Make a bold prediction

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Blashill will win the Jack Adams award for best coach in the known universe.

P.S. And Holland will win best GM, thus causing a massive ripple in the space/time continuum that eradicates all life, solidifying his legacy as the best GM to ever exist.

Last edited:

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
After Rasmussen's draft +1 year, his thread on the prospects section of this forum becomes an all-you-can-eat crow buffet with many posters going back a year and editing their posts to avoid admitting fallibility.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
After Rasmussen's draft +1 year, his thread on the prospects section of this forum becomes an all-you-can-eat crow buffet, with many posters going back a year and editing their posts to avoid admitting fallibility.

Man, I'm not thrilled when our first top 10 draft pick in ages is a bold prediction to succeed. But hey, that's crow we'd all love to eat. That would be damn fine crow.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Jimmy Howard will post 2.45, .926 in 55 games played. We still miss the playoffs, because we can't score.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Blashill will win the Jack Adams award for best coach in the known universe.

P.S. And Holland will win best GM, thus causing a massive ripple in the space/time continuum that eradicates all life, solidifying his legacy as the best GM to ever exist.

Now that is bold.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Jimmy Howard will post 2.45, .926 in 55 games played. We still miss the playoffs, because we can't score.

I think it would be nice if Jimmy could post up a great season. He's not my favorite goalie, but he's our boy.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Holland offers Green a deal too good to refuse, 6x6.

Mantha is traded after failing to meet team character guidelines.

Larkin scores below 40 points again.

Last edited:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yeah, I definitely don't see AA or Mantha getting through this season without being healthy scratched.

My prediction is Mantha goes the way of Mrazek this year and parts of the fan base turn on him (more than they already did this past season).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Wings win the lottery and take Dahlin.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I can dream right so lets go ahead and have this bold prediction.

For the record the rest of the fan-bases would have huge problems if we somehow landed Dahlin.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The Wings win the lottery and take Dahlin.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I can dream right so lets go ahead and have this bold prediction.

For the record the rest of the fan-bases would have huge problems if we somehow landed Dahlin.

Do you think so? I think they look at us as the Vancouver Canucks now. I don't think many other fans would take umbrage.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The Wings will miss the playoffs by a lot again, and Ken Holland will not change his tune even a little bit. Next season he'll be back at it, trying to make the playoffs. And it won't work then, either.

You missed the "bold" part of the prediction.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
for perspective, and this surprised me, looking at the 1990-91 season (first year of the playoff streak) there were 13 players under 23 who played at least a game...only two were still on the roster for the 62 win season, and one of them was on the way out

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do you think so? I think they look at us as the Vancouver Canucks now. I don't think many other fans would take umbrage.

kWJYW8T_d.jpg

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Man, I'm not thrilled when our first top 10 draft pick in ages is a bold prediction to succeed. But hey, that's crow we'd all love to eat. That would be damn fine crow.

Yawn. It's probably the tamest prediction in the entire thread.

The real bold predictions are from the sensationalist posters already writing him off as a bust.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The real bold predictions are from the sensationalist posters already writing him off as a bust.

I don't think bust is what most people are saying. More like drafting Brian Boyle at #9. Is that a bust? Relative to draft position, maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad