LW/RW Anatoliy Golyshev - Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL (2016, 95th, NYI)

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
is this kid a legit prospect? Seems to putting up great #'s in a league where another teams (NYR) top prospect or close to it has a ton of video clips passing, skating but little results on the scoreboard so far...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
is this kid a legit prospect? Seems to putting up great #'s in a league where another teams (NYR) top prospect or close to it has a ton of video clips passing, skating but little results on the scoreboard so far...

Avto, unlike Traktor, has an actual coach, big budget and a lot of good players (stars even by KHL standarts). Considering, that Golyshev is still one of the team's leaders, I think, he's legit.

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Avto, unlike Traktor, has an actual coach, big budget and a lot of good players (stars even by KHL standarts). Considering, that Golyshev is still one of the team's leaders, I think, he's legit.

thank you for the feedback. Always curious why one guy is getting points and the other is not so much.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You are not seious cmparing those two, are you? Golyshev is 5(!) years older. At Kravtsov's current age he's had 5pts all season and the year before he wasn't in the league while Kravtsov has had some amazing playoffs last season. He is 18.

Golyshev is legit, but always was and is behind Kravtsov ceiling wise. The question is if Golyshev is ever interested in the NHL by now.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
While I'm glad that Golyshev is doing well, I just don't know if he'll ever come over to join the Isles.

I understand he has a young family and money talks. I don't know how much he makes now, but it has to be substantially more than what he would make in the AHL. With no guarantee of an NHL roster spot and NHL salary, I can't see him coming over. Seems like he's in a good situation with a good team with resources.

You also have to consider the drafting of Ishkakov in the 2nd round and his decision to play NCAA hockey at UCONN. He's younger, has the higher draft pedigree, no availability concerns, etc. Factor in Wahlstrom, Bellows, and Ho-Sang as more young competition for a roster spot.

Maybe Golyshev comes over in like 5 years after he's made money and has established himself as a long time KHL star/legit talent akin to Kovar?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Good to see his injury wasn't too serious.
Hopefully our other smallish Russian winger prospect, Ruslan Ishakov, is doing okay as well. Both Goly and Ish got injured around the same time, quite unfortunate.

I don't know what Golyshev's plans are, he is having a great year so I am sure he will have plenty of options going forward. His contract is over in 2019 right?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hopefully our other smallish Russian winger prospect, Ruslan Ishakov, is doing okay as well. Both Goly and Ish got injured around the same time, quite unfortunate.

I don't know what Golyshev's plans are, he is having a great year so I am sure he will have plenty of options going forward. His contract is over in 2019 right?

Yeah. I bet, Lou will try to get him. Probably, is already trying. At least, he should, because Avto will try to keep him for sure, and the team has money in abundance.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The Islanders rarely develop Russian players positively or those who play in the KHL. Kovar is the latest example of this. I wouldn't blame Sorokin or Golyshev if they decided to forgo LL's offer.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

While I think Golyshev woud be willing to try himself in the NHL, I kind of doubt it happens this summer, as his wife is expected to give birth to their second child this February and it's not easy to cross the pond in the situation like that.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
While I think Golyshev woud be willing to try himself in the NHL, I kind of doubt it happens this summer, as his wife is expected to give birth to their second child this February and it's not easy to cross the pond in the situation like that.

As long as Golyshev makes more money in the KHL and is not guaranteed an NHL roster spot, I don't see him coming over to NA any time soon. Having a young family that's growing is going to put more emphasis on the financial stability aspect of the situation.

I highly doubt he would have any interest in riding buses and making relative peanuts in the AHL.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
The Islanders rarely develop Russian players positively or those who play in the KHL. Kovar is the latest example of this. I wouldn't blame Sorokin or Golyshev if they decided to forgo LL's offer.

The Isles didnt have anything to do with Kovars development? They signed him as a 28 year old and when he didnt have a good camp sent him to Bport

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad