Confirmed with Link: Lyubushkin to ANA for MIN 2025 4th

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
And some costly penalties.
That gets heavily overstated. His penalty issues were early in the season and went away when he came back from injury. He had a total of 6 penalty minutes in the last 41 games he played.

I swear it's like people remember 1 or 2 bad penalties and he gets labeled as taking bad penalties all the time when he really didn't.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
That gets heavily overstated. His penalty issues were early in the season and went away when he came back from injury. He had a total of 6 penalty minutes in the last 41 games he played.

I swear it's like people remember 1 or 2 bad penalties and he gets labeled as taking bad penalties all the time when he really didn't.
I never said he takes bad penalties all the time? He DID have some costly penalties during the year. Not that he had a ton of penalty minutes. He just seemed to get them at the absolute worst time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And Joker lives to see another day, f***!
If they can't get any value out of him, then keep him, and see if he can find his niche on the 3rd pairing. Worse comes to worse, he gets the Olofsson treatment, and is scratched unless injuries hit. There's a lot more competition now. He's in direct competition with Stillman and both Johnsons.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Boosh may become a solid 3rd pairing guy in Minnesota's system if he can stay healthy. It's a much easier task to play defense for the Wild than it is for the 2023 Sabres. And, if we're being honest, he had a lot of shit partners last year.

Oops, I should have edited my post above!

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Better value than I thought. Less competition for that #8 defenseman role. It’s whatever. The fact we are saving 2.5 million for what Boosh was, is hilarious to me.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Cost us $2.75M to buy a fourth round pick.
I am indifferent to this trade. Boosh could have done more in his year with us, but his physicality was a nice addition.

Wish him well with the Ducks. I mean they missed out on Bedard, so I hope this is some consolation.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I never said he takes bad penalties all the time? He DID have some costly penalties during the year. Not that he had a ton of penalty minutes. He just seemed to get them at the absolute worst time.

Literally every penalty could be costly. It can only be seen that way in the mirror.

Boosh >> Bryson. They both provide the same amount of offense. One just doesn’t get bullied in their own zone.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Literally every penalty could be costly. It can only be seen that way in the mirror.

Boosh >> Bryson. They both provide the same amount of offense. One just doesn’t get bullied in their own zone.
Yea Boosh is better than a guy that's going to be in the AHL. He's better than Casey Fitzgerald too. It's not really saying much lol.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, no one's paying an asset for Bryson. He's going to be playing a lot of games in Rochester this year unless there are a ton of injuries

He'll probably enjoy the ride. The Amerks have been making some runs in the playoffs these past few years.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Sucks, zero sense. Adams again worsened the depth of defense, goalie was never found, in the attack without changes (although this is not critical for me). So far, Adams has been disappointing with his offseason, very strange.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Stillman and Bryson on waivers would have been a better move but this saves us some dollars.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Sucks, zero sense. Adams again worsened the depth of defense, goalie was never found, in the attack without changes (although this is not critical for me). So far, Adams has been disappointing with his offseason, very strange.
Lol what? We have like 10 NHL d men right now. Dude wasn't even gonna play lmao.

> goalie was never found

Oh ok. Let me know about these quality goaltenders that were just lying around.

Reactions: Aladyyn

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Boosh may become a solid 3rd pairing guy in Minnesota's system if he can stay healthy. It's a much easier task to play defense for the Wild than it is for the 2023 Sabres. And, if we're being honest, he had a lot of shit partners last year.

Oops, I should have edited my post above!
He got traded to the Ducks.

Reactions: Chainshot

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015

?????

You can only hold onto so many NHL defenseman.

Bryson will likely still get waived and be a solid AHL callup with Clague since both can play either side adequately for stints.

This trade is more about being nice to Bush since he'd of likely been the odd man out in any defensive scenario when the D is mostly healthy.

Regardless if you go handiness or Dahlin on the RHD side you ended up with Bush being benched since they weren't benching Jokiharju for him and he is unlikely to be able to be solid on his off-side.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Lol what? We have like 10 NHL d men right now. Dude wasn't even gonna play lmao.

> goalie was never found

Oh ok. Let me know about these quality goaltenders that were just lying around.
What are 10? Bryson is not an NHL player, Johnson may have already fallen off the cliff and our depth got worse again, they could well hold 8 defensemen and we would have decent depth, long season, injuries, poor performance of other players. This is a stupid trade.

There have been a lot of different goaltenders in the market in the trade and in the UFA in those 3-4 years, Adams hasn't been able to get one, and we're back into the season with suspense with two AHL goaltenders and a college rookie. It's a failure for Adams and we'll probably miss the playoffs again.
You can only hold onto so many NHL defenseman.

Bryson will likely still get waived and be a solid AHL callup with Clague since both can play either side adequately for stints.

This trade is more about being nice to Bush since he'd of likely been the odd man out in any defensive scenario when the D is mostly healthy.

Regardless if you go handiness or Dahlin on the RHD side you ended up with Bush being benched since they weren't benching Jokiharju for him and he is unlikely to be able to be solid on his off-side.
Boosh is a different type of game from Bryson and Clague, and he's better when he's healthy. I do not like this trade, our depth has become worse, we have lost a physical D and again we are left with small and useless Bryson and Clague in depth. Johnson is a big question mark at his age and with his injury history. And yes, I don't like Jokiharju and I've said it many times, I'd rather trade him, but we could also keep both. So far, I'm disappointed with Adams this offseason.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Something else is coming. Dahlin/Power extensions?

Extra money to squeeze in a Pesce or Hanifin?
I'd like you to be right - but almost certainly not. I think there's a miniscule chance of another LD t in order to roll three strong pairs. After the UFA signings though - I think there's zero chance of signing another RD.

We essentially signed two bottom pair RDs in Clifton/Johnson. This made Lyubushkin somewhat redundant. He's too good & is paid too much to be anyone's #7. So this trade makes sense. Wish him the best. I always had a bit of a soft spot for Anaheim so I'll be rooting for him.

One down, one to go. Joker makes the most sense if he brings back a solid return (or if he's part of a bigger deal). If not - then it will be as simple as waiving Bryson.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
What are 10? Bryson is not an NHL player, Johnson may have already fallen off the cliff and our depth got worse again, they could well hold 8 defensemen and we would have decent depth, long season, injuries, poor performance of other players. This is a stupid trade.

There have been a lot of different goaltenders in the market in the trade and in the UFA in those 3-4 years, Adams hasn't been able to get one, and we're back into the season with suspense with two AHL goaltenders and a college rookie. It's a failure for Adams and we'll probably miss the playoffs again.
Dahlin, Sammy, Power, Clifton, E. Johnson, Joki, Clifton, Stillman, Boosh, Bryson. That's 10. Like how many d men are you gonna hold for depth lmao? Gonna have 4 NHL defenders in the press box at all times just in case? What would he be on our depth chart? 8th or 9th? No point in having multiple guys being healthy scratches for "depth" purposes.

There have been a few goalies on the market that have been overpaid & some goalies that didn't want to be here. Unless you were big on us singing Jack Campbell or Koorpisalo to mega deals?

"Adams hasn't been able to get one" He literally signed Comrie? Who has honestly looked better than some of the goalies that signed these big deals in FA.

" It's a failure for Adams and we'll probably miss the playoffs again." This isn't NHL 23. It's not just throw money at any player and they will automatically fit well on your team. I'm not sure if you think every single player wants to sign here & Adams is just saying no?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin, Sammy, Power, Clifton, E. Johnson, Joki, Clifton, Stillman, Boosh, Bryson. That's 10. Like how many d men are you gonna hold for depth lmao? Gonna have 4 NHL defenders in the press box at all times just in case? What would he be on our depth chart? 8th or 9th? No point in having multiple guys being healthy scratches for "depth" purposes.

There have been a few goalies on the market that have been overpaid & some goalies that didn't want to be here. Unless you were big on us singing Jack Campbell or Koorpisalo to mega deals?

"Adams hasn't been able to get one" He literally signed Comrie? Who has honestly looked better than some of the goalies that signed these big deals in FA.

" It's a failure for Adams and we'll probably miss the playoffs again." This isn't NHL 23. It's not just throw money at any player and they will automatically fit well on your team. I'm not sure if you think every single player wants to sign here & Adams is just saying no?
Johnson and Jokiharju have often been injured in recent seasons. Stillman still looks incomprehensible at all. Not a fan of Jokiharyu and would rather Boosh in the third pair than Joki. If I had to trade a defender, I would trade Jokiharju.

As I've said over the years, other GMs have found a way to get a goaltender, but not Adams. I can give many examples if you want.

Oh yes, Eric Comrie with 10 good NHL games by age 27, is that a smart move? Dustin Tokarski has better NHL stats than Comrie and UPL, and Tokarski is not even an NHL goaltender, and even more experienced in the NHL than Comrie and UPL. These are just facts.

Therefore, there are trades if the player does not want to sign a contract with the UFA. As I said, there have been many interesting options over the years for the position goalie and top 4 defender. But here we are again. Also, in case you missed the news, most players no longer add Buffalo to their no-trade lists and are ready to play Buffalo.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Johnson and Jokiharju have often been injured in recent seasons. Stillman still looks incomprehensible at all. Not a fan of Jokiharyu and would rather Boosh in the third pair than Joki. If I had to trade a defender, I would trade Jokiharju.

As I've said over the years, other GMs have found a way to get a goaltender, but not Adams. I can give many examples if you want.

Oh yes, Eric Comrie with 10 good NHL games by age 27, is that a smart move? Dustin Tokarski has better NHL stats than Comrie and UPL, and Tokarski is not even an NHL goaltender, and even more experienced in the NHL than Comrie and UPL. These are just facts.

Therefore, there are trades if the player does not want to sign a contract with the UFA. As I said, there have been many interesting options over the years for the position goalie and top 4 defender. But here we are again. Also, in case you missed the news, most players no longer add Buffalo to their no-trade lists and are ready to play Buffalo.
> Johnson and Jokiharju have often been injured in recent seasons

So has Boosh. I don't really get this point.

> Not a fan of Jokiharyu and would rather Boosh in the third pair than Joki. If I had to trade a defender, I would trade Jokiharju.

He just turned 24 & is an RFA. There's much more potential going on with Joki. Boosh is what he is at this point.

> Stillman still looks incomprehensible at all.

He's looked fine to me. Has shown more flashes than Boosh offensively. Looks pretty similar defensively. Throws more hits than Boosh & will drop the gloves if he has to.

> As I've said over the years, other GMs have found a way to get a goaltender, but not Adams. I can give many examples if you want.

Because this is goofy. We've seen non playoff teams (like us) had to overpay for goalies like Husso/Korpisalo. We've seen playoff teams like Toronto/Colorado/Carolina get goalies to sign for cheap. Like do you honestly think goalies that were interested in contenders are willing to sign reasonable deals here? Adams is the GM. Not Pierre Dorion.

> Oh yes, Eric Comrie with 10 good NHL games by age 27, is that a smart move?

It was an extremely low risk move to gamble on a guy that had a good stretch of games as a backup. He had a .920 save % in 16 games. What's the alternative? Signing Jack Campbell or Ville Husso to 5M a year deals to put up similar stats?

> Also, in case you missed the news, most players no longer add Buffalo to their no-trade lists and are ready to play Buffalo.

Like who? We've had rumors of Brett Pesce having us on his list. Same with John Gibson. We've had Matt Murray turn down a trade. We've had guys mention that Buffalo was interested in FA and they signed with another team. Any guy we've had to sign in FA has had to been an overpay. Boosh for near 3M. Erik Johnson for 3M. Clifton for 3.3M for 3 years.

Seems like you think this is like a video game with everyone up for grabs with no consideration for if they want to be here or if they actually fit with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad