Value of: Make a Trade with Colorado

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
:avs

Make a trade with your favorite team with this team that MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH SIDES. It can be 1 for 1, taking on a bad contract, flipping 7th rounders, whatever you deem is necessary to not only make your team better but the other one too. If it's a rebuilding/retooling side they obviously want something for the future.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Fla Trades 2 months of a beach front time share in the most flamboyant location in a 100 mile radius for a 3 week ski pass to vail in a small ski lodge filled with 15 other stoner bros to save on $$ by making the most out of the 2 bedrooms.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
From Toronto - Kapanen + 3rd round pick for Colorado's 1st round pick. (16th overall)

Let's be honest here, these teams don't fit very well for a trade. Leafs real need is a RHD, and Colorado isn't giving that up. Leafs secondary need might be prospect C's... but then, Colorado doesn't really have much there either that they can give away.

Casually, Colorado could use some secondary scoring, and another RW. I'm just going by stats here, and after Rantanen, the next RW in scoring is Sven... maybe someone is playing off their regular position, but I'm unaware if that's the case, so apologies. Kapanen is worth 1st round in the high twenties, but not 16 OA, so adding a third to even it out.

Leafs would probably target RHD Seider with the pick. Which long-term fills a need, but not right now...

I'm not sure if it's an ideal trade for either team, but it's about as good as I could find.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
From Toronto - Kapanen + 3rd round pick for Colorado's 1st round pick. (16th overall)

Let's be honest here, these teams don't fit very well for a trade. Leafs real need is a RHD, and Colorado isn't giving that up. Leafs secondary need might be prospect C's... but then, Colorado doesn't really have much there either that they can give away.

Casually, Colorado could use some secondary scoring, and another RW. I'm just going by stats here, and after Rantanen, the next RW in scoring is Sven... maybe someone is playing off their regular position, but I'm unaware if that's the case, so apologies. Kapanen is worth 1st round in the high twenties, but not 16 OA, so adding a third to even it out.

Leafs would probably target RHD Seider with the pick. Which long-term fills a need, but not right now...

I'm not sure if it's an ideal trade for either team, but it's about as good as I could find.
high 20's + 3rd rounder =/= 16 ov

Reactions: Fogelhund

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The main issue of Colorado is offensive depth, the Habs could be a partner for 4th line deal around Wiese + Peca/Hudon/Deslauriers for a 5th round pick (reasoning is that from my perspective Hudon and Peca may benefit from a fresh start, Deslauriers is a serious 4 th liner and Wiese is a good 4th line player with a cap hit which is 1m too high ;)) It is not a sexy deal but it works from both sides with the Habs having expandable depth players and making cap room in case they go for Duchene, a big UFA or RFA.

That will depend on which UFAs they target.

What do you think ?

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
The main issue of Colorado is offensive depth, the Habs could be a partner for 4th line deal around Wiese + Peca/Hudon/Deslauriers for a 5th round pick (reasoning is that from my perspective Hudon and Peca may benefit from a fresh start, Deslauriers is a serious 4 th liner and Wiese is a good 4th line player with a cap hit which is 1m too high ;)) It is not a sexy deal but it works from both sides with the Habs having expandable depth players and making cap room in case they go for Duchene, a big UFA or RFA.

That will depend on which UFAs they target.

What do you think ?

the bolded is not true. colorado does not need tweeners. they need a high end piece to fill a top six role and push others down the lineup. adding more tweeners does nothing but add to the issue colorado has which is inconsistent players playing above where they should. Panarin or skinner solves this problem for them well.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Colorado doesn't need any more bottom 6ers. If we had the 2...or better yet, 3 if we could upgrade on Kerf...top 6ers that we lack to knock the rest down to where they belong; you could do a lot worse than a bottom 6 built around Jost, Soderberg, Calvert, Compher, Longbeach-native, Kamenev, and Wilson (if he's brought back). The problem is that we don't have the 2 (or 3) top 6ers that we need to knock everyone down to where they'd ideally start next season.

If Joe pulled something off like getting Kadri using EJ, Zucker using #16, and signing a Dzingel/Donskoi type (if not someone even better) to upgrade upon Kerfoot & hold off Jost for the final top-6 spot; our depth would excellent...but there's a lot that Joe has left himself to get done this offseason for something like that to actually come together; even with all of the cap space & the surplus of futures, that he has to work with.

Realistically I think the best-case-scenario looks more like signing Hayes or Nelson to a tolerable 4/5 year deal, drafting Zegras to take that job from them in 2 seasons, and flipping #16 for Zucker. Having the final top 6 spot go to Jost or Kerfoot wouldn't be ideal, but wouldn't be the end of the world if we had an adequate 2C for that line and someone like Zucker to complete the top line while freeing Mikko up to run his own unit.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
the bolded is not true. colorado does not need tweeners. they need a high end piece to fill a top six role and push others down the lineup. adding more tweeners does nothing but add to the issue colorado has. incosistent players playing above where they should. Panarin or skinner solves this problem for them well.

I believe that Hudon/Deslauriers would have been an improvement but maybe I am wrong.... Honestly I believe Armia or Lekhonen could help you but I do not see the Habs trading them outside of a larger deal for a key player or a high pick.

Second thing, I definitely believe Colorado need top 6 forwards but Panarin wants a big City, Skinner wants to stay East apparetnly, not sure who do you get ? Duchene ?

The Habs could trade Drouin or Tatar which would be a huge improvement on Colorado's second line, but I am not sure who you would trade anything which would convince them to let these players go, right ?

I think Colorado will have a really hard time on the trade market because it does not have much to trade in terms of players, right ? The first forward line is splendid + Johnson, Barrie, Girard, Makar which make a solid defense but Colorado would not trade any of them.

Maybe a rebuilding team like Detroit would have interest in trading Mantha for some picks. Else Colorado's cap space may push them to make a bid for Marner, Duchene...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad