LW Nick Ritchie (2014, 10th, ANA)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He was my 2nd choice behind Dal Colle.

I have to be honest though. I thought he would be a big physical 20 goal 50 point 2nd line winger at best

His skill is really translating to the pros and thats awesome to see

ANA really needs big skilled forwards who Can score. (Sarcasm)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He was my 2nd choice behind Dal Colle.

I have to be honest though. I thought he would be a big physical 20 goal 50 point 2nd line winger at best

His skill is really translating to the pros and thats awesome to see

ANA really needs big skilled forwards who Can score. (Sarcasm)

Perhaps a Getzlaf, Perry, and Ritchie line one day? Size and skill and some meanness. This would be an enjoyable line to watch.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Surprise it came now. He wasn't very good yesterday and pulled some stupid ****

Hope it's for the best, now I don't have to watch him terrorize the 'Cuda :laugh:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sneaky ******* :laugh:

Yes, yes I am! :laugh:

I really liked this kid in his draft year, he's exactly what the Oilers could use in a big way. No surprise that he wound up in the Pacific division for me to watch him manhandle the Oilers for the next 15 years or more! :help:

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Ritchie is making his NHL debut tonight against Carolina. He's playing alongside Kesler and Stewart.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I haven't seen him at all and aside from seeing his gaudy stat line, I don't know much on how he plays.
Does he throw his weight around much? He's a beefy kid.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I haven't seen him at all and aside from seeing his gaudy stat line, I don't know much on how he plays.
Does he throw his weight around much? He's a beefy kid.

He does but it's still sort of a separate part of his game, meaning when he's hitting, he's not maintaining the other things that make him effective. He's at his best using his frame to box out defenders to either shield the puck or keep his stick free for a shot.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He does but it's still sort of a separate part of his game, meaning when he's hitting, he's not maintaining the other things that make him effective. He's at his best using his frame to box out defenders to either shield the puck or keep his stick free for a shot.

Ah, ok thanks.
I was picturing a kid who crushes the defencemen on the forecheck and then heads to the net after the turnover.

Italian President

Aug 13, 2012
He didn't really impress me out there tonight. Whatever, it's just one game, he needs to gain more confidence. He basically just made whatever the safest pass was every time he got the puck

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He didn't look bad..

Agreed. He looked a little nervous at times, but not out of place at all. Raw, but talented. Pretty much what I'd expect from a 19 year old playing his very first NHL game.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
i actually was impressed - I have not been able to see a ton of him in the past but i know he has a great shot and big body. What i was looking for was his speed, quickness and ability to get in on the forecheck and i was pleasantly surprised at how well he skated for a big man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad