Prospect Info: LW - Nolan Foote

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I know basically nothing about the kid, but from what I've read since the trade went down he's exactly the type of high upside player a rebuilding franchise should be looking to acquire. Very good chance at being a player/scorer in the NHL, reasonable chance of being an impact guy,

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Any chance this kid progresses similar to a Mikko Rantanen type guy?

Every scouting report I have read says that his skating is what holds him back, but that it has improved this year.

He has NHL shot right now and really high IQ. Exciting prospect. Seems an ideal winger prospect for Hughes.

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Every scouting report I have read says that his skating is what holds him back, but that it has improved this year.

He has NHL shot right now and really high IQ. Exciting prospect. Seems an ideal winger prospect for Hughes.

A big shoot first winger with good IQ is basically what we have been asking for for Jack since we drafted him.

Someone who can pot his grade A chances and compensate for Jack being smaller and inevitably not being able to win as many board battles.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I worry about his skating. Even though he's "improving," it's something that too many of our prospects recently haven't been able to improve upon

Reactions: mdj12784

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Foote - Hischier - Hughes. That is a line I want to see the Devils use one day. (Yes Jack as a RW) 3 different players and hopefully what could be 1 dominant line in the NHL one day.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
The Rockets really lack offensive punch outside of Foote and maybe 1 or 2 guys. It’s interesting to think where Foote’s stock might be if he had some other big offensive players to play with.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
So he is eligible for Bingo next year. So a much stronger possibility we get to see him play because he can be sheltered down there if he isn't fully ready.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Not sure what makes him a beast. I’m a sth in Kelowna and he’s not even a beast in the whl. Kid is not a good skater at all. Good shot on the pp. Not much else.
Kelowna blows. You see what he can do when you surround him with actual talent as evident by how he looked at the WJC.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah, just looked at their stats and he’s their only player who’s over a point per game.
Yeah, it's like this dude is expecting him to be a Alexis Lafreniere or Quinton Byfield type when someone says "beast." No, he's not someone that's going to be able to carry you and lift up linemates. That's not what we acquired him to do. He's a secondary piece but a huge piece nonetheless.

His profile is like a smarter JvR. I'll take that any day of the week in a trade for a prospect.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Just sayin', it'd be a lot of fun if Foote and Smith both make it to Newark some time next season.

Don't rush them if it isn't in their best interests, but I wanna see the future noooooow.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Just sayin', it'd be a lot of fun if Foote and Smith both make it to Newark some time next season.

Don't rush them if it isn't in their best interests, but I wanna see the future noooooow.

they will both be AHL eligible so even if they don’t make the team in camp, we should see them as callups eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad