Prospect Info: LW - Nolan Foote

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Is Nolan Foote losing tread in our prospect pool?

His numbers went down this year and the few chunks of games I caught, he seemed to be a ways down the lineup for a recent 1st round pick

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Is Nolan Foote losing tread in our prospect pool?

His numbers went down this year and the few chunks of games I caught, he seemed to be a ways down the lineup for a recent 1st round pick
It would seem so. To be fair to him he was a late first round pick and if I remember correctly he wasn’t exactly projected to go in the first round coming into the draft after falling in his draft year. But we obviously hoped for more after trading for him. Still has time to turn things around.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
It would seem so. To be fair to him he was a late first round pick and if I remember correctly he wasn’t exactly projected to go in the first round coming into the draft after falling in his draft year. But we obviously hoped for more after trading for him. Still has time to turn things around.
I dont like to see the numbers go down, especially over a larger amount of games, but a near 6'4" forward whos only 21 and somewhat frail for his size is probably a candidate for a bit of a regression in his sophomore season of pro hockey.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Though he has put on weight since his draft where he was listed around 185. More muscle mass and maybe 5-10 more pounds is what Id like to see by the time hes 23.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I dont like to see the numbers go down, especially over a larger amount of games, but a near 6'4" forward whos only 21 and somewhat frail for his size is probably a candidate for a bit of a regression in his sophomore season of pro hockey.
I don’t that his issue though. I think his skating still needs improvement and I think his puck skills and overall offensive game need to improve.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
He started off slow this year. First 15-20 games, he was pretty bad, but he got better over the season. He actually had his best game of the year last game. But overall, I think he's too slow and not good enough in the other areas of the game to be a consistently productive guy in the NHL. At best he will top out as a bottom 6 PF.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad