Confirmed with Link: MacLellan named GM, Trotz Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberati0n*

Ah yes, he's building his personal brand so he can sell all his BL21 apparel. That's such a logical and sensible conclusion. I'm sure you developed your theory through hours of personal interaction with the guy.

The goal is having the personal brand, not using it to profit. He just wants to be seen that way. There's more than enough basis to make conclusions like this without personal interaction.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
The goal is having the personal brand, not using it to profit. He just wants to be seen that way. There's more than enough basis to make conclusions like this without personal interaction.
There's absolutely no basis whatsoever. Again, it's just you projecting your personal dislike. You just hate any player that says "all the right things" to the media. Same reason you hate Brouwer.

Liberati0n*

There's absolutely no basis whatsoever. Again, it's just you projecting your personal dislike. You just hate any player that says "all the right things" to the media. Same reason you hate Brouwer.

I don't even hate Brouwer, and he doesn't really do that.

Alzner and Holtby "say all the right things" too. They're two of my favorite players. I hate Laich because he's full of ****, and I don't like people who are full of ****. Alzner says all the right things, but he's sincere.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Laich isn't full of ****. He's completely genuine.

You have absolutely no way to prove me wrong, which is why your viewpoint is among the most absurd we've seen on this board.

Liberati0n*

You have absolutely no way to prove me wrong, which is why your viewpoint is among the most absurd we've seen on this board.

Yeah, I can't prove you wrong. That doesn't make me any less right. I may frame it in starker terms than others, but I don't think I'm the only one here who sees through him.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009

Doesn't that go both ways? You have no way of proving yourself right outside of extensive personal interaction.

Liberati0n*

Doesn't that go both ways? You have no way of proving yourself right outside of extensive personal interaction.

Ehh, not really. The default assumption is basically genuineness. It's on someone to prove that something isn't what it seems. The burden is probably on me. I think the "proof" is there in his language and behavior, but it's a subject of interpretation. I'm still right though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm pretty negative on all of them. It's weird though, because Laich is almost as soft a player as Johansson but those people don't seem to realize it.

We've been over this before.

Nope. It would just be a reasonable reaction. He's a me-first guy who drapes team-first banners all over himself so everyone can look at them. More intelligent and perceptive players definitely notice.

NO!

Brooks Laich
Quickie Fight Card
Position: C
Birthdate: Jun 23, 1983
Weight: 205lbs

Per www.hockeyfights.com

NHL Fights
2006-2007 Regular Season
Full Season Details

Jarkko Ruutu

2007-2008 Regular Season
Full Season Details

Mike Richards

2008-2009 Regular Season
Full Season Details

Ryan O'Byrne

2011-2012 Regular Season
Full Season Details

Zack Smith
Jim Slater

Marcus Johansonn has no record. Interesting side note is that Laich tangled with Zach Smith and beat him in 2012 and it was Zach Smith that Grabo was going after when Mike Green had his love connection with Karlsson.

Liberati0n*

Yeah, a few fights really don't change it. Watch him play. He sucks on the boards, is never really in scrums, doesn't actually put himself at risk going to the net, etc.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, I can't prove you wrong. That doesn't make me any less right. I may frame it in starker terms than others, but I don't think I'm the only one here who sees through him.

Can you see dead people too??

So let me get this straight...you never met the guy or had any interaction with him....

There is not a SINGLE report out there that suggests he is anything but a great guy and great teamate who is TEAM FIRST. Not one.

Based on a handful of media clips scattered throughout a few years you can determine beyond any doubt that he is some kind of fraud??

Think you're definitely projecting here.

Liberati0n*

Can you see dead people too??

So let me get this straight...you never met the guy or had any interaction with him....

There is not a SINGLE report out there that suggests he is anything but a great guy and great teamate who is TEAM FIRST. Not one.

Based on a handful of media clips scattered throughout a few years you can determine beyond any doubt that he is some kind of fraud??

Think you're definitely projecting here.

It's not that dramatic.... He's not a "fraud." His play is probably, functionally, "team-first" a lot of the time, when it's convenient for him. It's just a question of his real motivations and priorities. It's not some grand fraud he's perpetrating.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
It's not that dramatic.... He's not a "fraud." His play is probably, functionally, "team-first" a lot of the time, when it's convenient for him. It's just a question of his real motivations and priorities. It's not some grand fraud he's perpetrating.

You seriously think you can tell this about someone based on some media clips and soundbites???

Players have spoken out about guys like Jagr and even Semin. No teammate, former teammate, opposing player, hockey pundit, beat reporter, blogger or ANYONE for that matter has ever said a bad word about Brooks.

This is absurd.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
It does make you less right.

http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?A+sneak+peek%3A+Hangin%27+in+D.C.&id=447596
We really can't say enough great things about Brooks Laich, he may be one of the most genuine people in the NHL

http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/entertainment/entertainment-features/2010/02/22/a-lot-to-laich/
In person, he’s quick to smile, easygoing and endearingly genuine.

http://espncleveland.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/dangerous-hockey/
He was also extremely smart, polite and extremely genuine.

So there's some of my evidence based on people's personal interactions with him. Where's yours that he's fake?

Liberati0n*

In all his interviews, his on-ice play, everything. I don't really care about convincing you, and know I won't anyway, but it's a matter of interpreting his language and so on. It's interesting that all those people had the actual word "genuine" come to mind about him. It's almost like he's making an effort to seem that way.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
In all his interviews, his on-ice play, everything. I don't really care about convincing you, and know I won't anyway, but it's a matter of interpreting his language and so on. It's interesting that all those people had the actual word "genuine" come to mind about him. It's almost like he's making an effort to seem that way.

Or, and I know this is a radical concept, but if he repeatedly comes off a certain way in different situations to different people, maybe he is actually that way?

It also helps that 'genuine' was part of my search string.

And WTF does on-ice play have do do with his personality?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Yeah, a few fights really don't change it. Watch him play. He sucks on the boards, is never really in scrums, doesn't actually put himself at risk going to the net, etc.

You're on a roll today!

I remember when Mike Smith was the goalie for TB, Laich always seemed to get under Smith's skin, banging him (goalie interference) to the point in one game Laich lost his lid while in front of the TB net due to a scrum and then at stoppage, as Laich went to retrieve his helmet, Smith shot Laich's lid down the ice. Laich does have some sandpaper to his game.

Last edited:

Liberati0n*

Maybe we can just copy and paste this whole thing into the thread next time this comes up.

Liberati0n*

The tire thing is pretty bad? What are you smoking?

When is helping people stranded on the side of the road ever an indication of a character flaw?

I meant it's bad in that it's compelling evidence. He wants others to see him, and to see himself plausibly, as that guy. It was about his "personal brand," in his own eyes as much as others'. Maybe he didn't know it would reach the media, but he was definitely ecstatic when it did.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'm starting to become convinced that you're just trolling this board with the Laich stuff.

It's approaching the delusion of a spurned superfan otherwise.

ReggietheSavage15

Feb 27, 2008
Bottom line, Brooks Laich is a great guy who is just not living up to his contract. Fault the organization, not him. All that money should have NEVER been offered to him, but obviously, he'd be a fool to turn it down. Hopefully, he gets a clean bill of health this summer and the team can use the amnesty clause to part ways. With his groin having the stability of Lindsay Lohan after one too many quaaludes, it would be my guess that he'll never come close to sniffing 50 points.

Another part of the hate that he gets is that he was overvalued by the franchise, even going into last season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't McPhee comparing Laich to guys like Mike Richards etc.? You make the money he does, have the EXPECTATION put on you that you'll produce, and ultimately don't (even w/ an injury), people will bring out the pitchforks.

Like I said before...he's a good guy, but it's time to part ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille