LW Nick Ritchie (2014, 10th, ANA)

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Ritchie's raw tools have been flashed, but it's obvious he's not ready yet. Needs to dedicate himself to improving his conditioning this summer and hopefully can push for a full time spot next season.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
yeah he is a big boy who cant keep up. nasty shot. Also needs to learn to use his body more on the boards. He always loses those battles

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I assume he'd slip in a redraft because of Larkin, Pastrnak, and maybe Fabbri, (which is not a knock on anyone) but has he looked like he was worth pickingin the 10-15 range?

I try to follow the guy a bit but I never catch him playing. I'm only really I retested because I want to see what Ottawa gave up.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I assume he'd slip in a redraft because of Larkin, Pastrnak, and maybe Fabbri, (which is not a knock on anyone) but has he looked like he was worth pickingin the 10-15 range?

I try to follow the guy a bit but I never catch him playing. I'm only really I retested because I want to see what Ottawa gave up.

I'd say around 10 with Virtanen, and Dal Colle.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

He probably stays where he was picked, his skill set is rare. The only guys clearly ahead of him are the top 4 and the 3 guys you mentioned, plus Ehlers. I'd take Nylander over some of the guys I mentioned, but he hasn't done enough to put clearly put himself ahead of Ritchie and I have clear bias. I'd take Ritchie over Dal Colle, Fleury and Virtanen, but McCann may of also passed him. By my count that puts him in the 10-11 range.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Nice goal. Bounces will start to go his way hes gonna be a gem in this game hes got so much talent for this game ducks fans are lucky to have him. Just a young NHLer people forget that too he will be just fine

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Dal Colle is so overrated it's hilarious.
27 goals in his last 29 games since the trade.
Furthermore, I don't see many people banging the drum about him much considering where he was drafted.
People may not like the player which is fair enough, but I don't know if he's overrated. As a matter of fact, previous to your post, it's suggested above that an NHL'er with 1 goal in 25 games has surpassed him in a re-draft.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
He probably stays where he was picked, his skill set is rare. The only guys clearly ahead of him are the top 4 and the 3 guys you mentioned, plus Ehlers. I'd take Nylander over some of the guys I mentioned, but he hasn't done enough to put clearly put himself ahead of Ritchie and I have clear bias. I'd take Ritchie over Dal Colle, Fleury and Virtanen, but McCann may of also passed him. By my count that puts him in the 10-11 range.

Virtanen has passed McCann not sure why Virtanen would be with Fleury and Dal Colle. He is a deserving NHL player now. He is also the youngest player of anyone mentioned. Obviously there is Larkin, top 4 but the rest is pretty blurry in a redraft.

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver
Virtanen has passed McCann not sure why Virtanen would be with Fleury and Dal Colle. He is a deserving NHL player now. He is also the youngest player of anyone mentioned. Obviously there is Larkin, top 4 but the rest is pretty blurry in a redraft.

1. Ekblad
2. Draisaitl
3. Reinhart
4. Bennett
5. Larkin
6. Ehlers
7. Fabbri
8. Virtanen
9. McCann
10. Nylander

IMO but this is bound to change if Nylander and Ritchie start producing in the NHL.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
1. Ekblad
2. Draisaitl
3. Reinhart
4. Bennett
5. Larkin
6. Ehlers
7. Fabbri
8. Virtanen
9. McCann
10. Nylander

IMO but this is bound to change if Nylander and Ritchie start producing in the NHL.

What's the word on Pastrnak?

He had that incredible start to his NHL career last season...but, now you don't hear so much about him.

Bruins fans, icomeinpeace asking this question. I'm not disparaging the player at all. Just want to know what's going on with him.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
1. Ekblad
2. Draisaitl
3. Reinhart
4. Bennett
5. Larkin
6. Ehlers
7. Fabbri
8. Virtanen
9. McCann
10. Nylander

Only reason nylander isn't producing is that his wingers have been the likes of grabner and greening. These are arguably less than 4th line quality players.

Nylander has been doing very well at winning face offs, and each game he seems to have given his linemates tap ins only for them to flub them.

I understand why a few are ahead of him right now, but he hasn't disappointed in the least and his stat do not reflect how well he's played.

incognito Burrito*

He's looking good for Anaheim, but I have to ask if he has some sort of disease, or deformity ?

Something looks off. Could be he hasn't trained as hard as others and has a fat face ?

If it's offense just delete. Trying to understand like Lucic with his scoliosis I believe it is he has ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He's looking good for Anaheim, but I have to ask if he has some sort of disease, or deformity ?

Something looks off. Could be he hasn't trained as hard as others and has a fat face ?

If it's offense just delete. Trying to understand like Lucic with his scoliosis I believe it is he has ?

He has a big head and still has a bit of the baby cheeks thing going on.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
how the hell is Virtanen and McCann ahead of Nylander? Anyway really don't care just a bit eyebrow raising.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
What's the word on Pastrnak?

He had that incredible start to his NHL career last season...but, now you don't hear so much about him.

Bruins fans, icomeinpeace asking this question. I'm not disparaging the player at all. Just want to know what's going on with him.

He's fine. Missed a lot of time earlier this year and they let him go to the WJCs as it sort of coincided with him healing. Flashes a few times every game and has picked up the pace of late. He has a lot of bad turnovers so he needs to keep the offense coming in order for Julien to put up with that. He's been playing with Krejci early in games but they sometimes move him down when their ahead in the 3rd since he is mistake prone and makes bad turnovers. He has interestingly enough displayed some feistiness at times this year which is a nice surprise for a still lean, underdeveloped skill guy. I'm pretty excited to see what he'll be in another two to three years as he figures things out a bit more and hopefully adds another 10-15 lbs

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
So Ritchie has 2 points in 28 games, how's he doing outside of production and what should be expected of him in the future?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
So Ritchie has 2 points in 28 games, how's he doing outside of production and what should be expected of him in the future?

Expectations for the future haven't changed. He projects to be a power-forward capable of scoring 30 goals--think Horton, Hartnell, or Lucic for comparable players.

As of now, he's being held back by his lack of physical fitness. If he dedicates the offseason to losing about 15 pounds, his first step and acceleration will be on par with the aforementioned players he models his game after.

Oct 18, 2011
he is just not ready for the nhl, he reminds me of bobby ryan when he first came up. he has to get rid of some of that excess body weight he is carrying remember he was not even expected to play in the league at all this year really, it seems like the ducks are hoping this gives him a taste of what to expect, so he can prepare properly during the coming summer.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Not sure if he's still a prospect but how has Ritchie looked so far this year? Looks like he's playing with Getzlaf and Perry which is a good sign.

Roy Baby*

Sep 28, 2015
Phoenix,AZ
Not sure if he's still a prospect but how has Ritchie looked so far this year? Looks like he's playing with Getzlaf and Perry which is a good sign.

Looked really good against the Canucks last night. Was throwing some big hits, was in all the right positions, picked himself up a goal, and shielded the puck well with that big size. Looked comfortable and has great hands for a big man.

Obviously this will come with time, but he needs to be a bit quicker in his decision making. Couple times there were some lay ups to teammates and he hesitated, which almost lead to it being picked off.

He's on a really good trajectory and Ducks fans should be pleased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad