Confirmed with Link: Lyubushkin to ANA for MIN 2025 4th

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
We knew this was coming. Curious to see if we just send Bryson to Rochester or if another move is coming to get us down to 7D.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I liked Boosh while he was healthy. Solid bottom pairing guy for the most part. Not a bad deal. Wish we could've got a 3rd, but trades are scarce now, so it seems like a buyers market.

Edit:
I just saw it's a 2025 4th. Pretty much gave him away. Would've rather kept the depth, but someone had to go, I suppose.

Reactions: jc17

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Great trade.

I love 4th round picks and Boosh is just a guy we grabbed off the heap. I'd sign one of him and trade them for a 4th the next year every year if it didn't spoil our FA reputation.

Good luck ol' Boosh.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Boosh was fun to root for but he was a penalty machine and was objectively bad most of the time by the metrics and the eye test. I still liked him as a player and he had a couple really fun moments with that hit in Edmonton and the OT winner in Tampa. Wish him all the best

Makes the path clearer for Johnson to get games possibly

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Kinda surprised we got a 4th for him.

I felt Adams might have kept him around to mentor our young Russian prospects.Seemed like a great guy in the locker room. Wish him the best!

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I guess Cliffton/Stillman make Boosh's game a touch redundant. My only beef with Boosh last season was that his aggressive, physical play seemed to lead to pesky little injuries. I hope he finds continued success in Anaheim.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I think he could have been good in a smaller, better defined role but whatever

Happy trails, take joker with you

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
You know I run on the positive side but not liking a move because you prefer one player over another is absolutely a valid reason lol.

That being said, I'm fine with it.

This move does not prevent us from doing anything with Joki or Bryson.

I'm guessing either they still like Joki around to try to continue to develop him without having to use him in a top four role, or they are looking for more than a fourth rounder and haven't found that deal yet.

Bryson has almost no trade value and they can and/or will just waive him before the start of the season.

Boosh did post this earlier today. Good luck to him.

Screenshot_20230818_214542_Instagram.jpg

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What is the cap savings?

$2.75M

Buffalo now has over $8M in available cap space and still seems to have one defenseman too many.

Reactions: allsilverdreams

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
I liked Boosh while he was healthy. Solid bottom pairing guy for the most part. Not a bad deal. Wish we could've got a 3rd, but trades are scarce now, so it seems like a buyers market.

Edit:
I just saw it's a 2025 4th. Pretty much gave him away. Would've rather kept the depth, but someone had to go, I suppose.
No way would we get a 3rd for a guy that was going to be a healthy scratch most of the time. I was honestly thinking around a 5th-6th for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad