LW Nikita Gusev - SKA, KHL (2012, 202nd, TBL; traded to VGK)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Gusev is personal friends with Kucherov and are constantly in talks over coming to TBL as I seen on the TB telecast. Those 2 are ridiculous together, if you think Kucherov is good now, Gusev would definitely squeeze a few more points out of him a season. Im having dreams of their days in the Superseries, all kinds of cross seem passing, one timer city, just ridiculous domination of that tournament.

IMO I think he will be the anecdote to some cap issues TB is going to have down the road, he will likely replace someone who will have to be let go in the top 6.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
He's not going Anywhere's, he's staying in Russia to develop how a true Russian should. How dare he come to North America

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Elliotte Friedman http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-everyone-can-win-trouba-deal/

20. Last week was the Karjala Cup, a pro tournament scouted by NHL teams that is hosted by Finland. The Czech Republic, Russia and Sweden also compete. Usually there’s a diamond in the rough or two, but scouts were down on what they saw this year. (Or, they’re just hiding what they liked.)

One player I did get a thumbs up on: Russia’s Nikita Gusev, who had four points in three games as his country went undefeated. Gusev, taken 202nd in the 2012 draft by Tampa Bay, will be 25 in July. I came across some interviews where he’s said he’d like to come over sometime, as Kucherov is one of his close friends. But no idea if he actually will.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Tampa's embarrassment of riches continues to grow if this guy comes over. Its insane how good Tampa is at scouting and drafting/signing these small skilled players that are able to make an impact at the NHL level. Will be interesting to see if he comes over.

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
When I saw what Kucherov eventually signed for, my first thought was that he signed for less because there had to be some discussion about having a conversation on getting Gusev over to TB (total speculation).

When teams are tight against the cap ceiling they have to think outside the box on how to utilize their spending to separate themselves from the rest of the league: scouting, extra coaches, team assistants etc.
Paying whatever the price tag that comes with Gusev so that he moves from the KHL to the NHL seems like one of those options, and on an open window with an expiry date.
His current contract finishes at the end of 17/18 as far as I know, but this has to be a priority for TB. He has Panarin-esque potential impact for a team that is going to have some serious cap issues at the end of this year.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Tampa's embarrassment of riches continues to grow if this guy comes over. Its insane how good Tampa is at scouting and drafting/signing these small skilled players that are able to make an impact at the NHL level. Will be interesting to see if he comes over.

And Yzerman could have had Abramov...

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Ive said before on this thread. Im certain Yzerman has some verbal agreement with him, TB TV guys said Kucherov remains in touch with him about coming over also. Hes going to come over when TB needs him to, ie when the cap crunch sets in. Drouin will be in for big raise someone will have to go, insert Gusev - book it. In the meantime he marinates in the KHL with Kovy and co.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Ive said before on this thread. Im certain Yzerman has some verbal agreement with him, TB TV guys said Kucherov remains in touch with him about coming over also. Hes going to come over when TB needs him to, ie when the cap crunch sets in. Drouin will be in for big raise someone will have to go, insert Gusev - book it. In the meantime he marinates in the KHL with Kovy and co.

Hasn't he also stated that he'll come over when he thinks he's fully ready? He'll want to have a big year in the KHL first then move on from there.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

We'll be fine capwise, moving Filppula and one of Garrison/Coburn won't be that difficult and we'll have enough cap to resign Drouin, Johnson and Palat but Killorn playing the way he has is a prime Vegas target. That opens up a spot in the top-9, if Gusev moves in oh man...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad