LW Maxime Comtois (2017, 50th, ANA)

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
6'0 175lbs. Reminds me a lot of Anthony Mantha in their style of play on the ice except he's a clear ahead of Mantha at the same age.

Currently leads the QMAAA playoffs in scoring with 8pts in 4 games and should be a top 2 pick in the upcoming QMJHL draft (I don't know much about Shane Bowers but I heard great things.)

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He's having a strong start to his QMJHL career with 10 points in 9 games so far. He's the leading scorer for Victoriaville Tigres as a 16 year old. Very impressive.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He's having a strong start to his QMJHL career with 10 points in 9 games so far. He's the leading scorer for Victoriaville Tigres as a 16 year old. Very impressive.

Excited to watch him soon, it's been a few years since a 16 year old put up ppg in the Q and led his team in scoring, I believe MacKinnon was the last to do so.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Anyone seen him play? Seems mightily impressive.

Missed my opportunity to watch him play a few weeks ago but I did get the chance to briefly meet the kid, seemed very down to earth.

Hopefully he continues this pace I would love to see a Q kid challenge for top 3 in the draft next year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
1+1 last night. Now 25 points in 20 games. Really good year for him.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Yeah, but the 2017 class seems fairly wide open and doesn't seem to have a surefire #1 at the moment. Patrick might be, but he's not running away with it.

Morand looks really good too, but at 5"9, teams might go for Patrick or Comtois instead.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Had a 4 pt night last game and scored his 19th tonight. 40 pts in 34 games so far and looking like a potential rival for Patrick and his #1 spot. Comtois, Patrick, Vilardi, Rasmussen, Strome and Morand are all names to watch for in the 17 draft.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Had a 4 pt night last game and scored his 19th tonight. 40 pts in 34 games so far and looking like a potential rival for Patrick and his #1 spot. Comtois, Patrick, Vilardi, Rasmussen, Strome and Morand are all names to watch for in the 17 draft.

How about Jason Robertson from Kingston?

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Absolute monster. Cannot wait to see him at 17. You see him play and he excel in every aspect.

Amazing Hockey I.Q
Great Shot
Great Skating
Great Vision
Win every battle down-low...

he's like a Toews clone for me

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Absolute monster. Cannot wait to see him at 17. You see him play and he excel in every aspect.

Amazing Hockey I.Q
Great Shot
Great Skating
Great Vision
Win every battle down-low...

he's like a Toews clone for me

i abslutely agree above
but i find he is a bit top heavy on skating, not a fluid skater

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He may very well challenge Patrick my only thing is, when was the last time an elite Quebec kid came out of the Q and made even a ( Tavares, Hall, Seguin ) type impact? I've had high hopes for Huberdeau and Drouin who were the best bets but still waiting on them, seems pretty rare these days that it happens.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
He may very well challenge Patrick my only thing is, when was the last time an elite Quebec kid came out of the Q and made even a ( Tavares, Hall, Seguin ) type impact? I've had high hopes for Huberdeau and Drouin who were the best bets but still waiting on them, seems pretty rare these days that it happens.

Well, I think Huby is having a good career start, he is improving since day 1 and will continue to do so. He's already a decent 1st liner and still has room to improve!

But yeah, that Comtois kid is a true beast. Can't see him challenge Patrick for the #1 spot yet though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->