Value of: Make a Fair Trade Offer to Your Own Teams Players

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What would he need to do to be a #1 in your eyes? He's playing top end #1 competition and coming out slightly above even against it with an anchor for a partner, I can't imagine what other criteria are necessary unless you think there's only like 10 #1 defensemen in the league.

I don't need HF polls to validate anything, according to HF polls, the Leafs would've never made the playoffs under Babcock.

Put up another 50+pt season and he's there, this is his first year where he broke out IMO. He's a great top pairing D but still a #2. Definitely has ability to become a #1

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Put up another 50+pt season and he's there, this is his first year where he broke out IMO. He's a great top pairing D but still a #2. Definitely has ability to become a #1

His even strength points didn't really change from last year or the year before, this is just the first time he's gotten serious PP minutes. Almost his entire jump in points is going from 6 PP assists to 24 this year. Nothing about his offensive game really changed other than taking better shots for tip ins.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ya, I'm not saying it was a bad deal, I was just more surprised that a Panthers fan would sell him for that. I figured your ask would have been more in line with something like Huberdeau + or Ekblad with a small add on Barkov. I think that in a few years he will be the equivalent to what Bergeron is now, but that's just my opinion. You probably watch him more so I'm not too sure.

Kadri = Dermott + Johnsson

I'd never want to sell Barkov but I'd argue Trocheck has the 2nd most value on our team, ahead of Huberdeau or Ekblad. Ekblad has the chance to beat out Trocheck for more value though, maybe this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
His even strength points didn't really change from last year or the year before, this is just the first time he's gotten serious PP minutes. Almost his entire jump in points is going from 6 PP assists to 24 this year. Nothing about his offensive game really changed other than taking better shots for tip ins.

That makes a big difference though, the PP points. He's progressed well and if he does it again, then he has my nod as a #1. No slight on Rielly just needs to do it for a couple years in a row.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Is Seth Jones not a #1 yet either since last year was his breakout year? (They're the same age)

Having watched the majority of Rielly's career, he really started breaking out last postseason against the Caps IMO, started producing offensively (5 points in that 6 game series) while still facing that elite QOC. And then this year he translated that over the course of the entire season.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Pretty sure just the two 1st rounders would more than suffice.
I wouldn't sell Marner for 2 firsts to be honest. Off the leafs I'd want Nylander + Sandin, maybe Reilly + Bracco. However, I'm also one of the ones who thinks Marner will lead the leafs in scoring more then 34 so I'm biased.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is Seth Jones not a #1 yet either since last year was his breakout year? (They're the same age)

Having watched the majority of Rielly's career, he really started breaking out last postseason against the Caps IMO, started producing offensively (5 points in that 6 game series) while still facing that elite QOC. And then this year he translated that over the course of the entire season.

Jones played more minutes, scored more goals and is better all around offensively and defensively.

Jones is a #1, Rielly is a #2 with the chance to become a #1. :cheers:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'd never want to sell Barkov but I'd argue Trocheck has the 2nd most value on our team, ahead of Huberdeau or Ekblad. Ekblad has the chance to beat out Trocheck for more value though, maybe this year.
That's fair, I suppose that's the point of this exercise, for fans on the inside to make proposals, not those on the outside.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Jones played more minutes, scored more goals and is better all around offensively and defensively.

By your logic tho, Jones needs to repeat his last season to become a #1 D-man. And the minutes thing is honestly a Babcock thing he distributes his ice-time as evenly as possible for better or for worse, Auston Matthews is 41st among C's in ice time, he prefers evening out the ice time...maybe that changes in the future.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Fun fact, Morgan Rielly actually produces more p/60 than Jones, Hedman, Subban and Josi. I cannot wait for Babcock to start giving Matthews and Rielly more minutes

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Zucker is a first line winger, but less value than troch, but I was going off the Matheson + 2nd trade and spurgeon is a 1d on a lot of teams so that more that makes up the value.

If Spurgeon was Matheson's age then ya we would be closer in value.

Trocheck >>> Zucker in terms of age, contract and position/production. (Assuming Zucker will get more $$ than Trocheck on his new deal)

Spurgeon > Matheson in terms of production but Matheson should become Spurgeon like very soon. Maybe I'm being a Panthers homer but Trocheck is a great player.

By your logic tho, Jones needs to repeat his last season to become a #1 D-man. And the minutes thing is honestly a Babcock thing he distributes his ice-time as evenly as possible for better or for worse, Auston Matthews is 41st among C's in ice time, he prefers evening out the ice time...maybe that changes in the future.

Jones put up 40+ pts the year before, more than Rielly ever had. I agree Babcock probably is limiting Riellys true value as a #1 or #2 but he's always been like that. I hate that he puts Hyman on the top line, I understand spread the wealth but Hyman is a great 3rd line player IMO, possibly a 2nd line guy if he puts up 45-50pts this year.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Scheifele for Laine
Hellebuyck for 1st 2020, 2nd 2019, Vesalainen, Comrie and Ehlers
Wheeler for 1st 2019, Roslovic, Connor, Appleton and Perreault (Cap dump)

Rule I did was only once I used each player.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Marner + nylander + liljegren + kadri + 1sf 2019 + 1st 2020 for Matthews

Don’t have remaining assets for Tavares

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad