GDT: LXXX | "Battle of Alberta: Rexall's Last Stand" | 4.2.16 | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expatriate

Aug 3, 2007
Saint John
yes, it would have bben great for the last game to be the BOA. At least the Oilers are starting the next season in a new build.

Montreal Forum last game - Mar 11/96 Dallas
Maple Leaf Gardens last game - Feb 13/99 Chicago

Two iconic venues closed in the middle of the season :shakehead

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
This game will be so Oilers itll hurt. Oilers will do some big montage to start the game, and Calgary will score 2 goals in first 5 minutes. The game will be terrible for next 40 minutes with Edmonton looking better but not scoring. Then 2 goals in last 10 minutes

4-0 loss in final BOA at Rexall, greta way to cap off a craptastic last 10 years of BOA

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hopefully McLellan instills a "protect our house" mentality and it carries into Rogers next season.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I want to see some fights this game. Darnell SMAAASH

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Fighting isn't allowed anymore.

Maybe our players can "accidentally" trip someone face-first into the boards instead. Penalty at the refs discretion.

**** it. Darnell needs to bloody someone up.

Nurse v Ferland?

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
I don't know about that. I feel we are due to lose out and draft 4th. If that is the case, take Dubois if Chiarelli pulls off trades for D.
Everytime I run this simulator, we never win the pick.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

So I was and bored and decided to try running this simulator 100 times and see what the results were. The Oilers won the first overall 20 times and were a top 3 pick 49 times. so take that for what its worth.

Jun 9, 2011
Unbelievable that any Oiler fan would be ok losing for any reason. Time to start ignoring the draft.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Unbe.ie able that any Oiler fan would be ok losing for any reason. Time to start ignoring the draft.

Exactly.

We've been the only Canadian/basement team that hasn't actively advocated for tanking. No time to start this **** now. I want a win!

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
You can ignore the draft all you want, it's still going to happen and the Oilers are still going to be picking a player.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Unbe.ie able that any Oiler fan would be ok losing for any reason. Time to start ignoring the draft.

big time this! Besides, we're guaranteed an awesome prospect. The only standout is Matthews, and even finishing dead last only gives us a 20% chance at him so it's not happening anyway. I know the running joke is that the Oilers always beat the odds at the lottery, but that stigma is just a joke and it's not even true btw. It would be pretty cool if we won in the Ekblad draft year. Didn't happen though. We won the best one though so I can't complain.

Besides, it will just be embarrassing if we win. I troll-laughed myself silly last year. I don't know if I have the stamina to do it again

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
big time this! Besides, we're guaranteed an awesome prospect. The only standout is Matthews, and even finishing dead last only gives us a 20% chance at him so it's not happening anyway. I know the running joke is that the Oilers always beat the odds at the lottery, but that stigma is just a joke and it's not even true btw. It would be pretty cool if we won in the Ekblad draft year. Didn't happen though. We won the best one though so I can't complain.

Besides, it will just be embarrassing if we win. I troll-laughed myself silly last year. I don't know if I have the stamina to do it again

Would have preferred to have won the lottery the Ekblad year over any of our other 1st overalls sans McJesus of course.

I'm so sick of hearing about Oilers always winning the lottery I almost don't want to even if we finish DFL, living near Shames land its ****ing unbearable. Mathews doesn't do a lot for us we already have the best young C in the league and 2 centres under 23 who are already very good 2C. We should be happy there is little separating 2-6 this year and embrace whomever of the Finns, Dubois, Chychurn or Joulevi we end up with or better yet parlay it into a top pairing D if we can't move one of the "old core".

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dont care who wins... Hoping for a hard hitting high scoring game...

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
All this Ekblad wish is hindsight... I drooled over Seth Jones a lot more than Ekblad ...
Would we even have picked Ekblad 1st overall? Not sure with our management at that time... Besides we wouldnt have had McDavid if we had Ekblad playing on the team.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
All this Ekblad wish is hindsight... I drooled over Seth Jones a lot more than Ekblad ...
Would we even have picked Ekblad 1st overall? Not sure with our management at that time... Besides we wouldnt have had McDavid if we had Ekblad playing on the team.

I didn't, Ekblad was always the much better prospect in my personal opinion. I agree though I'd rather have McDavid over anything thats happened in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00