LW Joel Farabee - USNTDP, USHL (2018, 14th, PHI)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So what's the purpose of comparing the physical maturity of an 18 year old versus a 33 year old as a juxtaposition to their rumored similarities as players?

You're reading too much into it. My only point was that if Farabee wants to be as successful as Parise he might have to add 30 lbs. I didn't say or imply anything else than that. I don't even know how good or bad the Parise comparison is because I don't watch Minnesota much, I was just relaying what other people have said...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Islanders got 11 and 12 back to back..I think Farabee lands there. If the Rangers take him at 9 I wouldn't be shocked, but the Islanders seem like right in that range with back to back picks...

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Islanders got 11 and 12 back to back..I think Farabee lands there. If the Rangers take him at 9 I wouldn't be shocked, but the Islanders seem like right in that range with back to back picks...

I see the Islanders getting Farabee/Veleno and Ty Smith, unless someone unexpected fall.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Love the Parise comparisons. He has impressed me at the under 18's as well.
he is a Parise/Pavelski type player. Smart and hard working with above average skill in nearly everything. players like him always over perform because of how hard they work each and every day, they do not take a shift off or anything for granted at this level. Islanders would love this kid and would be another top offensive piece regardless of what Tavares does.

Reactions: Peeps and ds4130

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It would be a travesty to Farabee if Veleno gets picked close to him, he's a much better prospect than Veleno.
I tend to agree. I am not big on Veleno.. but was basing that 10 spot on some rankings that I saw. I much prefer Kotkaniemi or Farabee

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pretty sure the Canucks wont draft him at 7 but he should be in consideration for bpa at that spot. Anyways whoever does pick him will be loving this pick for years and years

Reactions: Larry44 and Lays

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Would be over the moon if he fell to the Kings at 20. Love this kid.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

This is exactly what's going to happen, and as a Ranger fan I am sad about it. Hated watching Parise fall to the Devils in 2003 and will hate to see this just as much, if not worse.

I'm still holding out hope that the Rangers pull off some magic and come away from this night with both Wahlstrom and Farabee in the stable somehow. I am not convinced that Wahlstrom will have a better NHL career than Farabee.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Anyone willing to project Farabee's frame? He has two older brothers, both over 6'3" and 180 lbs. Were they late growers, too?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
As a NYI fan, I was shocked to get what we got. Farabee was absolutely next on my list, and it was whom I thought we'd be getting.

He reminds me a lot of Josh Bailey, who would've turned out much better much sooner if NYI hadn't rushed him into the NHL.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
As a NYI fan, I was shocked to get what we got. Farabee was absolutely next on my list, and it was whom I thought we'd be getting.

He reminds me a lot of Josh Bailey, who would've turned out much better much sooner if NYI hadn't rushed him into the NHL.

farabee has a fantastic wrist shot,and is more sniper than bailey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad