Series Discussion: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes, Category 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I'm so f***ing disgusted. That's it. Not mad, not jealousy, just disgust. Pathetic effort by the coach and most of the team. Definitely got outplayed most of the series. Typical Caps too, another loss at home game 7, no pun intended--par for the course.

Jun 15, 2007
As with every year except last year, Ovechkin deserves better.

Twinsmagic

Jan 14, 2013
I am both a Nucks and Caps fan. I feel like losing both Oshie and Kempny were just too much. They look really gassed throughout the entire OT and most of 2OT. It feels like they were getting close to no zone time in OT and they could barely get the puck out of our own zone. We really miss Oshie and his high energy especially towards the end. We need to get faster and probably move on from Orpik this offseason.

Reactions: calicapsfan

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Kuznetsov should use this as a lesson to not just f*** around all regular season and expect to turn it up in the playoffs. I don't buy the injury excuse one bit. He's been this bad for most of the season.

Reactions: Drakon

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Forsythe is worse than Reirden. Lived on one particular power play set up, notoriously bad at making adjustments and coaches an
extremely static PP.

Reirden got completely and utterly embarrassed by Brind’Amour. It took Trotz years to figure out how to coach playoff hockey and when he does you let him go for someone better suited to be an assistant coach. Huge mistake Maclellan.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Funny how winning a cup changes emotions. I don't even hurt and look forward to GMBM making some tweaks. It's by far the craziest playoffs in a long time. Goes to show you can't ever underestimate an opponent and just make it in. With this older crew, I want to just make it in, no more division titles.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
My takeaway was this: they didn't play like a team that deserved to win this game from the 1st intermission on for the most part. Shocking to see a veteran defending champion team coast for such long stretches in an elimination game...it seemed like the Canes were the home team constantly attacking, and the Caps were just cautiously trying to hang on far too many times.

Reactions: Corby78

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
On the positive note though, if some of you think the window has closed, I am telling you it is not. If Selanne won his first Stanley Cup by the age of 37, Ovi will be turning 34 upcoming season and already has a cup under his belt. The core is young too: Backy, Oshie, Kuzy, Carlson. Some of them are not even 30 years old yet. I see two more seasons for chasing 2nd Stanley Cup.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
On the positive note though, if some of you think the window has closed, I am telling you it is not. If Selanne won his first Stanley Cup by the age of 37, Ovi will be turning 34 upcoming season and already has a cup under his belt. The core is young too: Backy, Oshie, Kuzy, Carlson. Some of them are not even 30 years old yet. I see two more seasons for chasing 2nd Stanley Cup.

Yeah folks saying the window is closed will be surprised next year.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Canes did it without 2 of their best forwards, they were hungrier and won the majority of the puck battles. They did a very good job forechecking and preventing us from clearing the puck from our zone.

Caps were never in it, I thought Connelly and Vrana would be difference makers in these playoffs after how great they've played during the regular season, but they were no-show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad