Make a bold prediction

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm still going say "give it time" until I'm a believer. It's not like he didn't have stretches here where we were all thinking he finally turned the corner and looked like the prospect we were expecting. I know he's fooled me on more than one occasion.

And by the way he's not even playing with McDonagh since the 2nd or 3rd game. He's been paired with Holden.

So he's actually solidifying a different pairing and being a guy they are leaning on? I don't disagree about giving it time, but if he keeps playing well (not great, but well) we're either off on evaluating him or the Wings weren't putting him to the right use.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It would be pretty damning to see Smith go on and have a successful career. But the thing is the wings have a vacuum in talent. Smith probably functions now that he is on a legit roster.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Sounds more like a textbook Jakub Kindl hat trick imo.

detroitisdumb.gif

Ericsson will throw down if he has to.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Green gets his mojo back in a larger offensive role and scores 50 points.

Swing and a miss. Green kept his offensive output about the same as last year, which appears to be a miracle on this year's roster.

Who here predicted ONLY Henrik "The Decline" Zetterberg would surpass all expectations? Yeah. Lots of crickets out tonight.

Looking at the stat line of the other players, it shows Zetterberg is in such a class of his own on this roster at forward. 21 more points than the next closest player. A team leading +15, despite the fact he's getting every brutal matchup. Only Mantha and Zetterberg have a higher +/- above 1. Oh right, and he still wins over 51% of his draws.

Zetterberg may not be what he was, but if anyone doubted what elite talent looks like, even in his golden hockey years, this was a display. Guy is getting no help and still produces. **** yeah, Zetterberg.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Swing and a miss. Green kept his offensive output about the same as last year, which appears to be a miracle on this year's roster.

Who here predicted ONLY Henrik "The Decline" Zetterberg would surpass all expectations? Yeah. Lots of crickets out tonight.

Looking at the stat line of the other players, it shows Zetterberg is in such a class of his own on this roster at forward. 21 more points than the next closest player. A team leading +15, despite the fact he's getting every brutal matchup. Only Mantha and Zetterberg have a higher +/- above 1. Oh right, and he still wins over 51% of his draws.

Zetterberg may not be what he was, but if anyone doubted what elite talent looks like, even in his golden hockey years, this was a display. Guy is getting no help and still produces. **** yeah, Zetterberg.

Some people predicted that Zetterberg would lead this team in scoring. :dunno:

That wasn't popular this summer.:laugh:

Of course I agree with those arguing we needed Larkin to.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That would be amazing!

Nielsen could convince his old teammate and friend Tavares to come here. Then we got the Swedish mafia and all their connections to coerce Karlsson. Plus the brand new arena could be a nice attraction.

I feel like if we miraculously managed to bring Tavares here, that in itself could convince Karlsson to come here

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nielsen could convince his old teammate and friend Tavares to come here. Then we got the Swedish mafia and all their connections to coerce Karlsson. Plus the brand new arena could be a nice attraction.

I feel like if we miraculously managed to bring even one of them here, that in itself could convince the other to bring their talents here.

And then you woke up... lol

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
that would be hilarious if both of them wanted to come here for some reason but because of all the awful contracts Holland had to pay like a first round pick or something to make room :laugh:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Riley Sheahan will end the season with 5 goals.

all of them in the last game of the season against the Devils singlehandedly winning us the game and keeping us ahead of them in the standings

they go on to draft a superstar while 1 pick later we draft a bust,helping to ensure Sheahan's job security for decades to come(he will play until he is 50 and go on to score 7 more goals in his career,each of them will be legendary and be stories people tell their grandchildren about far into the future)

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Dylan Larkin will have a huge rebound year, and score 41 points. 9 more points babay!

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
we going to lead NHL in penalty minutes. In 2018 we will going draft speedy and skilled players

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Detroit will get off to a hot start to the season, prompting ownership to extend Holland for 4 more years.

And then they'll fall apart again, missing the playoffs by 10+ points, but it won't change anything, because flukes can happen twice in a row, and soon enough all these really tall prospects will magically transform into The Broad Street Bullies, and everything will be awesome again, because reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad