Proposal: Makar to Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Not arguing that he is your top prospect--but Klef and 10 for him is a bit much--Klef has an off season due to injuries--but asking for him and the 10th for maker is bit much
That’s a bit much for the Oilers I understand that but we have no need of Klefbom since we have Big Z and Girard on the left side and taking that 10th is like taking a step back with what we have in Makar. That’s why that doesn’t make sense for both of our teams. A Barrie trade would the better option IMO.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
It's usually poor taste to question who a prospect is when that prospect is regarded pretty highly by most people. This is more of a reflection on you than it is Makar.

Maker is projected at 2nd pairing. Klefbom is already a 1st pairing. Why the hell would the Oilers make such a traded and add a 10th OA pick?
Ethan Bear is the Makar of the Oilers.
This deal makes zero sense for Edmonton

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Fair point, if we ignore the reports saying that Makar may have the highest ceiling in the 2017 draft...

;-)
I mean I don’t doubt that. If I had to guess I would have said Miro, but Makar makes sense too, I was just making the point that scouts don’t think he’ll become a true #1 defenseman, and giving up Puljujarvi or Klefbom for a upgrade (but not a huge one) on the defenseman they will likely take at 10, doesn’t make a ton of sense for either team

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Maker is projected at 2nd pairing. Klefbom is already a 1st pairing. Why the hell would the Oilers make such a traded and add a 10th OA pick?
Well if Bear is your Makar than we already have better versions of Klefbom in Girard and Big Z. Honestly I don’t know if Klefbom would be able to take the 2nd pairing spot since Girard was amazing as a rookie and expect him to be better. Big Z improved alot so I don’t think Klefbom would fit there. Our D’s played surprisingly well against a stacked Preds team while our #1D EJ was hurt both of them stepped up big time.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The same way he knew that MacKinnon would never challenge 70 points :sarcasm:
You are still crying about that, but how can you fault me at all? No one predicted this kind of season for Mackinnon.
And in the past, Mackinnon just didn’t have the IT factor, and when watching him, it was obvious he had talent, but not the head to really take over games.

Something clicked this year, and he went off.

I don’t get why you’re so **** hurt.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No. Who do you think Makar is, Dahlin? :laugh:

Better question is who do you think Pulju and Yamamoto are?

That package doesn't get you anywhere near Dahlin. It also does not get you Makar.

This thread is an absolute shit storm. Makar is going nowhere near the Oilers. Nowhere. They're not moving Drai or McDavid and we're not moving Makar for anything else.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Klefbom’s a 1st pairing dman?
The other guy is a homer I wouldn’t engage him.

But honestly I would say yes. He played like a #1D last year, and then a top 4 this year. In the long run I think they’ll even out to a consistent top pairing d-man.

He’s quite clearly the Oilers best defenseman in my eyes

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

That package doesn't get you anywhere near Dahlin. It also does not get you Makar.

This thread is an absolute **** storm. Makar is going nowhere near the Oilers. Nowhere.

I think they’re really good prospects. Which is all Makar is.

Not wanting to trade him is one thing but saying that package isn’t a disgusting overpayment is just being a massive homer.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Oilers want to be better next season, so trading for a defender that's staying another year at UMass doesn't make much sense.

Barrie would most likely be a more attractive target but he's probably prohibitively expensive, unless Avs feel they want to move on.

Reactions: Spilot23

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I agree on some spots. I think Makar will be 1st pairing, and I think it’s questionable that Klefbom is 1st pairing (I think he is).

But I agree Bear is a poor mans Makar, and that if he can become a 2nd pairing 1 unit PP kinda guy, that’d be huge for the Oilers, and really reduce the need for a offensive RHD

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I think they’re really good prospects. Which is all Makar is.

Not wanting to trade him is one thing but saying that package isn’t a disgusting overpayment is just being a massive homer.

:laugh:

Man some people can be clueless on these boards sometimes, I question whether it's just an act or something more but it's hard to tell sometimes.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

This thread is an absolute **** storm. Makar is going nowhere near the Oilers. Nowhere. They're not moving Drai or McDavid and we're not moving Makar for anything else.
I agree it doesn’t get Dahlin. But doesn’t get Makar? Come on. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, and the 10th very likely comes out to 2 top 6 wingers and a top 4 defenseman. Not guaranteed, but then again neither is Makar.

I’m not all that high on Yamamoto, but I think Puljujarvi will be become a 1st line RW. It’s very obvious he is a high end prospect. Yamamoto and the defenseman likely chosen at 10 are not as high caliber, but they are still solid pieces. And it’s not like Makar and been embarrassing all these players with his play

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
:laugh:

Man some people can be clueless on these boards sometimes, I question whether it's just an act or something more but it's hard to tell sometimes.

Clueless is seeing a stupid overpayment like a fourth overall pick that’s adjusting slowly, another first round pick that destroyed the WHL this year, and 10th overall and saying ‘oh man people are clueless on this board, that package doesn’t get you Makar’.

Cale Makar played his AJHL hockey practically in my backyard. He’s extremely talented and absolutely not worth that kind of package. If you don’t want to move him, you don’t want to move him, but that package is ABSOLUTELY worth Makar and another pretty damn good piece on top.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I agree it doesn’t get Dahlin. But doesn’t get Makar? Come on. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, and the 10th very likely comes out to 2 top 6 wingers and a top 4 defenseman. Not guaranteed, but then again neither is Makar.

I’m not all that high on Yamamoto, but I think Puljujarvi will be become a 1st line RW. It’s very obvious he is a high end prospect. Yamamoto and the defenseman likely chosen at 10 are not as high caliber, but they are still solid pieces. And it’s not like Makar and been embarrassing all these players with his play

No, it's not obvious at all. And at one point I was a massive fan of Poolparty. I was one of the very few Avs fans who still believed in the kid and wanted him on the Avs as recently as just a few months ago as well.

But the guy is as dumb as a pile of rocks. Has no brain for the game whatsoever. And without that it doesn't matter how big he is. You cant teach a guy how to think the game at a higher level and because of that he's never going to be a quality impact player.

It's not about the value. It's about the Oilers wanting the Avs very best(By a large margin) prospect and the one piece in our system with legit #1D upside, and offering a bunch of spare parts to get him. We're not making that kind of deal. We already have a tonne of spare parts in the Avs system already. The only way Makar is traded is if it's as a piece to get a better player(Like Draisaitl). Otherwise we're not moving him unless its for a stupid overpayment which said offer is not.

Clueless is seeing a stupid overpayment like a fourth overall pick that’s adjusting slowly, another first round pick that destroyed the WHL this year, and 10th overall and saying ‘oh man people are clueless on this board, that package doesn’t get you Makar’.

Cale Makar played his AJHL hockey practically in my backyard. He’s extremely talented and absolutely not worth that kind of package. If you don’t want to move him, you don’t want to move him, but that package is ABSOLUTELY worth Makar and another pretty damn good piece on top.

Just say you've never watched Makar play(Outside of a handful of Junior games 2 years ago maybe :laugh:) and move on with it.

You're really just embarrassing yourself now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean I don’t doubt that. If I had to guess I would have said Miro, but Makar makes sense too, I was just making the point that scouts don’t think he’ll become a true #1 defenseman, and giving up Puljujarvi or Klefbom for a upgrade (but not a huge one) on the defenseman they will likely take at 10, doesn’t make a ton of sense for either team

? But there are plenty of scouts think he can become a #1. The articles I was referring to reported that some scouts were saying that they thought Makar had the highest ceiling of any player in that draft, not just of any blueliner...meaning those particular scouts thought he had more potential than Hischier, Patrick Pettersson & Mittelstadt as well. He has a long way to go to get there, but there's a lot of Duncan Keith to his game; only with explosiveness that is MacKinnon-tier.

And the only blueliners in this draft that I'd take over Makar (or at least debate taking over him) are Dahlin, Bouchard, Dobson, Hughes & maybe Boqvist (though I lack viewings on him). If one of those first 4 isn't there at #10, then I would have to pass on a #10+Pulju or #10+Klef for Makar swap.

I like Klef and expect him to bounceback bigly if he's healthy next year, but not at the cost of Makar, same way I like someone like Kotkaniemi or Wahlstrom that might be there at #10...but not at the cost of Makar. And the Avs have too many good picks & prospects that don't have elite potential already, so we need to be concentrating talent into fewer but more gifted players in any trades we make this summer...not the other way around.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I like Ethan Bear and think he'll be great for you...but Bear is to Makar as Kerfoot is to RNH (and that's being generous to RNH).

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm loving the exchanges going on in this thread lol. I do have to agree with some posters, though, in saying that Barrie is probably a more enticing players to the Oilers and IMO is probably more attainable than Makar anyways.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No, it's not obvious at all. And at one point I was a massive fan of Poolparty. I was one of the very few Avs fans who still believed in the kid and wanted him on the Avs as recently as just a few months ago as well.

But the guy is as dumb as a pile of rocks. Has no brain for the game whatsoever. And without that it doesn't matter how big he is. You cant teach a guy how to think the game at a higher level and because of that he's never going to be a quality impact player.

It's not about the value. It's about the Oilers wanting the Avs very best(By a large margin) prospect and the one piece in our system with legit #1D upside, and offering a bunch of spare parts to get him. We're not making that kind of deal. We already have a tonne of spare parts in the Avs system already. The only way Makar is traded is if it's as a piece to get a better player(Like Draisaitl). Otherwise we're not moving him unless its for a stupid overpayment which said offer is not.

Just say you've never watched Makar play(Outside of a handful of Junior games 2 years ago maybe :laugh:) and move on with it.

You're really just embarrassing yourself now.

Just because you named yourself after one of the worst characters in sitcom history doesn’t mean you need to act like him. I guarantee you I’ve seen a lot more of Makar than you have - as ONE year ago, not two, he was still in junior. He will not be a #1 defenceman at the NHL level and I’m as sure of that as you are that Puljujarvi is stupid, apparently.

You even admit yourself ‘it’s not about the value’ so even you recognize the Oilers are giving up way too much, even though you go ahead and contradict yourself at the end.

Think of Puljujarvi whatever you want to, that doesn’t mean the Oilers look at him the same way. It’s not all about you, Pierce.

There’s nothing the Avs would reasonably move that would make the Oilers give up Draisaitl, Makar included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad