LW/RW Anatoliy Golyshev - Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL (2016, 95th, NYI)

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
The Isles didnt have anything to do with Kovars development? They signed him as a 28 year old and when he didnt have a good camp sent him to Bport
Who's the last great foreign player the Islanders have had?
What Europeans have we seen this franchise develop and help succeed?

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Im not claiming they have had any...Kovar isn't exactly the best player to use when talking about foreign players development tho.
Look at Nino and Chara and guys like Koskinen. They flourish elsewhere. Perhaps the last great Euro was Pallfy or Kenny Jonsson.
I have little faith this trend will stop. Even Kasper was underwhelming but regained his confidence in Pittsburgh. Can't even remember the Isles ever having a Russian all star. Vladimir Malakhov was sent packing for no legitimate reason. Nabakov wasn't even drafted by us. The Islanders are worse than the NY Mets when it comes to international talent.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Can't even remember the Isles ever having a Russian all star.

Really?

getty_ayashin.jpg

Alexei is shocked.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Look at Nino and Chara and guys like Koskinen. They flourish elsewhere. Perhaps the last great Euro was Pallfy or Kenny Jonsson.
I have little faith this trend will stop. Even Kasper was underwhelming but regained his confidence in Pittsburgh. Can't even remember the Isles ever having a Russian all star. Vladimir Malakhov was sent packing for no legitimate reason. Nabakov wasn't even drafted by us. The Islanders are worse than the NY Mets when it comes to international talent.
Tomas Jonson was really good. Most people forget or didn’t see him play.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Golyshev's current pace places him at a very respectable PNHLe of 44.
PNHLe is a stat that uses historical league values based on age, and position to identify a player's potential (ceiling) in the NHL.
Here are the current top 10 in the KHL

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 11.22.44 AM.png

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
This guy has really stepped up his game this season

Good for him, I wish him all the best. Idk what his plans are going forward, I know he has a family. Can be hectic uprooting everything and going to NA, so I don't fault him for sticking to the K

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Koskinen - middling starting goalie at best
Nino - suffered due to garth snow treatment of prospects
Chara - no one at that time thought he was going to do what he did. At best I thought he would be a #4 guy but more likely a #6 because he just didn't look like he had the tools to really make the jump. If you want to call out a team for letting him go it should be Ottawa.

Malakhov didn't light it up anywhere else but on the Island. Don't forget Mathieu Schneider was brought in for him(same age) and put up a ton of points on a bad Isles team before getting Milbury'd.

Kaspar no one liked that trade. It was a Milbury trade for more scoring(Bryan Smolinski)

And a russian all star? Guess Alexei Yashin doesn't count?

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I still think that drafting a highly skilled Russian makes more sense than a North American or European player with significantly less potential

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He not only just resigned, he resigned for 4 years. So goodnight sweet prince indeed.

Surprised, expected something like 2 years, but I guess that's what having two kids and a wife that doesn't speak English can result in (btw, in this case it totally doesn't help that the Isles don't have too many Russians on the team). Welp, someone had to be a new Mozyakin anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad