who exactly?

If colorado isnt able to tempt bread or skinner we arent going to just grab low end players just because.

I believe colorado has a really good shot at both of teh above and they will shoot their shot to get them in town. if it doesnt work then so be it, but getting tweeners solves nothing.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
In honor of the last thread

Edmonton 8th OA + Benning to TML for Kadri + Kapanen

Edmonton gets piece that help now .
TML get help with their cap problem while adding a nice piece for the future

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
an improvement on who exactly?

If colorado isnt able to tempt bread or skinner we arent going to just grab low end players just because.

I believe colorado has a really good shot at both of teh above and they will shoot their shot to get them in town. if it doesnt work then so be it, but getting tweeners solves nothing.

That is a fair point and honestly I like Colorado so I would like you to get some of these players I just do not see it happening ! Crossing the fingers ;)

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Yeah, a 1C for a stud D prospect is just nuts.

I like Trocheck a lot, but he's not a true number 1 C. I know in 17/18 he had 75pts which would put him in #1 range, but he has averaged 50-55 pts throughout his career including this season (on pace for 51pts). Until Trocheck starts regularly puts up top line C numbers I think his value is that of a very good #2 C with a good contract.

Reactions: Viqsi

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Vesey (He doesn't qualify as secondary most nights, so tertiary scoring) for a couple of picks. Say a 4th and your 7th next year, because the Rangers want them all.

Reactions: Meeqs

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Not sure what your needs are to help both teams. However Chris Kreider, Jimmy Vesey, Vladislav Namestnikov, Neal Pionk, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal, and Ryan Strome should all be available. Kreider only if Artemi Panarin is available for the rangers or his extension price is too high.

Staal and Smith are negative assest and might cost too much to get them out of new york so i will ignore them for now.

Neal Pionk is a very solid bottom pair guy who can heat up for a few weeks at a time and be an above average middle pair guy. However the rangers defense coach decided when he is hot he should play top pair minutes and when he is off he should play even more top pair minutes to get him going again. Because of that rangers fans are very sour on him but he is a young cost friendly bottom pair guy on all 31 teams so dont let the reactionary haters say otherwise.

Vesey is a solid third line guy. Can PK. Not lost on the PP. Goes to the net but doesnt have the best finishing ability.

Namestnikov drives me nuts. Can PK, PP, and kill in all three zones at even strength. Can also get lost and disappear for long stretches. He is the type of player that can make you look brilliant in a trade and sign. If you get him for a 2nd and he stays on and finds chemistry with your 1st or 2nd line he is good for 60 points and you got him for almost nothing. However those are lots of ifs so he is a gamble.

Strome sucked for everyone but the rangers so far. He has looked amazing on the rangers. So he might finally be putting it together or he might of just had an extended hot streak after a trade. He wont be expensive to get either.

These are all depth trades. Not looking for the world back. Just picks or prospects that have improved from their draft year. Don't even think blue chip prospects need to be in the conversation for any of them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker for 2019 #16oa. Avs get immediate forward help with a guy who is familiar with the area, Wild make the best of a bad situation, where their GM has stockpiled 4,000 LW's. Makes sense for both teams, so Fenton probably won't do it.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
In honor of the last thread

Edmonton 8th OA + Benning to TML for Kadri + Kapanen

Edmonton gets piece that help now .
TML get help with their cap problem while adding a nice piece for the future

You mean the Chicago thread where you inserted an Edmonton/Toronto trade for some reason, and now do it in a Colorado thread? Why?

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
:avs

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

MIN trades Zucker to COL for Tyson Jost OR 16th Overall would be good for both sides.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You mean the Chicago thread where you inserted an Edmonton/Toronto trade for some reason, and now do it in a Colorado thread? Why?

It wasn’t him that posted that in the Chicago thread

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Vlad Sobotka and a 7th rounder for a $25 Gift Certificate to 5280 Burger Bar.

I'll be honest - IDGAF about the pick, I just want Sobotka off my team and another bison burger with those fried pickles. **** me, that was so goddamn delicious.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
"<Proposal with Callahan>"
"No Callahan."
"<Revised proposal with Callahan>"

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish here?

You have the capspace for Callahan and it's most likely a buyout like Orpik was last year. Even if you keep him he would be helpful in your bottom 6. Not sure why Callahan is such a back contract to take?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
You have the capspace for Callahan and it's most likely a buyout like Orpik was last year. Even if you keep him he would be helpful in your bottom 6. Not sure why Callahan is such a back contract to take?

Miller, Callahan (1mil retained) for Barberio and a second I would do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad