GDT: LXXX | "Battle of Alberta: Rexall's Last Stand" | 4.2.16 | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
All this Ekblad wish is hindsight... I drooled over Seth Jones a lot more than Ekblad ...
Would we even have picked Ekblad 1st overall? Not sure with our management at that time... Besides we wouldnt have had McDavid if we had Ekblad playing on the team.

I like that every bad decision in Oilers past in wiped out by McDavid get. But I 100% agree. I wouldnt have it any other way

There was an article talking about how past #1s were almost on different teams. One example was Pat Kane. Blackhawks won final game in a crazy comeback or something and moved ahead of Oilers (into 7th) and that slot ended up winning the draft lotto. So Kane was almost an Oiler. But all I could think to myself was (we get Kane and we likely dont get McDavid, so alls good)

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I like that every bad decision in Oilers past in wiped out by McDavid get. But I 100% agree. I wouldnt have it any other way

There was an article talking about how past #1s were almost on different teams. One example was Pat Kane. Blackhawks won final game in a crazy comeback or something and moved ahead of Oilers (into 7th) and that slot ended up winning the draft lotto. So Kane was almost an Oiler. But all I could think to myself was (we get Kane and we likely dont get McDavid, so alls good)

Oilers beat the Flames in the final game of the season to move ahead of Chicago that year too.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Let's Go Oilers!!

I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about the legendary games played in the old barn. Hopefully we see some bad blood and an intense hockey game.

Light it up 97.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
We didn't tank last season...and we got McDavid. Go out there and do your best and good things will happen...one way or another.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Love that we had our captain Connor McDavid take that ceremonial face-off.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
I hope we pump the flames tonight, mcdavid will break the record for points in a game.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013

Not our Captain, he was the captain of the school that won some charity event. Hall, Eberle, and Nuge were also captains of schools, and had one of their schools won, they would have taken the faceoff.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

I'm just happy Calgary chose last year to make a cinderella story run to the playoffs because I think I might cry if they had won McDavid. This kid gives me hope.

Also hahah wow sick elbow Mess

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I'm getting giddy. Hoping our top 6 puts on a show tonight.

You and me both buddy. I've got chills right now, not something you would expect to be saying given two non-playoff teams going at it at the end of the year.

Go Oilers!!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not our Captain, he was the captain of the school that won some charity event. Hall, Eberle, and Nuge were also captains of schools, and had one of their schools won, they would have taken the faceoff.

I think you took what I said too literal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad