Proposal: Makar to Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Yikes, Makar is getting severely overrated.

In all honesty, Barrie would be a better trade target for the Oilers. Asking price on him? Please, dont start with Drai :laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Makar is untouchable, unless it hurts to the point where your GM is immediately fired. Your teams best player and then best prospect.

From the Oilers that would be McDavid+Puljarvi

Lmao, even saying Mcdavid in a proposal like this is a disgrace and you have the audacity to say that the Oilers would add on top of him? Stay off the forum for a while bud.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Yikes, Makar is getting severely overrated.

In all honesty, Barrie would be a better trade target for the Oilers. Asking price on him? Please, dont start with Drai :laugh:
Every prospect is overrated in HF this isn't new :laugh:

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I don't see the Avs moving Makar for anything less than a stupid overpayment. Like stupid to the point where even Chiarelli can see it's bad.

Like Klefbom and 10 OA for a guy who's never played an NHL game, as OP proposed? If I'm the Avs, I take that and run away laughing.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Like Klefbom and 10 OA for a guy who's never played an NHL game, as OP proposed? If I'm the Avs, I take that and run away laughing.
What's the point taking another lefty when we already have Big Z and Girard. You gotta take needs into consideration. That 10th pick is a long shot while Makar is still improving and play a position that we need. It's like gambling and getting what you like then you gotta gamble back and hope you get what you like again :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Exactly why Edmonton would be idiotic to pay any kind of premium for Makar. He’s very talented but this draft is dripping with OFD.

Agreed. Makar committed to the NCAA for one more season anyway, so he might get in the NHL at the same time than the PMD the Oilers could draft this year at #10.

Also, Oilers fans must keep in mind that Makar was the reward for enduring the worst season in the salary cap era, we don't really want to trade him.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Lmao, Makar for our best player and prospect? What a joke of a comment. Rather see us use our pick and draft/develop one of the specific D than gutting for Makar.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lmao, Makar for our best player and prospect? What a joke of a comment. Rather see us use our pick and draft/develop one of the specific D than gutting for Makar.

No one actually thinks that Makar is worth your best player and prospect, dude obviously overreacted because he didn't want to trade him.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No one actually thinks that Makar is worth your best player and prospect, dude obviously overreacted because he didn't want to trade him.

The guy who made the comment, DearDiary, isn’t an Avs fan even. He’s a Leafs fans. And I’m pretty certain he was just going for a reaction from Oiler fans.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Klefboom deal is excessive for the Oilers, but the AVs would likely accept. The Poolparty option is more reasonable, but unlikely the AVs accept.

Oilers should be targeting a more established DMan - Barrie.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I really think the Oilers would be foolish to deal Puljujarvi + 10th for Makar. They need star power at forward, and Puljujarvi has the potential for that. And at 10, there is very likely to be a RHD who falls to them. That prospect won’t be the same caliber of Makar, but they should still be pretty good.

I just don’t see it as a good deal for the Oilers, but I do understand why the Avs don’t want to deal their high end prospect.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I really think the Oilers would be foolish to deal Puljujarvi + 10th for Makar. They need star power at forward, and Puljujarvi has the potential for that. And at 10, there is very likely to be a RHD who falls to them. That prospect won’t be the same caliber of Makar, but they should still be pretty good.

I just don’t see it as a good deal for the Oilers, but I do understand why the Avs don’t want to deal their high end prospect.

Why don't they just draft a RHD?

Reactions: TFHockey

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Maybe he is garbage, but the Avs aren't trading him. I have not seen any Avs fans proposing to trade him and an Avs fan did not start this thread.

Edmonton fans (and other fans) can proceed to trash him, which is the normal course for these types of threads.
I didn’t trash him or call him garbage at all.
Where at all did I say that. I went on to say he is a good prospect with top pairing potential.

But you go ahead and read what you want to

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
You shipping MacK, Rantanen, Jost and Landy 50% retained too, or nah?

I'll keep the guy with the same ppg% as McDavid and just shy of 100 pointa, the 80+ point player, the solid prospect, our captain, and a playoff spot. Thanks.

Reactions: maxim84

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Why are the Oilers targeting a prospect who hasn't played a game in the NHL?

I get why the Avs fans want to keep him but how does this make any sense for the Oilers?

The team needs help right now if old shit for brains is going to keep his job so he's going to pay a premium for a guy going back to college next year ?

Reactions: mouser and Spilot23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad