LW/C Kieffer Bellows - Boston University, NCAA (2016, 19th, NYI)

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Compare him to player " B" , in the OHL.

- same age.
- same size, more or less.

58 GP , 43 g, 38 a,

Was traded from an awful team to a good one in season. His numbers since joining the new team;

23gp, 23 g, 20 a.

Who would you rather have?
The one who isn't an overweight puck-hog with a suspect defensive game and work ethic

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Out of the top 15 goal scorers he’s the only 1 with less than 50 games played. Most of the others have over 60 games played.

The best thing about Bellows is even with the smaller amount of games played he’s tied for 1st in scoring the first goal and he’s tied for 3rd in insurance goals. It shows he scores when his team needs it at important times.

Reactions: ds4130

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The one who isn't an overweight puck-hog with a suspect defensive game and work ethic
Yet this overweight, 7th round, puck hog is still outproducing your boy, and by a good margin, hmm?

If you think Bellows has a good all round game, then you are in for a rude awakening.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Yet this overweight, 7th round, puck hog is still outproducing your boy, and by a good margin, hmm?

If you think Bellows has a good all round game, then you are in for a rude awakening.
Being a puck-hog with suspect work-ethic and defensive play wouldn't hurt his junior production

And "my boy" may be never be confused for Patrice Bergeron but at least all his scouting reports weren't littered with comments about how he doesn't try, puck watches, and needs to learn to play a team game.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’m still a little bummed that the Avs LW depth moving forward isn’t Landeskog / Bellows / Greer. Kieffer being the best sniper of the lot, Gabe the best playmaker n two way player, and AJ the best antagonist; but all three are strong & physical and they have the skills to do some damage with creative players...Bellows - Jost - Shvyryov would’ve been a beautiful 2nd line in a couple of years...

Hope he crushes it in the AHL next season as well, and doesn’t have as hard of a time getting off the 4th line whenever he does get his first NHL looks as AJ has this season.

Reactions: SI90

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
no bigger turd for me last year at BU, this kid had bust written all over him....he had an okay WJC on that 2017 Gold medal team with a few big goals, but something was just off for him especially since his USNDP and Sioux Falls days....then he goes to Portland, likely worked his tail off over the summer as he looked in great shape and confident all this year. if this is the player he truly is, which I am pretty convinced he is, the Isles have another top young star in the making...

Reactions: ds4130 and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
no bigger turd for me last year at BU, this kid had bust written all over him....he had an okay WJC on that 2017 Gold medal team with a few big goals, but something was just off for him especially since his USNDP and Sioux Falls days....then he goes to Portland, likely worked his tail off over the summer as he looked in great shape and confident all this year. if this is the player he truly is, which I am pretty convinced he is, the Isles have another top young star in the making...

I don’t know if he becomes a “Star” but he definitely has 30 goal potential imo. He’s also in great position with having a Center like Barzal to potentially play with.

His shot is terrific. His release is exceptional and he gets it off quick. He also shoots often which is great.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don’t know if he becomes a “Star” but he definitely has 30 goal potential imo. He’s also in great position with having a Center like Barzal to potentially play with.

His shot is terrific. His release is exceptional and he gets it off quick. He also shoots often which is great.
well, if you are a 21 year old 30 goal scorer, I kind of call that a star player!!

I am not saying he will be a superstar or anything like that, but look at the team he will be joining, this guy will fit right in with all that offensive talent and by sheer odds hit 20-25 next year without a ton of effort..

If Ho Sang or Dal Colle can step up and contribute something consistent next year, this team will be scary deep and pretty young.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
well, if you are a 21 year old 30 goal scorer, I kind of call that a star player!!

I am not saying he will be a superstar or anything like that, but look at the team he will be joining, this guy will fit right in with all that offensive talent and by sheer odds hit 20-25 next year without a ton of effort..

If Ho Sang or Dal Colle can step up and contribute something consistent next year, this team will be scary deep and pretty young.

We have to learn how to play defense. Goal scoring isn’t the problem. We have 2 80point centers and a 40 goal scoring winger and we still suck lol

Back to Bellows, I think it will take him a couple of years to adjust. Maybe 1 year in the AHL and then go from there.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We have to learn how to play defense. Goal scoring isn’t the problem. We have 2 80point centers and a 40 goal scoring winger and we still suck lol

Back to Bellows, I think it will take him a couple of years to adjust. Maybe 1 year in the AHL and then go from there.
Isles have a lot of work to do with that blue line...sickening to think you could lose De Haan from that group (as a Hawks fan I really want De Haan here)...

As for Bellows, likely needs some seasoning, not sure how he would fit in right away, but he has the best skill you could have down pretty solid - scoring goals...he could find a spot in the top 9 next year. If Alex Tuch can make Vegas I think Bellows can as well...a bit different players as Tuch isn't close to a sniper like Bellows, but I can see that type of role for Bellows right away. Point is I think you guys have another weapon here, whether you need it or not might as well utilize him if he is ready next year.

Reactions: ds4130 and SI90

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Another stupid pick by the dumbest GM in sports. Defenseman Snow. Defenseman. Goalie as well. Think harder Snow you dope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->