Value of: Make a Fair Trade Offer to Your Own Teams Players

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If Spurgeon was Matheson's age then ya we would be closer in value.

Trocheck >>> Zucker in terms of age, contract and position/production. (Assuming Zucker will get more $$ than Trocheck on his new deal)

Spurgeon > Matheson in terms of production but Matheson should become Spurgeon like very soon. Maybe I'm being a Panthers homer but Trocheck is a great player.

I love matheson as a player and think he will be a great #3 D-man in this league, but to say he will be on a spurgeon level is a stretch IMO. Spurgeon scored at a 50 point pace this year and offense isn’t his bread and butter. He’s so smart and facilitates MN’s attack. He’s absolutely top 10 in the league at reading the play and getting the puck into the forwards hands safely which is hugely underrated. I agree with you though. Trade doesn’t make sense for you. Matheson is younger. To be honest I didn’t think troch + Math + 2nd was enough to get Barkov in the first place. Would love to have a Barkov so I just put it out there as a similar valued post.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think this would be a great way to gauge value for the leagues stars.

For example..
W.Nylander + 2019 1st + T.Liljegren
for
Morgan Rielly

Im curious to see how each fan base values their players.
Its odd how rielly gets nylander, a 1st and liljegren in a trade... but when leaf fans offer for similar aged/style players they wont give up nylander by himself.... hell wed be lucky to get liljegren + 1st.

and so im on topic

Rakell
for
Steel, Larsson, Kase

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I love matheson as a player and think he will be a great #3 D-man in this league, but to say he will be on a spurgeon level is a stretch IMO. Spurgeon scored at a 50 point pace this year and offense isn’t his bread and butter. He’s so smart and facilitates MN’s attack. He’s absolutely top 10 in the league at reading the play and getting the puck into the forwards hands safely which is hugely underrated. I agree with you though. Trade doesn’t make sense for you. Matheson is younger. To be honest I didn’t think troch + Math + 2nd was enough to get Barkov in the first place. Would love to have a Barkov so I just put it out there as a similar valued post.

They're both incredible skaters, think Matheson's production will increase with more PP time, barely got any last year but feel this will be his break out year.

Spurgeon is definitely a level or two above. I'd even trade for him if he was available?
Looking at it, maybe I'd switch the 2nd to a 1st.

Feel everyone would love Barkov on their team, the guy is a stud. Only knock on him is not being more physical and selfish in shooting more, he had a chance at empty netter hatter and passed it :laugh:

One of our posters @Kellyr posts every game for the Barkov hatter and we haven't had it yet.

:cheers:, have a good night.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Hall for Hischier, Zacha, Vatanan & 1st

A little more realistic,
Vatanen for 2nd & Palmieri
Zacha for 1st
Schneider for 1st & Zacha
Hischier for 1st x 2, Butcher, & Bratt

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Its odd how rielly gets nylander, a 1st and liljegren in a trade... but when leaf fans offer for similar aged/style players they wont give up nylander by himself.... hell wed be lucky to get liljegren + 1st.

and so im on topic

Rakell
for
Steel, Larsson, Kase

That package is a huge overpayment for Rielly. And this coming from a big Rielly fan.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
They're both incredible skaters, think Matheson's production will increase with more PP time, barely got any last year but feel this will be his break out year.

Spurgeon is definitely a level or two above. I'd even trade for him if he was available?
Looking at it, maybe I'd switch the 2nd to a 1st.

Feel everyone would love Barkov on their team, the guy is a stud. Only knock on him is not being more physical and selfish in shooting more, he had a chance at empty netter hatter and passed it :laugh:

One of our posters @Kellyr posts every game for the Barkov hatter and we haven't had it yet.

:cheers:, have a good night.
You too. Would agree that Barkov is a pure stud. Wasn’t aware that Matheson utilization was low. Will be looking for big things from him next year then.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
RNH + Larsson for Draisaitl

Klefbom + 2nd for Nuge

WTF does Edmonton need more centers for? If they're trading from a position of strength they need to address a positon of weakness. This doesn't address their needs at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00