LW/C Kieffer Bellows - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 19th, NYI)

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
As long as Ladd is injured and Bellows keeps doing his thing, he will start the year with the big club. I tend to think if he gets a few games in, he will make it very difficult for Barry to send him down. He's a big strong boy, skates well enough, plays smart, backchecks hard, stays in position, can win battles.

And that shot.

giphy.gif

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he was sent down correct? pretty shocking from what I heard/seen from him...is the feeling to give him a top line role in the AHL as better than what he would get in the NHL??? I thought he looked good enough for a top 6 role...

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
he was sent down correct? pretty shocking from what I heard/seen from him...is the feeling to give him a top line role in the AHL as better than what he would get in the NHL??? I thought he looked good enough for a top 6 role...

Yes, he looked great but the top 6 forwards were set going into camp.

The isles will have 2x scoring lines and 2x checking lines.

LL/Trotz think it's better for him to play top minutes in the AHL rather then play on a line with Filppula/Komarov

The isles are going to be bad this season. no reason to rush a prospect up at this point.

Maybe we see him after the TDL if we ship out Lee/Eberle

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes, he looked great but the top 6 forwards were set going into camp.

The isles will have 2x scoring lines and 2x checking lines.

LL/Trotz think it's better for him to play top minutes in the AHL rather then play on a line with Filppula/Komarov

The isles are going to be bad this season. no reason to rush a prospect up at this point.

Maybe we see him after the TDL if we ship out Lee/Eberle

Bailey, Eberle, Lee, and ?????? who am I missing that he couldn't beat out for a top 6 role? I hope it wasn't Ladd?? lol...

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Will be interesting to see if Bellows can develop some chemistry with Ho-Sang in Bridgeport. They seem like they could compliment each other well.

If this "two checking lines" system flops and the team struggles to score, I doubt they'll wait long to bring either of the kids up to spark some life into the bottom six. It's unfortunate that Bellows didn't earn a spot based on how he played, but not the end of the world. This is his first year pro, after all. Not a bad thing to adjust at the AHL level to start.

Reactions: 99664987

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Bailey, Eberle, Lee, and ?????? who am I missing that he couldn't beat out for a top 6 role? I hope it wasn't Ladd?? lol...
He could have played on the third line but there is nobody there to give him the puck. I wish he stuck around as he deserved it based on his play but it was simple a numbers game. I actually think the Cizikas Martin Clutterbuck line will be the third line. Fourth line will probably feature Filpula Komarov and probably Khunackle. That is pretty weak as you can see with no real playmaker on those lines. Ladd probably starts season on IR.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
He could have played on the third line but there is nobody there to give him the puck. I wish he stuck around as he deserved it based on his play but it was simple a numbers game. I actually think the Cizikas Martin Clutterbuck line will be the third line. Fourth line will probably feature Filpula Komarov and probably Khunackle. That is pretty weak as you can see with no real playmaker on those lines. Ladd probably starts season on IR.
I hope Kovar is in over Filppula.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Have enjoyed following Bellows progression , how has he looked so far in his first pro season?

Reactions: LazyT

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He needs to up his trade value. Hate to be blunt about it with expansion coming up and holmstrom @ wahlstrom ahead of him as prospects. Isles may be wise to use him as bait to bolster themselves for a run at it all this year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bellows first NHL point. On the surface it didn't look like much, but he won a puck battle against Benn, one of the NHL's best. And this created a big goal to tie the game for the Isles. Congrats Kieffer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00