Value of: Make a Trade with Colorado

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Barrie is not better than Trouba.

Lol what? In only 76 more games Barrie has 128 more points, clear offensive edge to Barrie and the difference in the defensive aspect doesn't make up for the gap in offense. Troubas a good player but no way is he better than Barrie and no way does he return a first to go with the superior player

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I won’t even do it Drouin vs Girard

Why are people using "vs" when making trade proposals? It makes no sense.

And for those who claim is a French language thing, nothing could be further from the truth.

It's a trade not a confrontation.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA

And for those who claim is a French language thing, nothing could be further from the truth.

Cuz they wanna see them fight

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Cuz they wanna see them fight

31mzh1.jpg

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Versus est à l'origine un mot anglais emprunté au latin au xve siècle et passé en français au milieu des années 1960. Il signifie « contre » ou « en face de »[1]. Il se présente le plus souvent sous l'abréviation vs (sans point). Son usage est critiqué par l'Académie française.

Versus — Wikipédia

Reactions: Brett44

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Versus est à l'origine un mot anglais emprunté au latin au xve siècle et passé en français au milieu des années 1960. Il signifie « contre » ou « en face de »[1]. Il se présente le plus souvent sous l'abréviation vs (sans point). Son usage est critiqué par l'Académie française.

Versus — Wikipédia

It means the same thing in both both French and English. It's a latin term that means "against".

It's being totally used out of context. Has nothing to do with a trade proposal unless the players involved are also going to get into a fight or face each other in a game.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I’ve always wanted Landeskog, but with Debrusk and Marchand in the lineup for years to come, there’s probably not a fit.

Back before the Duchene trade became as big as it was and Chipmunk was in the NHL there was discussions between the 2 teams that came pretty close but never materialized. The ask for Landeskog was Collin Miller + Debrusk + 2nd + McAvoy/Carlo with the sticking point being both teams wanted a certain dman in the deal that changed a lot over the year that they could never agree upon.

Things would have certainly be different for the 2 teams that's for sure.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I’ve always wanted Landeskog, but with Debrusk and Marchand in the lineup for years to come, there’s probably not a fit.
Landeskog plays like a Bruin but I think the that window has closed. He was rumored to be involved in a trade for Carlo after the 48 points year but I think that opportunity has passed now that he's part of one of the best line in hockey.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Back before the Duchene trade became as big as it was and Chipmunk was in the NHL there was discussions between the 2 teams that came pretty close but never materialized. The ask for Landeskog was Collin Miller + Debrusk + 2nd + McAvoy/Carlo with the sticking point being both teams wanted a certain dman in the deal that changed a lot over the year that they could never agree upon.

Things would have certainly be different for the 2 teams that's for sure.

Exactly, I don’t see a fit. At this point, I wouldn’t even want to trade Carlo for him, especially after this playoff, even if the value is fair or tilted in our favor (in regards to Landeskog > Carlo).

Nothing against Landeskog either, I love watching that line and team play.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
I wouldn't say untouchable, but Landeskog is pretty close. He's the type of guy we'd want to be an Avalanche for life.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Exactly, I don’t see a fit. At this point, I wouldn’t even want to trade Carlo for him, especially after this playoff, even if the value is fair or tilted in our favor (in regards to Landeskog > Carlo).

Wouldn't say the value is just tilted. There's an Avalanche of value on one side there...

Regardless, Landy is heart and soul of this organization in my opinion. The team may flow through MacKinnon on the ice, but the leadership he displays on and off the ice isn't replaceable.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

...yeah that's not even close in value.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

Lol...

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1