Series Discussion: (M1) Washington Capitals vs (WC1) Carolina Hurricanes, Category 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Caps are still screwed if they win. CBJ vs BOS is scheduled for 25th, so if Caps win they will have 0 days rest

illpucks

May 26, 2011
You really think they'll force the caps to play back to back?
I think it will be 26th, not back to back but still no rest. Like Vegas/Sharks play game 7 but will still have 24th and 25th to rest. Caps will only get 1 day game rest like the 1st and 2nd rounds are 1 series.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I mean Canes won three basically with only their tactic with many important missing pieces and huge disadvantage on talent.

Yes exactly. Our team is struggling to get past the Canes, how the f*** do people on here think they are getting past the Isles???

And if it ends up being Isles / Canes in the next round that will be the MOST BORING series on earth

Reactions: shtorm2005

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Yes exactly. Our team is struggling to get past the Canes, how the **** do people on here think they are getting past the Isles???

And if it ends up being Isles / Canes in the next round that will be the MOST BORING series on earth
I still have hope, but I'm not blind, Caps do have serious problems.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Caps should definitely just forfeit.

I don't believe there's a rule that states we can only talk about positive, winning outcomes? I am very optimistic about the Caps winning game 7 at home - they have a good record in game 7's at home that follow a game 6 loss. Their record after a game 6 win is crappy.
That tells me the team bounces back well - and I expect them to come out blazing tomorrow and leave everything on the table - err I mean ice.

My other statement (question) is, I believe, completely fair and valid: how do people expect the Caps to beat the Isles? They are better than the Canes defensively, their goalie has been better than Mrazek all season and in the playoffs, and they have Trotz coaching them, and
if anybody knows our team it's Trotz. I'm not saying "It's impossible, all is lost!" But I am saying it's going to be one hell of a tall mountain to climb.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I don't believe there's a rule that states we can only talk about positive, winning outcomes? I am very optimistic about the Caps winning game 7 at home - they have a good record in game 7's at home that follow a game 6 loss. Their record after a game 6 win is crappy.
That tells me the team bounces back well - and I expect them to come out blazing tomorrow and leave everything on the table - err I mean ice.

My other statement (question) is, I believe, completely fair and valid: how do people expect the Caps to beat the Isles? They are better than the Canes defensively, their goalie has been better than Mrazek all season and in the playoffs, and they have Trotz coaching them, and
if anybody knows our team it's Trotz. I'm not saying "It's impossible, all is lost!" But I am saying it's going to be one hell of a tall mountain to climb.
I didn't tell you not to talk your smack, but I don't have to respect it. And I don't care about any of this nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakon

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Caps can win if Kuzy shows up. I doubt he is injured, just Kuzy being Kuzy. No, don’t expect him to play at last years level, but I do expect him to perform like a top six forward.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO

They beat a suck ass pens team and any team with a decent defense is going to stand a chance against that forward group

Reactions: Drakon

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Caps lost but they can never take this away, ever:

maxresdefault.jpg

SoulessGingerCapsFan

Jul 5, 2013
Don’t think the window has closed. But very disappointing considering all of the “good” teams lost in the first round.

Would have theoretically been an easier path to the cup

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
We didn’t deserve to win. Also playing the whole playoffs minus a top 6 winger and a defender that glued the team together last year is super tough.

It’s somewhat reassuring to know that we have one, though. And the one that we have won can’t disappear or choke.

Disappointed most by Kuznetsov and Eller.

Reactions: Caps8112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->