LW Maxime Comtois (2017, 50th, ANA)

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Except what I said ended up happening.
No, it didn't. He made the team on his own merits and had he continued to play that way he would still be here just like Sherwood is. You are just wrong. He was outplaying most of our regular forwards in camp, as did Sherwood. He wasn't some lesser player getting in because the competition was injured, which is what you were claiming.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
No, it didn't. He made the team on his own merits and had he continued to play that way he would still be here just like Sherwood is. You are just wrong. He was outplaying most of our regular forwards in camp, as did Sherwood. He wasn't some lesser player getting in because the competition was injured, which is what you were claiming.
And he didn't continue to play that way because he isn't ready yet. He would've been recognized for his skill but sent down to work on consistency and skating as I had mentioned before. Great player, work on it for a year!

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
And he didn't continue to play that way because he isn't ready yet. He would've been recognized for his skill but sent down to work on consistency and skating as I had mentioned before. Great player, work on it for a year!
That is a completely different sentiment from 'he only made the team because of injuries'. He didn't show that inconsistency until the six or seven game mark of the regular season. Any notion that this was something obvious at camp only points to you having no clue of what happened there. I'll add that if he was AHL eligible, he could easily have found his way back to the squad after a short stint; independent of injuries.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

He is ready today, Anaheim are letting him get real minutes in juniors at the moment. He'd make a few nhl teams today as he has talent.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
That is a completely different sentiment from 'he only made the team because of injuries'. He didn't show that inconsistency until the six or seven game mark of the regular season. Any notion that this was something obvious at camp only points to you having no clue of what happened there. I'll add that if he was AHL eligible, he could easily have found his way back to the squad after a short stint; independent of injuries.
Maybe you misunderstood my original intent with the post. Once again, I was never saying that he deserves to be in Juniors, only reverberating that with Anaheim's depth and full roster, he shouldn't or wouldn't be included (unless you want him to play a 4th line role). I'm sure he could make other teams with more room in their top nine. He is ready ON SOME TEAMS as posted above alluded to.

Christien

May 1, 2010
First game with Drummondville and already scored his first goal with an assist by Veleno & Beaudin. Only in the first period btw

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He got 9 shots on net in the game as well.

I think that Drummondville top line is going to be scary and produce a ridiculous amount. 9 shots on goal for Comtois, 6 of which were dangerous. It sounds like him and Veleno could've had a couple more points likely. Only one goal but Comtois was named 2nd star

Reactions: Fixxer

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
he is going to be a staple as a top 6 power forward for the Ducks, whether its next year or the following one. Way underrated in his draft year and actually has really nice skill for a kid who already has an NHL body

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
Surprised there isn’t more talk of Comtois as a top prospect... he looks amazing out there... Reminds me of Pastrnak when he was coming up.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Currently he has a big advantage because he is just too big and strong for everyone out there :D
Crazy that he certainly didn`t look out of place in NHL too. But he has still lot of things to do, to polish, etc for the NHL level. He seems to have the right attitude to reach that though, so as a Ducks fan I hope he plays and develops well at WJC and hopefully a Memorial Cup this season and comes in hot next year.
But I doubt he ever reaches Pastrnak level. Pasta drives the play way more than Goal-tois does, imo.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Surprised there isn’t more talk of Comtois as a top prospect... he looks amazing out there... Reminds me of Pastrnak when he was coming up.

He is a Ducks prospect. So he will be under the radar all the time. It looks like he is up there where he was one year before the draft. He has all the tools to be a very good NHL player and damn, if he can be as Pasternak I will take it but I don't see any similarity in their game.

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
“as Pasternak I will take it but I don't see any similarity in their game.”

Oops, i should have been more specific. I meant that the lack of hype as Comtois has developed reminded me of the silence around pasternak when he was developing and was ppg in the ahl. 7 pts in 10 games is incredible.

While it is hard to determine anything from an opponent like Denmark, Comtois last night showed exceptional IQ in positioning and control (and thats got little to do with overpowering opponents which clearly he can also do).

I think Comtois will become a top line winger with upside far greater than most are predicting, playing like a top 10 pick, not #50. Get him the right center and it’s going to be fun to watch.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Oops, i should have been more specific. I meant that the lack of hype as Comtois has developed reminded me of the silence around pasternak when he was developing and was ppg in the ahl. 7 pts in 10 games is incredible.

While it is hard to determine anything from an opponent like Denmark, Comtois last night showed exceptional IQ in positioning and control (and thats got little to do with overpowering opponents which clearly he can also do).

I think Comtois will become a top line winger with upside far greater than most are predicting, playing like a top 10 pick, not #50. Get him the right center and it’s going to be fun to watch.
I was meh about Comtois up until last years WJC. He was one of the youngest on the team, played a 3d line role - that line turned out to be vital for their success. And yeah, it was obvious there he have the hockey smarts to excell. It showed in his NHL stint as well, where he wasn`t so overpowering anymore. Well, he still absolutely trucked some dudes though :laugh:
He needs more polishing, but looks like he can become a 30 goal scorer (or who knows what, if the scoring keeps going up).

Reactions: RickyR

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Hes def shot up the draft board.... has the hands/skating to be a top notch power forward in todays nhl.

I think a line of
Comtois Steel Kase could be pretty deadly as soon as next year.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Don’t forget he was near-unanimously projected as a top pick prior to a disappointing draft year. The next season, he went out and dominated in a way worthy of any top-5 pick. He should be thought of as an elite prospect and have high expectations placed on him for TC and the Ducks. So far this year, he’s done nothing but exceed them.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
4.jpg989ecc34-5cbb-4726-ae71-ad2d8e9aeee1Original.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad