LW Maxime Comtois (2017, 50th, ANA)

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Are you saying that Gibson being a top 3 goalie is a hot take? I really don't see how anyone could debate the notion.

He said "Anderson worked out great for us... Top 3 goalie."

I took him at his word that "us" meant Toronto. Should have looked at his user name and resume.

Reactions: kroypuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He said "Anderson worked out great for us... Top 3 goalie."

I took him at his word that "us" meant Toronto. Should have looked at his user name and resume.

Nah just saying, trading Andersen didn't hurt us at all... because we have Gibson who is a top 3 goalie(young goalie, if that pleases the other dude that clearly doesn't know who Gibson is). The fact that we got a top 6 C, and a top 6 Winger for Andersen while keeping Gibson is wonderful.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Back to the Q:

Really surprised by this. He was doing well, they burned the ELC, etc.

Teams don’t really care about that anymore, they’re far more concerned with the 40 game mark where they accrue a year towards UFA. If anything, this will just make him cheaper on his next contract for the Ducks since he won’t have the body of work to use in his favour.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He only made the team cause of the injuries. When some come back before his 9 games are up, he’s one of the first ones gone unless he shows a higher level of skating that I haven’t seen from him yet.
i took a lot of heat for this post lol.
the Q again will do him some good in refining the raw parts of his game a little better. good start.

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
True but he had 7 points in 10 games. They already burned it...why not give him another look after his AHL conditioning stint was over? They had time before the WJC.

It was posted on the Ducks board that 11 games means he's eligible for expansion draft, first year of his ELC is burned but he still is considered not accruing a season of pro experience toward the ED.

Reactions: McDonald19

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Maxime Comtois is back with Drummondville? Crap... they just won 7-1 against a top team without him last night. This is gonna be a little scary as I’m a Mooseheads fan... lol wish we could get Zadina back. There is quite a few teams going for the cup this year so this’ll be an intense season in the QMJHL... Comtois will definitely be the top guy in the league and probably captain of WJC.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i took a lot of heat for this post lol.
the Q again will do him some good in refining the raw parts of his game a little better. good start.

Well it was obvious but he looked fine at the NHL level... we just have too much money invested in crappy players... id much rather have comtois than cogs/kesler/eaves/perry/gibbons/rawney/Ritchie.

Reactions: lakai17

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Maxime Comtois is back with Drummondville? Crap... they just won 7-1 against a top team without him last night. This is gonna be a little scary as I’m a Mooseheads fan... lol wish we could get Zadina back. There is quite a few teams going for the cup this year so this’ll be an intense season in the QMJHL... Comtois will definitely be the top guy in the league and probably captain of WJC.

100% sure Zadina is gonna stay in Grand Rapids. Drummondville is gonna be filthy with Veleno, Comtois, MacLeod, Guay, Beaudin and Rodrigue in net.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
100% sure Zadina is gonna stay in Grand Rapids. Drummondville is gonna be filthy with Veleno, Comtois, MacLeod, Guay, Beaudin and Rodrigue in net.
Never said he would. No way Zadinas coming back. Good for Comtois teams gonna be f***ing nasty. Just lost 6-3 to Drum without Maxime.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Which is all I was saying before!!
No you said that the only reason that he made the team was because of injuries, but that wasn't the case. He was playing well, and it's not like they would hesitate to bump someone down to the A to make room for him. Consistency was the major issue. He's pretty close to NHL ready.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
No you said that the only reason that he made the team was because of injuries, but that wasn't the case. He was playing well, and it's not like they would hesitate to bump someone down to the A to make room for him. Consistency was the major issue. He's pretty close to NHL ready.
Exactly. So without the injuries he would have started in the AHL. He’s still inconsistent and took advantage of a weak roster. Great player with great skill as mentioned before.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Exactly. So without the injuries he would have started in the AHL. He’s still inconsistent and took advantage of a weak roster. Great player with great skill as mentioned before.
I'm not saying that he would be headed to the AHL. I'm saying that someone else that is down roster would be headed there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad