LW/RW Anatoliy Golyshev - Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, KHL (2016, 95th, NYI)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What's with the decline in production this year?

Getting lazy. Waiting for a big contract on SKA as Gusev replacement. Just kidding, but only partially.

He is not happy with the team, coach. All in all not good signs. I'd day he is no Panarin character wise.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Getting lazy. Waiting for a big contract on SKA as Gusev replacement. Just kidding, but only partially.

He is not happy with the team, coach. All in all not good signs. I'd day he is no Panarin character wise.

Why is he not happy?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Golyshev left the impression like instead of working hard in the summer and improving he just took everything for granted. The good old "I am a star now lets take it easy" attitude.

He was giving the puck away like it was free candy at the beginning of the season and not producing offensively. So got sent to minors. Hence the hurt feelings. Overall, talent is obviously there, work ethic isn't.

monsieurthibz

Oct 8, 2016
Montreal
Might as well call him a bust already, the Isles are clearly not known to handle these hot-heads in a good way lol at least they tried!

Last edited:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I really hope he develops, lots of upside.

Last year he had a lot of beef with the organization, hopefully he is focused this year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What's his contract situation like exactly?

How's his 200 ft. game? Is it good enough to be a third liner in the NHL?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
What's his contract situation like exactly?

How's his 200 ft. game? Is it good enough to be a third liner in the NHL?

For his size, he is actually surprisingly gritty.

Still, either his offensive game develops or he isn't a NHLer

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
His coach recently told that Golyshev just took for granted that he is a 20+ goal scorer in the KHL now. So yes, I'd say that his overall work ethics is the biggest concern.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
His coach recently told that Golyshev just took for granted that he is a 20+ goal scorer in the KHL now. So yes, I'd say that his overall work ethics is the biggest concern.

Well yeah what happened to Golyshev is definition of the sophomore slump. His attitude after breakout year wasn't at all what it needed to be. And this year as well, a lot depends on if he can get his confidence back. At this point he isn't the player he used to be in 15/16 season.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Sweet thanks for the update. When Islanders drafted him hope was he might be a diamond in the rough and be the next Panarin(or at least 75% the player Panarin was). Nice to see him bounce back after a poor season last year. it would be pretty sweet if the Islanders could turn 2 guys who were drafted 3 years outside their original draft year into NHL players(Aho just got called up)

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Lol @ his celebrations. Also he seems to have one hell of a shot.

Last edited:

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
He's signed in the KHL until 2018-19. Then there is the obvious Russian-factor that the Isles will have to worry about which is a real threat especially when a guy like Golyshev can make substantially more money staying in a comfortable setting instead of signing an entry level deal to come to the NHL

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
He's signed in the KHL until 2018-19. Then there is the obvious Russian-factor that the Isles will have to worry about which is a real threat especially when a guy like Golyshev can make substantially more money staying in a comfortable setting instead of signing an entry level deal to come to the NHL

Him coming over would be gravy for the Islanders.

There's never really been an indication that he's actively in their plans, and I don't think they are really leaving a spot waiting for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad