LW Joel Farabee - USNTDP, USHL (2018, 14th, PHI)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As a NYI fan, I was shocked to get what we got. Farabee was absolutely next on my list, and it was whom I thought we'd be getting.

He reminds me a lot of Josh Bailey, who would've turned out much better much sooner if NYI hadn't rushed him into the NHL.

I was really worried Farabee would not be there for us because I figured the Isles would pick him with one of their 1st, but Arizona and New York shifted our fortunes (though I would have been happy with Kravstov at 14 too).

Reactions: AmericanDream

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
This was my favorite prospect in the draft. Not saying I think he'll be the best player, I just really like his game and think guys like this are very valuable. It will not shock me if we see that Wahlstrom was a product of this kid (and Hughes), not vice versa.

Hard as a Ranger fan to always see my favorite prospects end up on divisional rivals.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This was my favorite prospect in the draft. Not saying I think he'll be the best player, I just really like his game and think guys like this are very valuable. It will not shock me if we see that Wahlstrom was a product of this kid (and Hughes), not vice versa.

Hard as a Ranger fan to always see my favorite prospects end up on divisional rivals.

Most goal scorers of Walhstrom's ilk are "products" of whoever the playmaker is on the line.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
How can teams not want a very smart, very skilled and (very importantly) hard working player? Thought he should've went top 9 for sure. Remains to be seen how the rest picked before him pan out.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think he was always a realistic option there. But, Dallas just before you went really off the board too.

Thats right! Totally forgot about the Dellandrea pick.

Jim Nills drafting is gonna get him fired one day

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I had both Farabee and Dellandrea ahead of Hayton. I like the Dellandrea pick a lot, actually.
My point more was, while Hayton was considered a reach, odds were he still would have probably been picked by 14 for the Flyers. Kravtsov was a real wild card, but him going top 13 wasn't unexpected (at least for me, I've had Kravtsov to the Rangers long before draft night). I'm not bashing the Dallas pick (even if I wouldn't have made it), but him being picked at 13 is really the only reach that I think was unexpected and therefore impacted who was there at 14.

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
Patrick, Couturier, Frost, Farabee, O Brien, Konecny, Lindblom, Ratcliffe, Allison up front. Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, Hagg, Morin on the back end. And Hart in net. Should be fun watching this team the next several years.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
3 assists tonight for Farabee but BU loses another. Weren’t they expected to be good this year? Their lineup looks really good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad