GDT: LXXX | "Battle of Alberta: Rexall's Last Stand" | 4.2.16 | 8:00PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
During the Flames-LA game commentators mentioned that this BOA should have been the last game played at Rexall. Kinda like worthy ending for a storied rivalry and building at the same time. Honestly I didnt realize this before, so has there been any talk about this in Edmonton?

Didnt realize this before but I think NHL messed up a bit with scheduling here.

Agreed, that would've been a more fitting end but as it is at least it's towards the end of the year.

As for the game I hope that we win but everyone one the Oilers had better be ****ing pumped because this game means a ton to the fans.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
i know we need to lose for the matthews pick and all, but i just can't bring myself to cheer against the oilers winning in the last battle of alberta at the coliseum.... too many memories of those battles to not feel the feels tonight, no matter how unimportant the game is to the two current teams... i hope the oilers destroy the flames in epic fashion

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Hope we lose looking at the big picture.

unfortunately the Oilers have a nasty habit of losing these types of games....the Oilers will likely lose the last ever Oiler game vs. the Flames at Rexall as well as the last game ever at Rexall to the Canucks because that's just what the Oilers do!! :shakehead

on the bright side we will likely be getting one of Matthews, Laine or Pulujarvi so i guess all is not lost! :facepalm:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
i know we need to lose for the matthews pick and all, but i just can't bring myself to cheer against the oilers winning in the last battle of alberta at the coliseum.... too many memories of those battles to not feel the feels tonight, no matter how unimportant the game is to the two current teams... i hope the oilers destroy the flames in epic fashion

Agreed. And I want the team to go out on a high this year. McLellan isn't going anywhere, we aren't stuck with MacT or Tambo calling the shots anymore and we have McDavid on board. I want the win.

considering who we play these last 3 games, i'd go ahead and get that avatar ready for me, lol

You never know I suppose but I like my odds! :naughty:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
unfortunately the Oilers have a nasty habit of losing these types of games....the Oilers will likely lose the last ever Oiler game vs. the Flames at Rexall as well as the last game ever at Rexall to the Canucks because that's just what the Oilers do!! :shakehead

on the bright side we will likely be getting one of Matthews, Laine or Pulujarvi so i guess all is not lost! :facepalm:

Time to see which players are proud to wear the oil drop and represent the city of Edmonton and who is just going through the motions.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
Time to see which players are proud to wear the oil drop and represent the city of Edmonton and who is just going through the motions.

yup and whomever isn't can be traded this summer as far as i am concerned ! and it won't be McDavid who could teach some of our chronic losers a few things about having a heart !! :rant:

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I hope they stack the top six, at least for a period.

RNH - McDavid - Eberle
Hall - Draisaitl - Yakupov
Maroon - Letestu - Kassian
Korpikoski - Hendricks - Pakarinen

And with this logic, we will never win. You need sandpaper on each of the top 2 lines (Maroon). Who is going in the corner and doing the dirty work?

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia

I don't know about that. I feel we are due to lose out and draft 4th. If that is the case, take Dubois if Chiarelli pulls off trades for D.
Everytime I run this simulator, we never win the pick.

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That Flames lineup is awful. I will be very disappointed if we don't win tonight.

Hey look goal against the Kings called back on incidental contact after the player was pushed into Quick. I'm shocked.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Would be nice to see some old time hockey tonight to close out the BOA in Rexall. Yak vs Gaudreau, Nurse vs whoever, maybe Hall can beat up Monahan or someone like that. Kick their *****, don't care what the score is. Just leave some bodies on the ice tonight.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
This game should've been something more meaningful standings wise.
It's a BOA strictly from a geographical perspective. Last one at Rexall is an empty headline right now.

**** this season.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Oilers Twitter still saying Nuge not slated to play tonight anyone heard anything other then Van Diest's tweet?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Battle hard boys. Hope we lay a licking on the Flames and 97 lights it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland