Proposal: Makar to Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Makar, Kerfoot and Avs 2019 1st (top 10 protected, if it's top 10 it turns into 2020 1st) for Draisaitl.

Edit. I'd make it more fair by changing Kerfoot to Jost.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Oilers need established Dmen, not prospect Dmen. Making an expensive move for a prospect and burning a couple more years while he develops into an NHL level player doesn’t make sense, no matter how good the prospect is.

Reactions: Semyon Says

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Jesus Christ. The overrating of Makar is ridiculous. An undersized Offensive D-man who's not even lighting up the NCAA. Frankly, the OP is probably the closest to his value and even then it's an overpay.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Jesus Christ. The overrating of Makar is ridiculous. An undersized Offensive D-man who's not even lighting up the NCAA. Frankly, the OP is probably the closest to his value and even then it's an overpay.

He has the best shot among his peer defensemen.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
How about the Oilers keep their prospects and pick Dobson with their own first rounder?

Whoever made the OP should think twice before gutting the pool for Makar.

If they make a pitch for EK it becomes a different story.

Reactions: TFHockey

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I didn’t trash him or call him garbage at all.
Where at all did I say that. I went on to say he is a good prospect with top pairing potential.

But you go ahead and read what you want to

My comment was not specifically directed to you, but more of an observation of how these threads predictably unfold.

A fan of team A (Oilers in this case) proposes a trade for an asset on team B (Avs). Fans of team A don't like the proposal, feel it is too expensive of a price, and are offended that fans of team B that are not inclined to trade their asset and reject the proposals. As a result, fans of team A invariably proceed to comment about how overrated the asset on team B is, even though the fans of team B did not start the discussion or advance it in any manner.

Wash, rinse, repeat. You seem to be fairly new the boards, so I will assume that you have not seen this unfold seemingly thousands of times as I have.

At the same time, let's not pretend that you did not jump in with some extreme hyperbole at times (at least based on my perspective).

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Honestly I’m so lost at the prices that the Avs expect for Makar, he’s a good prospect, but by no means a world beater.

Does a single scout even think he has #1D potential? All the reports I have seen think his ceiling is offensive top pairing #2
How can you tell now he will never be a #1D?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Honestly I’m so lost at the prices that the Avs expect for Makar, he’s a good prospect, but by no means a world beater.

Does a single scout even think he has #1D potential? All the reports I have seen think his ceiling is offensive top pairing #2

Fair point, if we ignore the reports saying that Makar may have the highest ceiling in the 2017 draft...

;-)

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Note to Oilers fans: Some AVS fans have a very unhealthy obsession with Leon Draisaitl.
Maybe it's because the last game we had against the Oilers when they won in OT and Draisaitl walked on everyone like it was nothing to score :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The avs already have EJ, and Macks bff Barrie on the right side. They also have Timmins looking like a hell of a defenceman. They could use a lefty (Klef) or some secondary scoring (Pulju). Could this mean that the Oilers can aquire Makar.
2 bases for a deal:
10th + Klefbom for Makar
Or
10th + Puljujarvi for Makar
Overpay? Underpay? Let me know.

Can you explain why the oilers over pay for a non nhler?

On what planet does Maker have that value already?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Can you explain why the oilers over pay for a non nhler?

On what planet does Maker have that value already?
10th + Puljujarvi is a hard overpay. It's a Karlsson deal so might as well pry him. But right now Makar is our top prospect on the right side. I think every Avs fans would agree that Barrie should be the one gone and Makar takes his spot. So trading Barrie for a forward help is the better option here.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
The avs already have EJ, and Macks bff Barrie on the right side. They also have Timmins looking like a hell of a defenceman. They could use a lefty (Klef) or some secondary scoring (Pulju). Could this mean that the Oilers can aquire Makar.
2 bases for a deal:
10th + Klefbom for Makar
Or
10th + Puljujarvi for Makar
Overpay? Underpay? Let me know.

Who the hell is Makar?

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
kinda wondering the same thing. Good wingers are easier to find than good dmen. I was very high on JP prior to the draft, but he did not look comfortable in the NHL last year. Jury obviously still out on Makar

You didn't watch the games then. The moment Puljujarvi looked comfortable he was moved to the 4th line. Puzzling coaching decisions

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Like Klefbom and 10 OA for a guy who's never played an NHL game, as OP proposed? If I'm the Avs, I take that and run away laughing.

Nope. Getting Makar would require something that the Avs actually want and need. On the Avs, Klefbom is likely competing with Nemeth for the 3rd pairing spot, since we already have Zadorov and Girard. 10OA and an expensive potential upgrade at 3rd pairing LHD doesn't give the Avs any incentive to move Makar. He plays a position we're going to need in the relatively near future, and has the potential to replace EJ on the top pairing. No reason to trade him for a 3rd pairing LHD and a lottery ticket.

Reactions: Spilot23

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
10th + Puljujarvi is a hard overpay. It's a Karlsson deal so might as well pry him. But right now Makar is our top prospect on the right side. I think every Avs fans would agree that Barrie should be the one gone and Makar takes his spot. So trading Barrie for a forward help is the better option here.

Not arguing that he is your top prospect--but Klef and 10 for him is a bit much--Klef has an off season due to injuries--but asking for him and the 10th for maker is bit much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00