LW/RW Kirill Kaprizov (2015, 135th, MIN) - Part II

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So far seems to have the "it" factor. Got caught earlier in the game overhandling the puck- will have to adjust to the speed and power of the NHL.

Guerin has to get off his ass and trade for at least one good top 6 C, or Fiala and Kaprizov are going to get fed up and start looking for greener pastures. The Center lineup for the Wild is the worst I have ever seen.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
So far seems to have the "it" factor. Got caught earlier in the game overhandling the puck- will have to adjust to the speed and power of the NHL.

Guerin has to get off his ass and trade for at least one good top 6 C, or Fiala and Kaprizov are going to get fed up and start looking for greener pastures. The Center lineup for the Wild is the worst I have ever seen.
Please...Rask, Johansson, Bonino, Bjugstad. There‘s no need for more C.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, the mind can be a very powerful thing. Kaprizov seems to have a mature game. That's what I see in Lundell, also, though he plays a very different game.

Well, he also has substantive professional experience in the 2nd best professional hockey league in the world before he came over. He’s not really a “rookie” in the sense we’d refer to NA players similar to Panarin when he came over. Staying home in Russia until he was physically and mentally mature enough to play in the NHL was probably the right thing for him to do.

He’s a good player, I remember watching him light up the WJC a few years back.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

When I saw that play at first, i didn't know what happened... was it a bad or tipped pass to the other Wild player, or? Then I saw what he attempted, and Dubnyk had to save, with a player draped on his back.

Any doubts I had about a smaller Euro player not being able to withstand the physicality of the NHL are gone. He is very strong on his skates, as well as agile, and he is so smart that he will think his way out of other situations when he is outmanned.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The fact that he’s playing with Parise and Bjugstad just blows my mind. We keep winning too so it won’t change for a while. I feel for him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I liked seeing him a line with Greenway and JEE. took me back to when they were the most impactful players in the WJC.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This Minnesota plays such an old school Canadian hockey (dumping the puck and then trying to crush opponents with physical pressure), that I feel bad for Kirill. It's not his type of hockey, despite he's able to play it. Just hope he won't get used to it, because it can destroy his creativity.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This Minnesota plays such an old school Canadian hockey (dumping the puck and then trying to crush opponents with physical pressure), that I feel bad for Kirill. It's not his type of hockey, despite he's able to play it. Just hope he won't get used to it, because it can destroy his creativity.
Hey and you haven’t had to watch it for 20 years. Imagine how we feel. A lot of it is his linemates, though, too. Parise and Bjugstad are grinders. If he played with a guy like Fiala, who was able to show some insane creativity last year, I feel that they would feed off of each other. In the few times they’ve gotten used together, they’ve been dynamite. Evason hates me though so he won’t do that any time soon.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has surprised me with how good he is right out of the gate. There are a few times when he has had the puck taken away from him because he underestimated how good the checking is in the NHL, but you could see that he was mad at himself, and was taking notes for next time.
In other words, he is already a first line talent, and will be getting better, because he appears to be a very smart, self aware, player. While very competitive, he also appears to be a happy warrior, and takes joy in both his, and his teammates success.
Fun to watch.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
He has surprised me with how good he is right out of the gate. There are a few times when he has had the puck taken away from him because he underestimated how good the checking is in the NHL, but you could see that he was mad at himself, and was taking notes for next time.
In other words, he is already a first line talent, and will be getting better, because he appears to be a very smart, self aware, player. While very competitive, he also appears to be a happy warrior, and takes joy in both his, and his teammates success.
Fun to watch.
Yup. Even though when i watched him in the KHL, i was thinking that damn he will do some serious damage in the NHL but you still can't be 100% sure. He's also a freakish athlete, when you combine that with skillset and IQ he has, wow.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can see now that worrying about his size was a waste of time. He's not tall, but built thick, and has a very strong balance and connection to the ice. Add in that he is a nimble, skilled skater...he is built to withstand the rigors of physical play. I mean, everyone gets hammered sooner or later, but he is above average in strength.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad