LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would he look good with Erickson Ek?
Maybe, but he should have a skilled winger on the line with him- doesn't matter if he is a shooter or a playmaker, as Kap can do both and adjust. That player just has to be smart enough to take advantage of what KK can bring, and have some offensive skill. JEE can do the dirty work.

Right now it's been Parise and Bjugstad/Rask. Parise is still a decent player, and can score, but is a mediocre playmaker, and doesn't have much speed. Still, he is not the problem. The other two are fringe NHL'ers, if even that. I am sure there are more than a few AHL centers who can be just as effective.

Reactions: MNRube

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Right now the Wild lack creativity, especially up front. Spurgeon is the most creative player besides Kaprizov and you can see the chemistry he has with Kaprizov, but Fiala and Parise, the two best offensive forwards, rely less on creativity and more on speed (Fiala) and tenacity (Parise). Wild really need Rossi & Boldy to arrive and be as advertised. Those two appear to have the high hockey IQ needed to thrive next to Kaprizov.

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good point. Any forward on the Wild will tend to get better breakout passes from the D, Suter is a master at stretch passes, and Spurgeon and Dumba are always game to join in the rush. I can't agree with the comment above saying that Fiala isn't creative.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was more than ready to play in the NHL, for sure. He is already 1st line quality, but if he improves, which seems likely as he gets to know the league, he'll be an elite 1st liner.

So surprised by his strength and stability on the ice, but was also happy when 6'5" Soucy stepped in when someone tried to give him the business late in the game. Keep your skilled players away from that crap.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Damn he looks better than Panarin. which sounds crazy considering how good panarin is.
I think Panarin is quicker and faster, though I haven't seen him recently. Kap might be tougher, and more able to handle heavy going.

I would love for him to be on a line with JEE and Fiala, and failing that, Greenway, who is coming into his own this year. JEE and Greenway would create holes so big for Kap that he could drive a truck through them.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckOG

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
If he finds another step in his skating I don’t see why he can’t be a perennial all star. He does it all, he’s showing off his creativity more each game. I wouldn’t say that we have 0 of that besides him, Fiala has a bit, but we definitely need more skill around IQ around him.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Wild will never do anything big during the Parise/Suter era but once they're gone the Kaprisov era will have potential

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If he finds another step in his skating I don’t see why he can’t be a perennial all star. He does it all, he’s showing off his creativity more each game. I wouldn’t say that we have 0 of that besides him, Fiala has a bit, but we definitely need more skill around IQ around him.
He doesn’t need another step to do that. He stepped into this league as a 23yo and was an allstar right away. Put him with actual talent and he’ll be well over a point per game player. Guy is lethal, especially when he gets scoring chances, which he hasn’t been getting a ton of because he’s doing all the work in the zone to set up the scoring chances. Put him with Ek and Greenway and he probably plays to a point a game the rest of the year. Put him with other first line talents and who knows what could happen. Iron sharpens Iron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad