LW Maxime Comtois (2017, 50th, ANA)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Fits right in with the Ducks, to be honest. Good or maybe even great player, terribly unlikeable if you don't cheer for the team he plays on. That first period in yesterday's game... Bush league.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Not a fan of the constant diving and whining, but obviously a solid player outside of the embarrassing on ice theatrics

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Fits right in with the Ducks, to be honest. Good or maybe even great player, terribly unlikeable if you don't cheer for the team he plays on. That first period in yesterday's game... Bush league.

It's funny. Last night's game was the first time I ever saw him play and I instantly didn't care for him. I also thought he'd fit right in with the Ducks since that team has a dbag vibe to it.

Reactions: Bruhin and Dmang714

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Russian captain Klim Kostin during the intermission of yesterday's Russia/canada game on comtois diving:

“In his previous life, he worked at a circus. Didn’t you know that? Perhaps he watched the World Cup of soccer, Neymar is probably his best friend.”

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Well... whatever what Comtois did, wvwrybody would take him with a late 2nd round. Sure shot NHLer right there

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Comtois is such a POS player. He's embarrassing to watch with his stupid embellishments.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
While I don’t like the diving I also don’t like the scapegoating of one player for Canada’s loss. Every time Canada loses it seems there has to be someone singled out as the cause. It was a team that lost that game. Comtois has played decently.
Sometimes people seem to forget these are just kids and this is just a game. The pressure is already high enough on these kids.

Reactions: travis scott

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
While I don’t like the diving I also don’t like the scapegoating of one player for Canada’s loss. Every time Canada loses it seems there has to be someone singled out as the cause. It was a team that lost that game. Comtois has played decently.
Sometimes people seem to forget these are just kids and this is just a game. The pressure is already high enough on these kids.
Who did comtois blame on the loss???

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Know some player who play for Victo last couple year and confirm me that everybody hate Comtois in the locker room . The two guy i know say that he was the baddest teammates ever

Don't love his attitude now , but he is a freaking good player . I was my better challenge in the Midget AAA to keep a eyes on with is linemates Morand . Very strong on his feet and he had improving is two-way game and his speed since that time

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It's funny. Last night's game was the first time I ever saw him play and I instantly didn't care for him. I also thought he'd fit right in with the Ducks since that team has a dbag vibe to it.
Apparently you haven't seen the Flames play: Giordano/Tkachuk/Neal are among dirtiest in the league & Gaudreau has been fined before for diving & diving appears to be why so many players slash Gaudreau's hands cause he upsets them. Giordano goes around trying to injure players for years & finally got suspended for it finally.
Their coach also got fined this year for sending out a goon to take revenge on the Wild.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Was he a part of last years gold medal team? He mustve been, since he dives exactly like them. Is it the new standard for a canadian WJC-team to bring a Busquet/Neymar to every tourny?

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Apparently you haven't seen the Flames play: Giordano/Tkachuk/Neal are among dirtiest in the league & Gaudreau has been fined before for diving & diving appears to be why so many players slash Gaudreau's hands cause he upsets them. Giordano goes around trying to injure players for years & finally got suspended for it finally.
Their coach also got fined this year for sending out a goon to take revenge on the Wild.

I haven't seen the Flames play very much. As a Chicagoan, I don't watch hardly any west coast games due to their late start times.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Know some player who play for Victo last couple year and confirm me that everybody hate Comtois in the locker room . The two guy i know say that he was the baddest teammates ever

Don't love his attitude now , but he is a freaking good player . I was my better challenge in the Midget AAA to keep a eyes on with is linemates Morand . Very strong on his feet and he had improving is two-way game and his speed since that time

This doesnt surprise me if true. Comtois with all his talent and projected to go top 5 at the start of his draft said ebfore the tourney that he couldnt remember the last time he was the captain of a team. A bad dressing room attitude could be a big part of the reason why

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Good grief people, so he took a dive, I mean hockey players cheat the rules all the time; I see embellishment on highsticking penalties regularly, I see players covering the puck with their hands, kicking pucks into the net, cross-checking, slew footing, I mean this is hockey. Someone above said it and I have no rooting interest as I am a team USA fan and a NY Rangers fan but Comtois is Canada's best player as well as their most physical. He's always around the puck, defensively responsible, excellent passer and he can finish. He's going to be a top 6 power forward in the NHL for a long time. What's with all this nonsense about him being a bad leader and a bad locker room presence? It's a bunch of garbage.

Captain Clutch

May 2, 2012
Oh and by the way, Canada lost because of bad puck luck and very good goaltending by the Russian goalie. They controlled 5 on 5 play, dominated in possession, shots, hits, takeaways, you name it. Any really good team can lose one game they deserved to win. Losing 2-1 to the Russians was just that, bad puck luck.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good grief people, so he took a dive, I mean hockey players cheat the rules all the time; I see embellishment on highsticking penalties regularly, I see players covering the puck with their hands, kicking pucks into the net, cross-checking, slew footing, I mean this is hockey. Someone above said it and I have no rooting interest as I am a team USA fan and a NY Rangers fan but Comtois is Canada's best player as well as their most physical. He's always around the puck, defensively responsible, excellent passer and he can finish. He's going to be a top 6 power forward in the NHL for a long time. What's with all this nonsense about him being a bad leader and a bad locker room presence? It's a bunch of garbage.

He was taking over 1 dive a game. It wasn't just a one of thing.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
He was taking over 1 dive a game. It wasn't just a one of thing.
Didn't see him dive outside of the Russia game.

Human nature is to want to blame, and it looks like Comtois will be the one people point the finger at, which is, of course, absurd. He played well overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad